Poll: Should Arizona rush the court?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Should Arizona Rush The Court?

Pick Em Rank

Default Should Arizona Rush The Court?

Last night UNC rushed the court after beating Duke. Many have said UNC should never rush the court because they're, well, UNC.

Does Arizona have this status. Should Arizona ever, under any circumstances, rush the court after a win?

If so, under what circumstances?
    Tranny: "SimonSaysSweetNothingsInSDRBlowUpDollsAreMyFavori te'sEars"

Stairmaster: "Kane is [living with] dawgwarrior's sister"

Pick Em Rank

We lead the league in court rushings when defeated with 4 this season.
    In order to find his equal, an Irishman is forced to talk to God.

"We played in Maui and beat Kansas, lost to Michigan State in overtime and lost to Connecticut. That's not quite like losing to Sisters of the Poor. If you want to be ranked, you really need to play those kinds of teams. But if you want to be recognized in the RPI, you need to play the good teams. So that's been a little bit of our story." — Lute Olson

Sao Paulo Sour Diesel Papadeuce's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

This is a giant NO for me. I just don't see a situation or a team we're playing that would ever call for us to rush the court, ever.
    “São Paulo is not for amateurs.”

Pick Em Rank

For a natty

Pick Em Rank

If we ever rush the court at McKale every single person on the court should be banned from McKale for life. In fact, if we ever storm the court we should all find a new team and spend our time else where. What an absolute joke it was to watch unc rush the court last night!

Pick Em Rank

Yes, but only if 244 years from now Arizona becomes a bottom-feeding basketball program and beats a highly-ranked team. Otherwise never, because rushing the court is potentially dangerous, always unnecessary, and quality wins aren't rare for Arizona.
    "Riding quasars all the way to the top of the mountain" - Bill Walton
    "#Shouldershimmythempeoples" - Kevin Durant

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

If the win is completly unexpected and hard fought, then I don't think it matters who the school is that rushes the court. Everyone should be "allowed" to.

So if we are a top 4 at the time, then NO, since it should be expected that we are in the game. If we have 8 losses and beat a top school at home then ABSOLUTELY!

Doesn't matter who you are, its the circumstances that should dictate when it is in good taste.

Besides, one of my fondest memories at a sporting event was rushing the court against UCLA. I don't care who thought we shouldn't rush the court. Would never want to give up that memory.

Those who think we are too good an any circumstances to ever rush the court, need to stop and smell the roses now and then and enjoy what we have.
    Last edited by DoubleDown; 02-21-2014 at 09:12 AM.

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

My opinion is that UNC was an elite program program before the court storming and they still are an elite program after the court storming.

19 year old kids having fun doesn't bother me like it does other people I guess.

My only caveat is they should wait until the game is officially over.

Pick Em Rank

this

Pick Em Rank

this

Honestly, there’s no more absurd topic in sports than the unwritten rules of rushing the court. Hello, it’s college. Who. Cares.
    — Awful Announcing (@awfulannouncing) February 21, 2014

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

No, because we need something to do at football games.

Pick Em Rank

No. It's called having some self respect.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by BaycatJ View Post
    For a natty
    This.
    If God isn't a Wildcat fan, then why do I bleed Red and Blue?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Who cares, and yes...why not?! Elite program or not, that was a huge game for UNC who happens to be on a hot streak and just took down their biggest rival (possibly the biggest rivalry game in all of sports) who have a top 5 ranking. It was great to see I thought, the only ****ty thing about last night was Dicky V chastising them on national TV...not one thing wrong with it

Pick Em Rank

I would only support Arizona fans rushing an opposing teams court. Never in McKale

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

We should rush the court after every win as a giant **** you to the fans of every other team

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Pick Em Rank

I've always been an advocate of court-rushing in MOST scenarios - for the same reasons mentioned, college kids having fun so who really cares? But when your program has a longstanding tradition and history of success I think the scenarios where rushing the court is acceptable are almost nonexistent.

If you are unranked and not making the tourney that year, and you beat the number one team on a buzzer beater - sure, that's going to be the high point of your season

When you are on an 8 game winning streak and on the verge of being ranked and beat the #5 team fairly handily (no end of game drama) - then no, act like you've been there before, even if it's your rival. You should expect to win

RawDoggy Style IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I'm very proud that I've never rushed the court as a member of the zona zoo. Rushing the court is a sign that your basketball program isn't that good. If you're an elite program as Arizona is then you should never rush the court. Rushing the court is supposed to be for huge upsets. I was shocked North Carolina, a blue blood, rushed the court last night and I'm glad we don't do it.

We should expect to win every home game so there should never be an upset at home in our minds. Bear Down!

Pick Em Rank

I think we should rush the court with 8 minutes left durring a time out, to give the commish a big eff you!!! I think it's cool if you act like you've been there, and you expect to beat everyone! Would be cool if we rushed the court in Pauley, because we have more fans than Bruin fans. But like someone else said, it's a bunch of kids having fun and that doesn't bother me.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Im all about rushing the court and field, but I would be so embarrassed if we ever did it for basketball. I laughed at UNC last night like really? I know its your rival, but they already had 5 losses, its not like theyre '91 UNLV or anything. Plus, youre UNC.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by AztecWildcat View Post
    My opinion is that UNC was an elite program program before the court storming and they still are an elite program after the court storming.

19 year old kids having fun doesn't bother me like it does other people I guess.

My only caveat is they should wait until the game is officially over.
    THIS

Wildcat Fan Shallow be thy game's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

"Come on, that was no foul! It may be a violation of all the basic rules of human decency, but it’s not a foul.”
    -Bill Walton

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by DoubleDown View Post

Besides, one of my fondest memories at a sporting event was rushing the court against UCLA. I don't care who thought we shouldn't rush the court. Would never want to give up that memory.
    I was at a game when the students kind of rushed the Court, I kind of stayed off to the side, but it was against UCLA in either 2002 or 2003 when we came back from 20 down in the second half with like 10 min to go. The reason everyone rushed was because it was unexpected. I mean, people were leaving the game because we were getting killed. The whole thing was weird, but great game to be at.

Pick Em Rank

Right now I don't think there should be any reason for us to rush the court other than a title.
    We've climbed back up the ladder to atop the elites in college basketball.
    People rush the court when they beat us.
    There is not a team that we should beat that would cause us to storm the court.

Simply put NO.
    Marcus Garvey,MLK,Malcolm X,Joe Louis,Rosa Parks,etc..
    All these men & woman and several more African-Americans helped paved the way to allow me to chase my dream and to pursue greatness,to sit in the same classroom as those whose ancestors thought they were more superior than mine..

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I also remember rushing the field in Football when we beat Washington State in double or triple overtime. It was a great game. I think it was 2000 or 2001. Of course we were horrible, and WSU was decent then. Also, we didn't have another pac ten victory for like two years after that. Rushing the field/court is always a weird experience.

Pick Em Rank

I can only recall Arizona fans rushing the court twice. The one I was a part of was Jason Terry's last second buzzer beater over higher ranked Stanford. It was more about the excitement and intensity of the moment than it was about celebrating a historic win.
    "It's all basketball oriented," Aaron Gordon on why he chose Arizona.

Pick Em Rank

In 2002, I was in San Jose for the Arizona Women's Basketball tourney.

My friend snuck me into the Stanford student section & we rushed the court after beating Cal.

I tore off my "6th man" shirt and displayed my Arizona T to the Fox Sports camera.

As far as Arizona goes...I plan on rushing the court when we win the National Championship. Doubt I'll rush center court in McKale in my lifetime...

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by KansasCityCats View Post
    In 2002, I was in San Jose for the Arizona Women's Basketball tourney.

My friend snuck me into the Stanford student section & we rushed the court after beating Cal.

I tore off my "6th man" shirt and displayed my Arizona T to the Fox Sports camera.

As far as Arizona goes...I plan on rushing the court when we win the National Championship. Doubt I'll rush center court in McKale in my lifetime...
    for all those that said this, I ask: what court are you talking about, exactly?

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Hesscat View Post
    I also remember rushing the field in Football when we beat Washington State in double or triple overtime. It was a great game. I think it was 2000 or 2001. Of course we were horrible, and WSU was decent then. Also, we didn't have another pac ten victory for like two years after that. Rushing the field/court is always a weird experience.
    It was triple OT. I was at that game, but I didn't rush the field.
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Shallow be thy game View Post
    Sooooo is this a yes?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I don't see the Final Four ever being played in Mckale so no.

But with that said, having been at the Florida/Zona game last season and experienced that environment, if people rushed the court I wouldn't have been upset. If there was a student section for that game it wouldn't have surprised me to see it happen.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast