In Defense We Trust

Scandinavia Dirty Pirates Wildcat Dad's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Default In Defense We Trust

I am confident and paranoid at the same time. One moment I think we could lose to any hot team in the tournament, and the next there is no team I am afraid of. Overall I feel our defense means we can win any matchup,even if close, and when we click offensively we will dominate.

A #1 seed in the West would make me feel more cup half full

Not sure their is a question, here, just a concern
    Last edited by Wildcat Dad; 02-24-2014 at 09:35 PM.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I am cautiously optimistic. If what we saw last Saturday is the new "Offense" this team is going to play..... Look out, and we get a #1 seed. Let see how they handle their next 4 games.
    "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
    John Wayne

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I think Coach Miller has figured out the change after Brandon's injury and is now starting to use the rest of the great Wildcat players who have been learning and getting their game to the next level in practice. Elliot, Gabe, and Matt are going to help this team achieve it's goals with style and toughness. A great combination.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Our offense is starting to look better and better. I believe putting Gabe York in the starting line-up has really turned things around, and he has stepped up his game. Having RHJ off the bench gives the team a huge spark, and some size throughout the game. Our defense is always solid and will keep us in games. These next 4 games will tell a lot about our team, even tho I don't think we can continue to shoot 80+% from the floor we can still play some great offense.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Ponder this for a second: We are leading the country in most defensive categories while playing in the PAC12!! with PAC12 officials!!! I think we will be just fine against most tournament teams.

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post
    I think Coach Miller has figured out the change after Brandon's injury and is now starting to use the rest of the great Wildcat players who have been learning and getting their game to the next level in practice. Elliot, Gabe, and Matt are going to help this team achieve it's goals with style and toughness. A great combination.
    Two out of three, I agree. But Matt simply isn't good enough to be on the court, he just simply looks lost. And that's understandable. But let's not get our hopes up that he will be an important contributor...anything more than 2 minutes/half and I am not comfortable with what he can give

Wildcat Fan NastinessIsRequired's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I pretty much feel the same way. We are "blowout proof", seemingly. If we shoot the ball we are the favorites, even without Brash. Sort of related thought: If I was a neutral fan, I would be fascinated by a UA/Creighton matchup -- personally, I think we'd smother them, but on the other hand I watched those games vs Nova and they were burying shots from like well beyond NBA range. Our worst nightmare in the NCAAs is something like that (a complete outlier performance from a capable team that does us in on the wrong day).

Originally Posted by Wildcat Dad View Post
    I am confident and paranoid at the same time. One moment I think we could lose to any hot team in the tournament, and the next there is no team I am afraid of. Overall I feel our defense means we can win any matchup,even if close, and when we click offensively we will dominate.

Wildcat Fan NastinessIsRequired's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I pretty much feel the same way. We are "blowout proof", seemingly. If we shoot the ball we are the favorites, even without Brash. Sort of related thought: If I was a neutral fan, I would be fascinated by a UA/Creighton matchup -- personally, I think we'd smother them, but on the other hand I watched those games vs Nova and they were burying shots from like well beyond NBA range. Our worst nightmare in the NCAAs is something like that (a complete outlier performance from a capable team that does us in on the wrong day).

Originally Posted by Wildcat Dad View Post

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

In our two losses this year we have shot 32.3% at Cal and 35.9% at ASU and we only lost by a last second shot and in double overtime respectively. Our season average is 47%. We shot over 60% on Saturday versus Colorado. The law of averages says were not going to do that everytime, but the point is even when we shoot well below our season average, we can still win games with our defense. I'd rather be in that position then having to depend on a 60% shooting night all the time. I know that we have not had that luxury in seasons past