Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Supplement your Direct TV with DISH

Pick Em Rank

Default Supplement your Direct TV with DISH

Just got off the phone with DISH and I thought I'd share the info I got from one of their reps.
    so here goes:

The minimum or shortest contract they offer is 2 years without an activation fee. By going with this option you could go with their "Smart Pack" at $19.99 a month and get Pac 12 Network. If you decided to cancel or break your contract then you'd have to pay $17.50 a month for the remianing months on your contract. So for example if DTV and Pac12 Net came to terms in a year from now and you decided to cancel DISH you'd have to pay $210 for the remaining year.

or

You can pay a $99. activation fee up front to waive a contract or without a contract and have the same package of chanels as the "Smart Pack" that includes Pac12 Net and pay $24.99 a month with no cancelation fees attached and you can cancel the service at any time with no strings attached.

So if you decided to supplement you DTV or whatever other service you have with DISH to watch PAC 12 Net and say you canceled within a year, you'd save $50 by going with the latter option. The latter option would be ideal anyways just incase DTV and PAC12 came to an agreement in less than a year cause you wouldn't be obligated to early cancelation fees.
    #4Bashley

Pick Em Rank

I forgot to add that this includes just one TV or "box".
    #4Bashley

Pick Em Rank

And have 2 clunkers of satellite dishes on your roof, but it is a serious option to consider, thanks for the info

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Minerman View Post
    And have 2 clunkers of satellite dishes on your roof, but it is a serious option to consider, thanks for the info
    Yeah I thought about that Minerman. Hell I'd have 3 because of my Simply Bits dish haha....but I know how much I love my UofA hoops and by the way the FB season is shaping up hell I may find DISH at my house sooner than later...
    #4Bashley

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Value add right there. Good work. Thanks.

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys bballguy01's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Good thoughts sir

"He touched the ball" Wildcat_13's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I've had dish forever, never really had a problem with them. They're great

Pick Em Rank

Or you can lose the dishes, and get cox and youll be fine.

Pick Em Rank

I need my Sunday Ticket for NFL...but this might be a viable option...

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by CADWELL View Post
    Just got off the phone with DISH and I thought I'd share the info I got from one of their reps.
    so here goes:

The minimum or shortest contract they offer is 2 years without an activation fee. By going with this option you could go with their "Smart Pack" at $19.99 a month and get Pac 12 Network. If you decided to cancel or break your contract then you'd have to pay $17.50 a month for the remianing months on your contract. So for example if DTV and Pac12 Net came to terms in a year from now and you decided to cancel DISH you'd have to pay $210 for the remaining year.

or

You can pay a $99. activation fee up front to waive a contract or without a contract and have the same package of chanels as the "Smart Pack" that includes Pac12 Net and pay $24.99 a month with no cancelation fees attached and you can cancel the service at any time with no strings attached.

So if you decided to supplement you DTV or whatever other service you have with DISH to watch PAC 12 Net and say you canceled within a year, you'd save $50 by going with the latter option. The latter option would be ideal anyways just incase DTV and PAC12 came to an agreement in less than a year cause you wouldn't be obligated to early cancelation fees.
    Thanks so much for the info CADWELL.

Pick Em Rank

Or you can go to the bar...

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by catsbackontop View Post
    Or you can lose the dishes, and get cox and youll be fine.
    That's the problem...I live in a rural area that is undeveloped land. I live about 100 yards from a new community, but that's as close as I'll get to cable unless Comcast thinks they can make money off of like 6 of us property owners within 24 acres and bury a line which I highly doubt.

Satellite for me is the ONLY option.

Originally Posted by Wize View Post
    Thanks so much for the info CADWELL.
    No prob.

Originally Posted by Mich View Post
    Or you can go to the bar...
    You must live in an area where bars have Dish or something other than DTV. I spent an hour one day and called about 25 bars in Tucson and for some reason about 99% had DTV.....The obvious reason is probably NFL Sun. Ticket...

Hell I even called the Bashful Bandit for sh!ts and giggles which is like a Hells Angel biker bar and the dude on the phone was like..."What do you care?"...hence the remaining 1%
    #4Bashley

Pick Em Rank

I like the idea of the piggy back. How does this compare to cable and DTV

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by obiwan View Post
    I like the idea of the piggy back. How does this compare to cable and DTV
    Not sure I understand your question. But what I meant by "supplement" is have DISH come out and install their service while you keep what ever you have already. Basicly like having 2 services. With the said package, DISH will give you one box and their dish on your roof of course and you could place the box where ever you want in your house.

Not sure how DISH compares to the TV providers, but the "Smart Pack" only comes with like 60 chanels I think and they include the Pac 12 Net chanels.
    #4Bashley

Pick Em Rank

I understand what you meant. I was asking about the cost of both compared. I lived in Tucson for 20 years before I moved and can not remember the cable situation. My question is which supplement service would be most cost effective. That is assuming that Cox/comcast does have unlimited P12 service. I am lucky here on the island we are not on any P12 footprint so we get all the cannels.

Not sure I understand your question. But what I meant by "supplement" is have DISH come out and install their service while you keep what ever you have already. Basicly like having 2 services. With the said package, DISH will give you one box and their dish on your roof of course and you could place the box where ever you want in your house.

Not sure how DISH compares to the TV providers, but the "Smart Pack" only comes with like 60 chanels I think and they include the Pac 12 Net chanels.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Hell I even called the Bashful Bandit for sh!ts and giggles which is like a Hells Angel biker bar and the dude on the phone was like..."What do you care?"...hence the remaining 1%
    Bashful Bandit used to be the spot on Tuesday nights!

Pick Em Rank

I do not know how this plays out in Tucson but Time Warner just announced the NFL channel and Red zone will be on TWC Sunday. This comes with the sports pkg. Since I have already had the pkg. it is at no additional cost.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Just Cancelled DIRECTTv F-ing hate them.....always have. Don't know why i got suckered back in (ala FREE NFL ticket). Anyways the whole strong arm crap with not just PAC12 network but multiple channels was the last straw. Didn't care that i had to pay 12mo of fees. I hate DIRECT tv and i recommend NO ONE EVER.....give them their business.

Pick Em Rank

so here goes:

or

I wonder if this true outside of the P12 footprint? I live in Nevada, so I think getting P12 Network would be extra on top of the Smart Pack, no?
    "I know Ms. Pac-Man is special. She's fun. She's cute. She swallows."

Pick Em Rank

Cadwell, check Bob Dobbs on Sixth. We drove by there yesterday and I saw a sign about carrying the football games just didn't get to read it carefully.
    "If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

RawDoggy Style IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by LJTucson View Post
    Cadwell, check Bob Dobbs on Sixth. We drove by there yesterday and I saw a sign about carrying the football games just didn't get to read it carefully.
    Does anybody else find that place to be a dump? I checked it out one day and found it unpleasant in many ways.

Sent from my motorola atrix 4g using tapatalk 2

Pick Em Rank

I've never set foot in the place so I don't have a clue.

Originally Posted by IT'S MILLER TIME View Post
    Does anybody else find that place to be a dump? I checked it out one day and found it unpleasant in many ways.

"If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

Pick Em Rank

I do not how the footprint works with Dish. Cox TV (Tuson) says sthat it will only transmit to the six states in the conference. I live in Hawaii and have Time Warner cable and I get all the P-12 stations swith the sport package. It is a total of $6 a month for about 20 channel. TWC just announce, and I have the channel,we are getting the NFL channel and NFL red zone. No extra cost. So as what the footprint is ???????? This is supprising since we have the Univ of Hawaii here, of course only on Pay for view. I know this probaly does answer the question, but might give you some information when you call them or your local cable company.

Originally Posted by El Cunado View Post
    I wonder if this true outside of the P12 footprint? I live in Nevada, so I think getting P12 Network would be extra on top of the Smart Pack, no?

Pick Em Rank

Dish is nationwide.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Brookszilla View Post
    Just Cancelled DIRECTTv F-ing hate them.....always have. Don't know why i got suckered back in (ala FREE NFL ticket). Anyways the whole strong arm crap with not just PAC12 network but multiple channels was the last straw. Didn't care that i had to pay 12mo of fees. I hate DIRECT tv and i recommend NO ONE EVER.....give them their business.
    I can give you a good deal with cox if your interested...

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by IT'S MILLER TIME View Post

Only been there twice, pretty good burgers. Nothing special, but a bar is a bar and if they have P12 network... why not?

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
    Only been there twice, pretty good burgers. Nothing special, but a bar is a bar and if they have P12 network... why not?
    If they have a liquor license, little can scare me away

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I just called Dish and they want $34.99 (with 2 year commitment) or $59.99 with no commitment, plus you buy the hardward and pay for the installation.

Has anyone else done the Dish piggyback thing lately? What option? Anything cheaper than what's shown above?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I haven't pulled the trigger on doing it yet, but I spoke with a rep a couple days ago. They wanted $44/Month (1 HD Box/1 TV) on a 2 year contract, it went to $66/Month in the second year. One loophole/option is that you can suspend your account for up to 9 months a year, I think it costs $9/Month. I'm thinking about doing it and suspending the account when basketball season isn't on.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

There are many places around town with P12 network. I know Bob Dobbs has been mentioned, and Im pretty sure I watched a game at Trident before. As well as Frog Im pretty sure has it.

Pick Em Rank

Default Re: Supplement your Direct TV with DISH

Originally Posted by Pay the Choll Toll View Post
    There are many places around town with P12 network. I know Bob Dobbs has been mentioned, and Im pretty sure I watched a game at Trident before. As well as Frog Im pretty sure has it.
    Applebee's has the Pac12 network per their large sign on the restaurant.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast