How Hard Is It To Stop The Court Rushing Before Time Expires?

Hybrid View

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Wilbur How Hard Is It To Stop The Court Rushing Before Time Expires?

It's actually very simple to stop the court rushing before time expires and the throwing things, spitting, etc.

What did they do to the fan that threw the placard or whatever it was that hit one of the Wildcats? They threw him out. He can't come back. Of course he wouldn't or couldn't wear a disguise---have a friend buy his tickets---or just sneak in. Nope he wouldn't do that 'cause he follows the rules.

What they should do, in my opinion is call a technical on the team. If they make their own team suffer for their bad behavior, then maybe they'd think more about behaving and following the rules. If not, then the universities would make sure that these "FANS" can't get in there.

Sports fans should support their teams and do everything they can to help their teams. That is, everything that is acceptable in society. Throwing stuff, spitting, and other things are not acceptable and not only shouldn't be allowed, but measures should be adopted to prevent them from happening. If these fans are so "in" to their team that they feel they can and should assault the other team's players and or coaches, then they should be put in jail. After all, it is an assault.

These sports programs make money for the universities and help the athletes to hone their skills so they can progress to a job that they want and that will pay them very well. So these universities and the sports authorities should make sure they are conducted in a safe and respectable manner.

Pick Em Rank

I completely agree. A Tucson High school basketball player was seriously injured when the fans stormed the court after a win. I have included an article about it in this post. IMHO it just isn't necessary. Celebrate in the stands with your fellow fans. When we won against Florida I never hugged so many strangers in all my life.

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/...urt-24530.html
    "If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

There have been other accidents and injuries from rushing the court. I can understand the fans being excited and wanting to celebrate the victory, but if you look at what is happening when hundreds and even thousands of people all run, from all different directions onto a small area...that is a disaster waiting to happen. They should plan something after the game where the fans can celebrate with their team.

My point was when they rush the court before the time has run out. They've watched and waited for almost two hours. Why can't they wait until the time on the game clock has expired and the opposing team is safely off of the floor. That should be a requirement from the start of allowing people to attend these games to insure it's conducted safely for ALL. Then if they all want to run full speed into each other causing concussions and many other serious injuries, that's on them. Personally I think it's very dangerous and stupid to do that.

Pick Em Rank

This is how they do crowd control @ CAL

Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Pick Em Rank

One of the only ways you will get fans to stop rushing the court after an upset is if any conference uses what the SEC does. If any school's fans rush the court the school is fined 25K

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4863093
    If you want me to take a dump in a box and mark it guaranteed I will, I have spare time - Tommy Callahan

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

All conferences should do what the SEC does. Hefty fine if people rush the court. I've never been a fan of the whole rushing the court thing. You have all this security at games to ensure the safety of the public and the teams, but then at the end of the game you just let anyone run and push their way onto the court??

40 minutes of fun for us, 40 minutes of pain for you. ARIZONA WILDCATS BASKETBALL.
    "On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time." - Ron Swanson

Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

i dont mind court rushing honestly, i just want it to be done AFTER the buzzer goes off, not as the game is ending.
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The court is where the game is played. The seats are where the fans can watch the game. There is no place for fans on the court.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by conundrumz View Post
    The court is where the game is played. The seats are where the fans can watch the game. There is no place for fans on the court.
    Yup, and if the players truly wish to celebrate with the fans, they can go up into the stands. As was seen when Momo led the team through the Zonazoo after they clinched the Pac-10

Seattle Silver Foxes Applequest's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Just curious for all the anti-court rushers here, do you make any distinction between rushing the court in basketball and rushing the court in football?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Put all the ugly girls down in front! That will slow you down.

Pick Em Rank

idk how many of you are big soccer fans, but i think Europe has it right when it comes to this issue. disruptive fans over there cause the home team to get fined as well as future match bans where the team has to play a certain number of games at home without any fans. this is a big deterrent...although the hooligans over there are insane and cant really be compared to college basketball fans