Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Michigan

Yay Area Killa Beez NYWildcat03's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default Michigan

They are on ESPN2 right now against Iowa St.

Should be a good eye test to watch.

Pick Em Rank

their defense looks lax, and offense looks rushed. lets see if they correct anything at the half.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Iowa St has an amazing crowd this game.

40 minutes of fun for us, 40 minutes of pain for you. ARIZONA WILDCATS BASKETBALL.
    "On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time." - Ron Swanson

Pick Em Rank

Iowa ST should be a good test...they are always tuff and gritty.
    #4Bashley

Yay Area Killa Beez NYWildcat03's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

great game haha

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Just goes to show how difficult those true road games are...

BEAR DOWN

Scandinavia Dirty Pirates Wildcat Dad's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Normally I'd be loving this but I really wanted us to be the first to beat them

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I was really unimpressed. Granted McGary was hurt but they really do not get him very many looks. Their offense turned into give Staukus the ball and let him jack one up. They shot way too many 3's, and most were bad looks. Iowa St. was murdering them in the paint too. If they play anything like they did today we would run them out of their own gym.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

What stuck out was there was over twice as many trips to the stripe for ISU. I feel like I saw a game earlier this week called the same way....
    "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
    John Wayne

Pick Em Rank

All these teams are ruining our SOS

Pick Em Rank

they play duke also
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Pick Em Rank

I have the opposite of no dog in this fight. I have two dogs in this fight come December 14th. I'll probably talk **** to both sides before the game and after. It's what I call a win win, fellas. With that said, I don't care who wins, I'd just like to see a highly competitive well played game. It is funny, being someone who watches both teams a lot to hear the ignorance on both sides when talking about the other team.

This gem for example, "Iowa St. was murdering them in the paint too. If they play anything like they did today we would run them out of their own gym."

Michigan out rebounded ISU 38-37 including 12-7 on the offensive glass. Both teams scored 38 points in the paint. What am I missing here?

Pick Em Rank

I understand how someone can have two teams, i just don't understand how someone doesn't care which one of those teams win...

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Mich View Post
    I have the opposite of no dog in this fight. I have two dogs in this fight come December 14th. I'll probably talk **** to both sides before the game and after. It's what I call a win win, fellas. With that said, I don't care who wins, I'd just like to see a highly competitive well played game. It is funny, being someone who watches both teams a lot to hear the ignorance on both sides when talking about the other team.

This gem for example, "Iowa St. was murdering them in the paint too. If they play anything like they did today we would run them out of their own gym."

Michigan out rebounded ISU 38-37 including 12-7 on the offensive glass. Both teams scored 38 points in the paint. What am I missing here?
    The issue wasnt the rebounding, Michigan was much more agressive. But Ejim and Niang absolutely owned Michigan offensively in the paint. Michigan had no answer for those two, especially Niang when he came back in at the end. That was exactly when Iowa St went on a run and pulled away, and he had something like 6 straight points in the paint for Iowa St.

If youre gonna question my analysis, then quote me and call me out on it. Dont try to slide some snarky remark in.

Pick Em Rank

The issue wasnt the rebounding, Michigan was much more agressive. But Ejim and Niang absolutely owned Michigan offensively in the paint. Michigan had no answer for those two, especially Niang when he came back in at the end. That was exactly when Iowa St went on a run and pulled away, and he had something like 6 straight points in the paint for Iowa St.

If youre gonna question my analysis, then quote me and call me out on it. Dont try to slide some snarky remark in.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by catsbackontop View Post
    I understand how someone can have two teams, i just don't understand how someone doesn't care which one of those teams win...
    It'd be like picking between children for me. I spent good money to see Michigan in the final four last year and I'd do the same for Arizona.

Originally Posted by Pay the Choll Toll View Post

Slow down lil guy. I'll do as I please.

Pick Em Rank

It'd be like picking between children for me. I spent good money to see Michigan in the final four last year and I'd do the same for Arizona.

Slow down lil guy. I'll do as I please.
    When you put it that way, I still don't see what you mean. You always pick the youngest one. Come on now, I thought this was the secret society of parents talking about our favorites? Pftt... what have i been doing the past 3 years on this site?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

My buddy is a huge Michigan fan and a Michigan grad... we live bout 3 hours from Ames and went to this game! The crowd was a surprise to me(nothing like mckale, and I was at mckale for the first 2 games) but it was still a good road game for Michigan. I think it will be a battle in Ann Arbor dec 14th but still think our CATS are to much for them! It will be interesting how the 2 teams match up together!

Pick Em Rank

I know McGary has been fighting injury but FSU has taken Michigan to OT at a neutral site, Puerto Rico. Stauskas is about all they got. Cats have the athletic defenders to neutralize him, maybe Michigan is in a funk but as of right now this game doesn't look close to me. Unless homecourt advantage is huge for them

Pick Em Rank

This team has just been really unimpressive . They remind me of us a couple years ago. The offense is just rotating the ball around the perimeter until they jack up a 3. FSU's size really bothered McGary and they still havent really gotten him involved. I dont think this is a top 25 team by end of the season.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Wildcat Dad View Post
    I know McGary has been fighting injury but FSU has taken Michigan to OT at a neutral site, Puerto Rico. Stauskas is about all they got. Cats have the athletic defenders to neutralize him, maybe Michigan is in a funk but as of right now this game doesn't look close to me. Unless homecourt advantage is huge for them
    Sure, if you don't count preseason all american Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III projected to go in the lottery.

Originally Posted by Pay the Choll Toll View Post
    This team has just been really unimpressive . They remind me of us a couple years ago. The offense is just rotating the ball around the perimeter until they jack up a 3. FSU's size really bothered McGary and they still havent really gotten him involved. I dont think this is a top 25 team by end of the season.
    I'll take that bet. You name the terms. What's with you and Michigan? McGary **** your girlfriend or something? Yes, FSU's size bothered him, they had a couple 7 footers in there. He still managed a double double, and what do you mean by not involved, he had 15 shots from the center position.

Pick Em Rank

Hmmmmmm

a preseason All American......... Maybe if he gets healthy and Michigan does well.

And Robinson a projected lottery pick. Well based on limited games this year I guess we are going to lose Brash to the lottery. More PPG in like 8 less minutes per game and more RPG too.

Sorry to keep piling it on Michigan but I am no fan of Michigan or OSU, bet we agree on OSU

Pick Em Rank

Sure, if you don't count preseason all american Mitch McGary and Glenn Robinson III projected to go in the lottery.

I'll take that bet. You name the terms. What's with you and Michigan? McGary **** your girlfriend or something? Yes, FSU's size bothered him, they had a couple 7 footers in there. He still managed a double double, and what do you mean by not involved, he had 15 shots from the center position.
    And whats your issue with me? I got an opinion on Michigan, and Im really just not impressed. You dont have to agree with me, and I know you dont because youre a homer. FSU was dominating that game until the jumpers started falling for Michigan. this team doesnt create easy shots for themselves, they jack up a ton of 3's and jumpers. Stauskas has been pretty good so far, but thats about it. McGary is supposed to be a top 10 player in college ball and he has yet to play like it this year. And when I say hes not involved its because the offense is ran through Stauskas, and not McGary. Unless their game really starts to evolve this team will fall out of the top 25 when they get into Big-10 play.

Old Pueblo Peyote Poppers ZonaZoo2014's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

LOL!! Homer much? McGary was a preseason AA based on 3 or 4 great tournament games. He is still VERY unproven despite most Michigan fans thinking he is the second coming of Christ. Glenn Robinson is ... good. And that is about it. I know a lot of people seem to think he is lottery talent but I'm just not sure why. Stauskas has been incredible, I will give you that.
    Michigan has looked completely uninspired throughout this season. Good teams win tough road games: they lost to Iowa State. Good teams don't struggle with LBSU; I know we didn't. The scoreboard says it was a convincing win but if you watched it they struggled much more than they should have in the middle of the game. Good teams don't jack up 3s for lack of the ability to create a better shot: Michigan sure does at this point. I'm sorry but if Michigan plays like they have in Puerto Rico they stand little chance against an experienced and highly talented Arizona team.

Pick Em Rank

Again another lackluster showing from Michigan. Charlotte controlled the game from start to finish. Stauskas had a great first half, but was less than that in the 2nd (I know he hurt his ankle). McGary had a pathetic performance. Glen Robinson III has been a ghost this season. I like Lavert's game, but he relies too much on jumpers. When he gets to the rim he is a problem. I dont see how you can consider them one of the best teams in the country right now. If we extend our defense beyond the 3pt line, we have a pretty good chance of winning that game.

Old Pueblo Peyote Poppers ZonaZoo2014's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Choll toll beat me to it but WOW! What a horrible performance by Michigan. Charlotte had a run of 10:30 with ONE field goal and Michigan NEVER took a lead during that stretch. They had a lead approximately twice in the whole game and both were for short durations. Michigan is just very plainly not good right now.

Pick Em Rank

Robinson and McGary combined 10 points, only two FG and 11 rebounds. Are they hurt? If not, Michigan is fading fast. As predicted, Stauskas like 1/3 of their offense, team 5/23 from 3 pt and like low 30% shooting overall, stayed close only because of free throws.

Duke wins by one, L'ville and Mich lose. Cats and Pac 12 moving up without playing a game.

Pick Em Rank

Michigan playing in the Big 10 is going to help their RPI and SOS which would in turn help our SOS as the season goes on.
    Ohio State/Michigan State/Minnesota are all going to be top teams come conference play.
    They will get their resume wins and if we win it will make our resume even better.

Bottom line is win out and we won't need to worry about quality wins.
    Marcus Garvey,MLK,Malcolm X,Joe Louis,Rosa Parks,etc..
    All these men & woman and several more African-Americans helped paved the way to allow me to chase my dream and to pursue greatness,to sit in the same classroom as those whose ancestors thought they were more superior than mine..

Pick Em Rank

OK, Robinson only played 9 minutes with a back injury, but McGary certainly didn't pick up the slack. Michigan doesn't seem to have the depth or versatility of the Cats

Pick Em Rank

Bump for the champs of the best conference in America

Pick Em Rank

Bump for the champs of the best conference in America
    That we beat. RPI goes up...
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast