Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

At what poing does the pac-12 do something about the refs

Hybrid View

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default At what poing does the pac-12 do something about the refs

Cant even watch a game anymore.absolutely ridiculous!!!!

Pick Em Rank

If they get a contract with another major satellite TV provider - maybe they can earn enough money to make their network not a total pile of steaming dog ****.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

It was as bad as it gets. Again

Huntington Beach Honey Badgers Arizona's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

The crew tonight was amateur to say the least. I would be curious to see a review of the call %.
    _A R I Z O N A_

Nastiness is Required! BTFD

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I hate to harp on the refs. No excuses on my end for our 2 losses but i cant even enjoy the games anymore. If im not doing my job im getting paid to do there is action. Handle these poor referees that time and time again prove incompetent.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I wonder if the refs aren't trying to get some payback for being exposed last season. Some of those calls were pretty bad, not unlike the ones in the ASU game.

Pick Em Rank

This is what the coaches wanted. These are the refs the coaches wanted. They pushed for this boss. This is a new boss. New refs. What the coaches wanted.
    Tranny: "SimonSaysSweetNothingsInSDRBlowUpDollsAreMyFavori te'sEars"

Stairmaster: "Kane is [living with] dawgwarrior's sister"

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I think I saw the most obvious none call on a double dribble ever. 11:07 left 1st half, Bachynski in the back court with no one to pass to - dribbles once to both hands, hestitates, and dribbles again (the crowd GASPS because everyone saw it) before he sheepishly passes the ball. No call - with the ref looking STRAIGHT at him.

Just wanted to point that out - get it off my chest. Bachynski's initial travel, THEN hop late basket was annoying also.

I'll ignore all the other weird/bad calls. We won.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Horrible officiating again. I am glad our players stayed in the game. It is really frustrating after some point

Pick Em Rank

The refs were bad, Arizona was bad, Utah was bad. Seems fitting that everything concerning this game was bad.
    "Riding quasars all the way to the top of the mountain" - Bill Walton
    "#Shouldershimmythempeoples" - Kevin Durant

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The refs were bad, Arizona was bad, Utah was bad. Seems fitting that everything concerning this game was bad.
    College basketball is just bad general right now. I have watched alot of games and I am not impressed with anyone but Creighton. It seems like nobody can shoot the ball anymore. Watching Syracuse is more painful than watching the Arizona offense.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    College basketball is just bad general right now. I have watched alot of games and I am not impressed with anyone but Creighton. It seems like nobody can shoot the ball anymore. Watching Syracuse is more painful than watching the Arizona offense.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

It will all be for the better in the end result come tourny time. Proud of our Cats!!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the fbi investigates one day. These guys are beyond bad.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Tough environment for the kids. Bad calls- yet they gave it their all. Glad to see more players in the rotation. Give our kids credit for winning in a very negative situation. I am surprised that the Utah coach didn't influence the final outcome as I feel that he was a bully and trying to intimidate the refs. One down in enemy territory On to Boulder Bear Down Cats! We are with you!

Pick Em Rank

Coach Miller

Originally Posted by catdefender View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me one bit if the fbi investigates one day. These guys are beyond bad.
    I agree. If the FBI could investigate the Kingsmen for singing and recording the song "Louie Louie," then certainly they should feel free to investigate the travesty we loosely refer to as "PAC-12 officiating."
    "Happiness begins where selfishness ends." - Bill Walton

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I think when Sean miller wanted a change last year, he wanted the refs to not have extra motivation when making calls, like the money or trip for the technical call.
    However, I don't see why that has to translate to poor calls every game, usually at our expense.
    What's wrong with expecting fair play at this level? Poor calls are one thing but inconsistent poor calls resulting in an unfair advantage to our team because Miller called them out is garbage.

Pick Em Rank

They completely changed the way they called the game about halfway through the second half, which is inexcusable. Ticky tack block fouls on AG and Rondae yet when rondae gets hammered from behind (PAUSE) going for the rebound in overtime, there's no call.

Also, Arizona didn't reach the double bonus until our last free throw attempts in ot. All in all another travesty of officiating, just another day in the office for the Pac12 refs

Pick Em Rank

does anybody remember if Utah won the opening tip?

I can't remember but I was thinking Utah won the opening tip and then there was no change of possession during the 1st half and then Utah started the 2nd half with the ball? Could be way off.

Also Mayes 3 before half time was Colorado at McKale all over again it seemed like.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Yes, they won the tip...

Pick Em Rank

so were they supposed to start the 2nd half with the ball? was there a change of possession in the first half?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by KippAZCat View Post
    so were they supposed to start the 2nd half with the ball? was there a change of possession in the first half?
    Yes, a jump ball with a couple guys on the court, and RHJ trying to help the refs make the call.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Yes, a jump ball with a couple guys on the court, and RHJ trying to help the refs make the call.
    ah...thanks

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

They make these games REALLY hard to watch. It's not fun when there's a stoppage on every play or two. I'd rather watch us lose a real game than win one that's stopped every 30 seconds.

If I were AG I'd go pro. The kid practices and plays with heart just for plays like those to be called fouls. Go get paid instead my dude! As much as I hate to say it.

If I were Sean Miller I'd leave the conference. He could be coaching just about anywhere else and he wouldn't need to worry about this. I won't even mention last year, but DID YOU GUYS SEE WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR ?!?!? That mess was CRAZY

They either need to change the rules or get some new refs.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by theWestern1 View Post
    They make these games REALLY hard to watch. It's not fun when there's a stoppage on every play or two. I'd rather watch us lose a real game than win one that's stopped every 30 seconds.

If I were AG I'd go pro. The kid practices and plays with heart just for plays like those to be called fouls. Go get paid instead my dude! As much as I hate to say it.

If I were Sean Miller I'd leave the conference. He could be coaching just about anywhere else and he wouldn't need to worry about this. I won't even mention last year, but DID YOU GUYS SEE WHAT HAPPENED LAST YEAR ?!?!? That mess was CRAZY

They either need to change the rules or get some new refs.
    Newsflash, pal...officiating in college basketball is poor all over the country; regardless of conference.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Statfreak101 View Post
    Newsflash, pal...officiating in college basketball is poor all over the country; regardless of conference.
    So you're saying this thread shouldn't exist. I'm not the one who created it

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by theWestern1 View Post
    So you're saying this thread shouldn't exist. I'm not the one who created it
    Statfreak101 can correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his response was to your post saying something about Coach Miller leaving the Pac because of this.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

A lot of people say that it should never come down to refs deciding the outcome of a game, as if our play can overcome all the bad calls. What is inferred is that those bad calls only come at the end of the game, which can't be further from the truth. In fact, those calls occur throughout the game, affecting the game and how it is played by the team and players on the wrong end of said calls. We only notice the importance of bad calls at the end of the game due to the increased pressure and tension, though it is naive to assume that those are the only ones to have an impact on the final score.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

This thread is about the PAC12 refs dude. I didn't create it I'm adding to it.

Go to another thread if you want to talk about other conferences. And try to find a clue on your way there.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Every year the same thing.. I swear, this year they really seem to be focusing the majority of their bad calls on our cats. If I were a into conspiracy theories, there is an obvious one with Scott and Miller being played out right in front of our eyes.
    "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
    John Wayne

Pick Em Rank

the conference might be better off with footlocker employees SMH
    "Limits, like Fears, are often just an Illusion" - G.O.A.T

http://www.buzzfeed.com/h2/fbsp/reeb...le-than-a-game

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast