Need help creating a March Madness game...

Hybrid View

Pick Em Rank

Default Need help creating a March Madness game...

I am headed to Vegas for the first weekend of games, and I want to create a bracket-style game for everyone in my group who is going. Since it will only be 4 days (2 rounds), I need something that will award a winner just for those four days, instead of the entire tourney. Any ideas?

I was considering just making it straight points. If you pick a team seeded better than the other team to win, and they win, it's worth 1 (IE. A 5 seed beats a 12, is worth 1 point) - but, if the worse seeded team wins (12 beats 5) then it is worth the difference (7)

I thought I would hit PGU up for any ideas, because I know we are the biggest hoop fans in the world. Any ideas would be awesome. Thanks PGU!

Sao Paulo Sour Diesel Papadeuce's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I have some friends that I travel with to the tourney that started to do a round by round bracket with payouts. Pick the first round winners and the guy with the most points (correct picks) wins. in case of ties, the pot is split up. When the second round games have been set, a new bracket for that round is created and we pick winners. Just keeps starting over each round but it's great because there are payouts every round. Just a thought
    “São Paulo is not for amateurs.”

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Papadeuce View Post
    I have some friends that I travel with to the tourney that started to do a round by round bracket with payouts. Pick the first round winners and the guy with the most points (correct picks) wins. in case of ties, the pot is split up. When the second round games have been set, a new bracket for that round is created and we pick winners. Just keeps starting over each round but it's great because there are payouts every round. Just a thought
    This is close to what I envision, although I'd like to only have to create a bracket once for ease.

Seattle Silver Foxes Applequest's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Everybody picks 1 team for each seed 1-16 and you get a point for each game the teams you picked wins.

and/or

Everybody picks 1 team for each seed 1-16 and you get a point for each game the teams you picked wins, BUT you want the least points.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Applequest View Post
    Everybody picks 1 team for each seed 1-16 and you get a point for each game the teams you picked wins.

and/or

Everybody picks 1 team for each seed 1-16 and you get a point for each game the teams you picked wins, BUT you want the least points.
    I like this. Thx