Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Default PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Pick Em Rank

Their admission pisses me off more for some reason.

Pick Em Rank

If I actually converted my rage into words I would probably be banned.
    I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Pick Em Rank

That's always nice when they come out and say this after the fact. "Yeah you got ****ed, we know you did, but your Arizona so we don't care". The Pac just loves sticking it to its biggest money maker, huh? They keep showing why this is the worst officiated conference in America, hands down.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The officials were correct in not assessing a technical to ASU for the students, staff and bench players for running on the court with five-tenths of a second remaining, according to the league office.
    So, we can do it at Mckale.

Pick Em Rank

This just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. What a bunch of BS.
    "If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys Caz's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

The refs didnt stop play...nice B.S..
    The scummie fans and players did. what a cop out you sh**** refs

Air-Zona!!!!
    " I'm just a basketball player, I don't really have a true position. I just play hard on every possession " - Derrick Williams

Pick Em Rank

I have always liked katz
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Seattle Silver Foxes Applequest's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

The refs are always gonna stop play to check the clock on a made basket under 2 seconds left, as they should. The couple extra tenths can make a huge difference. Maybe we should concentrate on not giving up these baskets rather than whining about techs we don't deserve. I don't think we deserve the hanging on the rim tech either but I would've enjoyed it just because it would've exposed Carson as an idiot with a basketball IQ of 0.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Let's face it...there was no way they were going to assess this against ASU in TEMPE. There would not have been enough law enforcement on-site to prevent an all out riot if we were allowed to somehow tie and/or win off a TF. The spitting incident would have paled in comparison.

We lost this game in so many other tangible ways...low shooting %, low FT %, turnovers, blah, blah, blah....WELL before the refs screwed us in the end. Screw them, and screw ASU. We have got to get our offensive sh!t together this week for the Utah/CO roadtrip or we will EASILY have two more losses by this time next week.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Carson will get plenty exposed when the season is over. He says he's definitely entering the draft. I wonder how he'll like playing in Mongolia. He's a scoring guard....a 5'8" scoring guard. Yeah, he's got a big future in pro ball. NOT!!!

Pick Em Rank

LOL Mongolia!

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post
    Carson will get plenty exposed when the season is over. He says he's definitely entering the draft. I wonder how he'll like playing in Mongolia. He's a scoring guard....a 5'8" scoring guard. Yeah, he's got a big future in pro ball. NOT!!!
    "If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

Pick Em Rank

Look I agree we deserved to lose this game. But you can't ignore the rules whenever you feel like it.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Larry Scott better get his act together that's now two games where the call or lack of went against Miller and Co. Its situations like this that coaches eventually leave to better conferences. The Pac 12 is turning into a joke of a hoops conference. In the ACC or SEC would not allow these moron refs in their league.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Applequest View Post
    The refs are always gonna stop play to check the clock on a made basket under 2 seconds left, as they should. The couple extra tenths can make a huge difference. Maybe we should concentrate on not giving up these baskets rather than whining about techs we don't deserve. I don't think we deserve the hanging on the rim tech either but I would've enjoyed it just because it would've exposed Carson as an idiot with a basketball IQ of 0.
    THIS! For god sake we had our chances. We missed shot after shot. Shot BARELY over 50% from the line with 14 points unaccounted for because of it. We didn't deserve to win. Period. Yeah we should have had two more free throws and possession that may have given us a better chance to tie/win. The fact is, we shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. We are better than that.

Let's all quit bichin' (me included) and move on the the next game to ****ING KILL UTAH. I want blood...

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by zellerware View Post
    Larry Scott better get his act together that's now two games where the call or lack of went against Miller and Co. Its situations like this that coaches eventually leave to better conferences. The Pac 12 is turning into a joke of a hoops conference. In the ACC or SEC would not allow these moron refs in their league.
    Larry Scott has his act together.... one more marginal PAC-12 team in the dance. Now all Utah needs is a top ten win... hummm who will that be?
    If I didn't play ball at Arizona i would have still went to Az just to be a regular student. The tradition is pure. Miss school! - Kevin Parrom (Twitter)

Pick Em Rank

Default Re: PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    The refs didnt stop play...nice B.S..
    The scummie fans and players did. what a cop out you sh**** refs

Exactly!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 10.12.00 PM.jpg
    Just to lighten the mood, this bag of douche is totally finger banging Jahii's snatch

Pick Em Rank

hahaha bogie
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    Ryno - "

Pick Em Rank

Well, if its a rule - it should be enforced no matter how much time is left on the clock, or whether it will affect the outcome or not. Just because we shot poorly, and according to some, didn't deserve to get the free throws awarded to us on the tech -doesn't negate the fact it's the refs job to call it! So a bad team like Wash St or USC shouldn't get any calls their way, 'cuz they're a crappy team? Ok.

And the refs didn't want to call it in Tempe? Well, they had no problem calling a tech on both Kaleb and Aaron for hanging on the rim this year. At McKale.

I seriously can't wait to get conference play over with, and on to the Ncaa tourney.
    I always think we're gonna' win

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

what i got from this is that whenever there is a break in play for official review, since the officials created the break in play our fans/benchplayers/coaches can then rush the court and stay for as long as it takes to get us all re seated.

Pick Em Rank

Default Re: PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

Originally Posted by nonaz13 View Post
    what i got from this is that whenever there is a break in play for official review, since the officials created the break in play our fans/benchplayers/coaches can then rush the court and stay for as long as it takes to get us all re seated.
    That was my understanding too. What a load of crap. SMH.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Pick Em Rank

The NCAA rule that delays that do not interfere with play shall be ignored is ridiculous with respect to storming the court. According to this rule, then, storming the court is acceptable during every timeout and other stoppage in play. Storming the court poses a substantial threat of physical harm to the visiting players, especially at ASU, where the fans are known to spit and throw projectiles like neanderthals. The NCAA rule tolerates and encourages the crowd to loiter on the court en masse as long as they pick the right time to do so. Storming the court is dumb anyway unless a championship is on the line and is won on a buzzer beater.
    "Riding quasars all the way to the top of the mountain" - Bill Walton
    "#Shouldershimmythempeoples" - Kevin Durant

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    The NCAA rule that delays that do not interfere with play shall be ignored is ridiculous with respect to storming the court. According to this rule, then, storming the court is acceptable during every timeout and other stoppage in play. Storming the court poses a substantial threat of physical harm to the visiting players, especially at ASU, where the fans are known to spit and throw projectiles like neanderthals. The NCAA rule tolerates and encourages the crowd to loiter on the court en masse as long as they pick the right time to do so. Storming the court is dumb anyway unless a championship is on the line and is won on a buzzer beater.
    Kind of ironic that you can throw your body on the floor during a play stoppage and its not a technical, but throwing things on the court could be (IE not yourself)
    Ryno - "

Baltimore Blowfish TraneofThought's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

While I agree the team (and fans, I guess) should be focusing on things they can control (making layups and FT's, getting stops on D), and I'm hardly on the "non-call technicals cost us the game" bandwagon, I don't understand this "we didn't deserve" stuff. How does Arizona "deserving" or "not deserving" a technical foul call even factor in here? What does that even mean? And what is the basis behind the comment?

All that moron Carson had to do was dribble the clock out or throw the ball in the damn air. Instead he went full retard, almost cost his team the game, and in the process made a play that SPECIFICALLY calls for a technical to be whistled. I don't see any reason why any team wouldn't deserve having that called. It's a simple rule. What am I missing here?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Typical Dirty Pac12 Refs

Seattle Silver Foxes Applequest's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by TraneofThought View Post
    While I agree the team (and fans, I guess) should be focusing on things they can control (making layups and FT's, getting stops on D), and I'm hardly on the "non-call technicals cost us the game" bandwagon, I don't understand this "we didn't deserve" stuff. How does Arizona "deserving" or "not deserving" a technical foul call even factor in here? What does that even mean? And what is the basis behind the comment?

All that moron Carson had to do was dribble the clock out or throw the ball in the damn air. Instead he went full retard, almost cost his team the game, and in the process made a play that SPECIFICALLY calls for a technical to be whistled. I don't see any reason why any team wouldn't deserve having that called. It's a simple rule. What am I missing here?
    Because a player hanging on the rim and the ASU students displaying their poor counting skills is completely incidental to the 50 minutes of actual basketball that were played prior to that point in which ASU actually played the game of basketball better than we did, obtaining more points, and therefore winning the game. Imagine how you would feel if Duke won a game off a BS tech called in the final second. Outraged yes? It would be because they won a game they didn't deserve. ASU won the game and didn't deserve to have it taken away because a once in a lifetime moment for the ASU players and fans caused them to do stupid things.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I totally get the "no delay = no tech" rule for the court rushing. BUT, in this instance, the rushing the court clearly and obviously delayed the game for several minutes. So the explanation doesn't remotely hold water.

Pick Em Rank

Because a player hanging on the rim and the ASU students displaying their poor counting skills is completely incidental to the 50 minutes of actual basketball that were played prior to that point in which ASU actually played the game of basketball better than we did, obtaining more points, and therefore winning the game. Imagine how you would feel if Duke won a game off a BS tech called in the final second. Outraged yes? It would be because they won a game they didn't deserve. ASU won the game and didn't deserve to have it taken away because a once in a lifetime moment for the ASU players and fans caused them to do stupid things.
    Oh god spare me the pride angle here, we're Arizona fans and we shouldn't have to depend on rules to bail us out blah blah ****ity blah. The tuck rule was a stupid rule, yet the refs still called it at a crucial time in a big game. There are always stupid rules, yet they're followed. You know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE ****ING WRITTEN RULES AND IT'S THE REF'S JOB TO ENFORCE THEM. The fact that Jahii and the entire ASU bench were moronic enough to both egregiously break rules all in one fell swoop just because it was a real huge moment for them doesn't mean the rules shouldn't be followed. Also why are you bringing up Duke? If someone was dumb enough to do what Jahii and the ASU bench did against Duke then they'd deserve the same damn misfortune, because the rulebook states as much. This isn't rocket science, leave emotion and pride at the door, a rule is a rule. It is what it is.

2012 Angler of the Year revodog11's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by _BOGIE_ View Post
    Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 10.12.00 PM.jpg
    Just to lighten the mood, this bag of douche is totally finger banging Jahii's snatch
    I wonder if Jahi ever gets tired of scrubs hanging on his nutts?
    The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I find it comical, and pathetic, about the timing of the release of this BS.

Sunday night, during the Olympics & NBA All-Star game. It is as if the Pac-12 and Larry Scott had hopes of this being swept under the rug and not being a topic of discussion heading into a new week. They had all of Saturday and most of Sunday to admit this mistake; but instead, they wait until a time when most people would pass this off. Bunch of ****ing losers this conference is.

On the flip side, Arizona still would have had to make two free throws and score another FG to win the game; which, we know has been quite the chore as of late.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast