Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

The Cal problem

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

California The Cal problem

Man obviously a great win last night up in the mountains and humiliating the living crap out of them.

Next game is at home to the Cal Golden Bears. On paper the last few years it seems like we should win fairly comfortably against them, but have been very close battles. 2010-11 Williams put the team on his back in one game, then we survived the 3OT game thanks to Momo and Parrom. 2012 was Chol's best game and we had a mini upset over them up in Berkeley. Last year, we let Crabbe own us in the 2nd half, and lose despite being 13 point favorites. And of course this year losing that tough one with a second left, but losing Ashley probably threw us off, though Cal played well. Honestly, I just want to blow the living crap out of these guys for once. Like Colorado today, who has played us tough in the past, we finally smoked them for once(yeah the first game was one sided, but the score was closer then it needed to be). Why does Cal traditionally play us tough, and what do we need to do to make it easier on ourselves(besides simply repeating what we did today).

Pick Em Rank

First of all, the fact that you want to blow the living crap out of these guys is not a pretty visual. That being said, consider the following:
    1. They are talented. Cobbs, Solomon, Kravish, Matthews and Bird would be in most every P12 team's rotation
    2. Monty is arguably the best P12 coach around

Originally Posted by ninersdd View Post
    Man obviously a great win last night up in the mountains and humiliating the living crap out of them.

Next game is at home to the Cal Golden Bears. On paper the last few years it seems like we should win fairly comfortably against them, but have been very close battles. 2010-11 Williams put the team on his back in one game, then we survived the 3OT game thanks to Momo and Parrom. 2012 was Chol's best game and we had a mini upset over them up in Berkeley. Last year, we let Crabbe own us in the 2nd half, and lose despite being 13 point favorites. And of course this year losing that tough one with a second left, but losing Ashley probably threw us off, though Cal played well. Honestly, I just want to blow the living crap out of these guys for once. Like Colorado today, who has played us tough in the past, we finally smoked them for once(yeah the first game was one sided, but the score was closer then it needed to be). Why does Cal traditionally play us tough, and what do we need to do to make it easier on ourselves(besides simply repeating what we did today).

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Mike Montgomery is an awesome coach. Gotta take care of home and I strongly feel we will. I too want blow outs. It would be so sweet. Not only for the haters but for our confidence that we are still great. (not just good)

Sent from my HTC VLE_U using Tapatalk

Pick Em Rank

if every single person 1 thru 8 takes cal seriously, we should be able to get a W.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I would like to say its the bench getting time to rest our starters, and refs calling a better game, and offensive pressure. The bottom line is our guys smiled last night, a lot. Whatever the combination of events was, we played like the team we really are. Cali isn't in our league this year, with or without Brandon. The road to success is the same. Cats by 12.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

A chance to clinch the Pac-12 conference title at home this coming week.

That should be enough incentive to take care of business.

Pick Em Rank

This team has something special for Cal. If you think this W wont be for Ashley, you're new to sports.

A loss the last time out is motivation enough, couple that with everything else and Cal is in a bad spot.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Arizona

Coach Montgomery is the reason why those guys have played us tough the past few years. He always has something up his sleeve when it comes to playing the Cats, regardless of the talent level of his team. And the past couple of years he has had some really good players too - Alan Crabbe POY last year, Jorge Gutierrez in 2012, and Jerome Randle in 2010.

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by laxcat View Post
    Coach Montgomery is the reason why those guys have played us tough the past few years. He always has something up his sleeve when it comes to playing the Cats, regardless of the talent level of his team. And the past couple of years he has had some really good players too - Alan Crabbe POY last year, Jorge Gutierrez in 2012, and Jerome Randle in 2010.
    How many conference titles at Cal with ayers he recruited? How many FF overall? how many trips past the first weekend? How many players in the NBA? Record vs Miller?

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by muimerp View Post
    How many conference titles at Cal with ayers he recruited? How many FF overall? how many trips past the first weekend? How many players in the NBA? Record vs Miller?
    Most people will look to his record at Furd for this.

So he has one final four, one elite 8 and a bunch of way too early exits.

Pick Em Rank

Coach Miller

The Cal Problem may have been resolved at CU on Saturday night. Confidence is back, and the Cats have found their BrAsh-less sea legs.
    "Happiness begins where selfishness ends." - Bill Walton

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Remember how Zues pretty much scored at will at Cal? Every posession he needs to touch the ball if possible.
    I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Aside from Brandon going down in that game, Nick and a couple of other Wildcat regular scorers were doing lousy. So without Brash, Nick and some more normal points, the Wildcats lost at the last second by two points. Looking at the Utah game, even though it was a close victory you could see that Nick's game was coming back as well as the offense in general. Then at Colorado you could see the offense was back on it's feet and Nick was shooting very well, as was just about everyone except maybe Rondae...who had a bad game. Add to that it was Cobb who pretty much gave Cal most of it's offense.

Taking all this into consideration and adding to that the Wildcats want to give a little to Brash as a memory of when/where he went down, I'd venture to say that 1.) Cobb is going to get a little "special" attention. 2.) The Wildcat offense is going to give Cal a LOT more than they got last time and, 3.) The Wildcat defense is going to show the rest of the Cal offense what being smothered feels like.

I'll go out on a limb for this game and say that the Cal players will remember tomorrow night with shivers for a LONG time.

The Wildcats are getting ready for the tournaments and from here on out is called "Making a Statement".

Bear Down Wildcats!

Pick Em Rank

Arizona is 13 point favorites over Cal.

Scandinavia Dirty Pirates Wildcat Dad's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Surprised when I saw that on the local news tonight. At least Vegas recognizes the loss was a fluke, let's BTFD. Payback time.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    What do you think about that? Seems like a lot of points.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Esq View Post
    What do you think about that? Seems like a lot of points.
    I certainly think we will win, 13 is a lot. Surprised to see it as a betting line. I would think more like 7-8

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Weren't we favored by that against them last year and in 2011 at home? Looked what happened(Barely winning in 2011, and embarassing ourselves in the 2nd half last year) This game means a lot to me because I'm a Northern California guy, and I was there in Berkeley with my best friend(who is a Golden Bear), and I would just love to get them back with a vengeance.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Wildcat Dad View Post
    I certainly think we will win, 13 is a lot. Surprised to see it as a betting line. I would think more like 7-8
    Kenpom is pretty close to that number, I think the revenge factor mixed with Arizona's coming out party and potential to clinch at home this weekend are all contributing factors to the line. Situational handicapping is probably playing a big role here.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Esq View Post
    Kenpom is pretty close to that number, I think the revenge factor mixed with Arizona's coming out party and potential to clinch at home this weekend are all contributing factors to the line. Situational handicapping is probably playing a big role here.
    Yes, yes, and yes. Still a lot of points

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

For all intents and purposes, I hope we crush cal like a recycling machine. **** justin cobs, Jabari bird and who fives a **** solomen.

they beat us at haas, holding us to 32% shooting for no reason. I pray we beat the living shot out of them. ****ing hate cal and Montgomery.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

When I think of Cal visiting Arizona, I get nightmares of what Allen Crabbe did to them last season.

Pick Em Rank

We need to stop giving Cobbs those stupid fouls on hedges.
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Wcatsbball4lyfe View Post
    Damn I couldn't have said it any better. Tired of watching us half ass foul him only to watch him get the bucket and a FT or two.
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Statfreak101 View Post
    When I think of Cal visiting Arizona, I get nightmares of what Allen Crabbe did to them last season.
    Last year our D just wasn't that great. I was not all that surprised by what Crabbe did. Tonight we are going to shut Cobbs down, and win by 15+. I say go for the 21+ pick 'em point!!!

Pick Em Rank

Yeah, 13 pts is a lot of pts and definitely think that the game will be closer than this. I think that we win somewhere within the 8-10 pt range. Pitts has stepped up and impressed me and even Mayes def has gotten better. Will be a great win on the way to clinching a PAC 12 title

Wildcat Fan dr.kennethnoisewater's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Wcatsbball4lyfe View Post
    They're definitely frustrating fouls to watch, but that's the way Miller likes to defend screens. Hard hedges even with Kaleb. I'll trade 1-2 of those fouls for 40 minutes of the best defense in the country any day.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Demons: Excorised!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

STATEMENT MADE!!!

Let the shivering and shaking begin!!!

Great game Wildcats!

Pick Em Rank

i think this team has their confidence back

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast