See

Pick Em Rank

Default See

How easily one game can change your attitude about a team in CBB? I've said it before and I'll say it again... this team still has as good of a shot as anyone to go all the way. Not just because of this game, either.

Some folks panicked way too early. Losing two games to tourney-bound teams on the road by a combined total of 5 is not something to fret about in conference play. Losing Ashley sucks. A lot. But we are not done yet.

EVERY team in the nation has proven to be very beatable this year, even against mediocre teams. Defense wins championships and right now ours is still one of the best, if not THE best in the nation. There's not one team that I fear in the entire country. We can hang with anybody. And when our offense is on like it was tonight I feel bad for whoever has to play us. BEAR DOWN!
    AIR GORDON

Pick Em Rank

Well said!
    BTFD

Pick Em Rank

How many people will downplay this win over an injured and fairly bad Colorado team to keep up with the narrative that we're doomed without Ashley?

RawDoggy Style IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Well said indeed. The 'ship is up for grabs this year, there are plenty of good teams, but no teams that are truly elite on offense and defense. Arizona is definitely elite on defense and as the players adjust to their offensive roles without brash the offense is likely to swing back up like it did tonight. Our resume is still is as good as anyone's. Defense wins championships and nobody will want to go against ours in the tourney.

surrounded by an army of 2. Which i created...
    Pick Em Rank

Default Re: See

Originally Posted by Esq View Post
    How many people will downplay this win over an injured and fairly bad Colorado team to keep up with the narrative that we're doomed without Ashley?
    Unfortunately, this. Cue medcalf's lead in sentence in 3, 2...

Sent from my SCH-I110 using Tapatalk 2

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Esq View Post

My guesses would be: Digger Phelps, dookie v,**** all ESPN, Seth Davis, X Johnson, the AP voters, fox sports, cbs sports, disney media co, and basically the entire SU fan base.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by AZCATS1997 View Post
    My guesses would be: Digger Phelps, dookie v,**** all ESPN, Seth Davis, X Johnson, the AP voters, fox sports, cbs sports, disney media co, and basically the entire SU fan base.
    Exception would be Andy Katz. He has a thing for west coast teams

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Yes, of course, we have a shot. I really don't see any dominant teams out there.

With that said, I really don't see this team consistently shooting as well as they did against CU. Combine that with foul trouble/depth issues and piss-poor free throw shooting, and it just seems unlikely they can win it all. The free throw problem is the biggest issue. Even on days where the shots aren't falling, this team is good enough defensively to win every game if they could just make their free throws.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by gyagade3 View Post
    Exception would be Andy Katz. He has a thing for west coast teams
    And Joe Lunardi at the moment. Nice video today on how he has AZ as the overall #1 seed. First in BPI, first or second in RPI, most wins against top 25. Check it out, good stuff there.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Fumbler View Post
    Yes, of course, we have a shot. I really don't see any dominant teams out there.

With that said, I really don't see this team consistently shooting as well as they did against CU. Combine that with foul trouble/depth issues and piss-poor free throw shooting, and it just seems unlikely they can win it all. The free throw problem is the biggest issue. Even on days where the shots aren't falling, this team is good enough defensively to win every game if they could just make their free throws.
    I imagine the Cats are somewhere in between this CU game and the ASU game, which is pretty damn good. We've played like ****, and injured and... and have yet to lose by more than a possession, and only on the road. We have great wins, good wins, and not terrible losses (for fear of calling them good losses). There isn't a team out there who can say that, IMO. Our worst loss is to Cal the game we lost Ashley, and they're still in the top 50 on Kenpom.

We were dominant before with probably not much for an equal. Now we're just at the top with a few other teams. Still better than most years by a long ways.