Gottlieb on local radio

Pick Em Rank

Default Gottlieb on local radio

Nice little segment, I will just bullet point this thing though.

- Arizona was the best team in the nation by a lot prior to the Ashley injury, and now we're in the top tier group which consists of a few teams that could easily win it all.
    - We're basically the same team as before, insofar as we have the same insane defense and we still can't shoot the ball well. Gabe York still isn't hitting shots, and once that starts happening Wildcats are in championship form.
    - Aaron Gordon should stay another year. Doesn't care what his stock is this year, he isn't a 3, he doesn't have a jump shot and needs to come back. Commented on how AG is elite at damn near everything else though. His basic argument was that AG is better off working on his game at Arizona than in the NBA. Ended by saying, "you never know, he htis a few shots in March and all of a sudden GM's are jumping to take him).
    - Clearly the number 1 overall seed as of right now - but we still have work to do. Winning PAC-12 tournament locks it up.

- Random tidbit on ASU: Jahii needs to stay another year, because he's no better than a 2nd rounder in this years draft.

surrounded by an army of 2. Which i created...
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Esq View Post
    Nice little segment, I will just bullet point this thing though.

- Arizona was the best team in the nation by a lot prior to the Ashley injury, and now we're in the top tier group which consists of a few teams that could easily win it all.
    - We're basically the same team as before, insofar as we have insane defense and we still can't shoot the ball well. Gabe York still isn't hitting shots, and once that starts happening Wildcats are in championship form.
    - Aaron Gordon should stay another year. Doesn't care what his stock is this year, he isn't a 3, he doesn't have a jump shot and needs to come back. Commented on how AG is elite at damn near everything else though. His basic argument was that AG is better off working on his game at Arizona than in the NBA. Ended by saying, "you never know, he htis a few shots in March and all of a sudden GM's are jumping to take him).
    - Clearly the number 1 overall seed as of right now - but we still have work to do. Winning PAC-12 tournament locks it up.

- Random tidbit on ASU: Jahii needs to stay another year, because he's no better than a 2nd rounder in this years draft.
    sounds like he's been reading hoopsnerd and has jumped off the jahii bandwagon.

"He touched the ball" Wildcat_13's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I agree that it would be better for him to work on his game at Arizona than the NBA but, I don't see it happening

Wildcat Fan Nate Dizzl AZ Wizzlz's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

So let me get this straight. He think's that we were the clear #1 team before the Ashley injury but now we are just in the mix with 4 or 5 other teams. And after the injury he thinks we are the same team just better defensively.

So...if we are the same team offensively but better defensively, tell me again why we still aren't the best team by a decent margin?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Palpalife View Post
    sounds like he's been reading hoopsnerd and has jumped off the jahii bandwagon.
    I told all ya'll over a year ago - if Jahii's Hoops Nerd rating didn't improve, he'd drop down the prospect rankings. My ratings "see" every minute of every game, and adjust for everything. When guys don't start getting near the Top 100 or so ranked national players after their frosh year - it's RARE they get drafted anywhere near 1st round, no matter what the hype.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Nate Dizzl AZ Wizzlz View Post
    So let me get this straight. He think's that we were the clear #1 team before the Ashley injury but now we are just in the mix with 4 or 5 other teams. And after the injury he thinks we are the same team just better defensively.

So...if we are the same team offensively but better defensively, tell me again why we still aren't the best team by a decent margin?
    Remember, someone is paraphrasing what was said. From what I read above - SAME "insane" defense and still can't shoot the ball well. Seems understood that York needs to shoot well to make up for Ashley's lost O efficiency.

But, I'm just trying to extrapolate what has already been paraphrased - so who knows.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Remember, someone is paraphrasing what was said. From what I read above - SAME "insane" defense and still can't shoot the ball well. Seems understood that York needs to shoot well to make up for Ashley's lost O efficiency.

But, I'm just trying to extrapolate what has already been paraphrased - so who knows.
    You're exactly right, same should even be in there.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Nate Dizzl AZ Wizzlz View Post

Didn't hear the show, but I don't think the OP is saying our defense is better without Ashley, just equally as "insane"

I disagree on us being the same team offensively, we were still undoubtedly better in the half court offense with brash, but I agree on York possibly being the key. I wish he could find more consistency on offense. He's played better overall the last few games (defense, rebounding, etc.) but his jump shot is wildly inconsistent from game to game. Even in yesterday's game the only three he made was a bank and most of the rest of his shots didn't even look that close