Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

Hybrid View

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Default PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

Pick Em Rank

Their admission pisses me off more for some reason.

Pick Em Rank

If I actually converted my rage into words I would probably be banned.

Pick Em Rank

That's always nice when they come out and say this after the fact. "Yeah you got ****ed, we know you did, but your Arizona so we don't care". The Pac just loves sticking it to its biggest money maker, huh? They keep showing why this is the worst officiated conference in America, hands down.

Pick Em Rank

Refs don't always stop to check the time.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The officials were correct in not assessing a technical to ASU for the students, staff and bench players for running on the court with five-tenths of a second remaining, according to the league office.
    So, we can do it at Mckale.

Pick Em Rank

This just makes me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. What a bunch of BS.
    "If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys Caz's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

The refs didnt stop play...nice B.S..
    The scummie fans and players did. what a cop out you sh**** refs

Air-Zona!!!!
    " I'm just a basketball player, I don't really have a true position. I just play hard on every possession " - Derrick Williams

Pick Em Rank

I have always liked katz
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Seattle Silver Foxes Applequest's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

The refs are always gonna stop play to check the clock on a made basket under 2 seconds left, as they should. The couple extra tenths can make a huge difference. Maybe we should concentrate on not giving up these baskets rather than whining about techs we don't deserve. I don't think we deserve the hanging on the rim tech either but I would've enjoyed it just because it would've exposed Carson as an idiot with a basketball IQ of 0.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Applequest View Post
    The refs are always gonna stop play to check the clock on a made basket under 2 seconds left, as they should. The couple extra tenths can make a huge difference. Maybe we should concentrate on not giving up these baskets rather than whining about techs we don't deserve. I don't think we deserve the hanging on the rim tech either but I would've enjoyed it just because it would've exposed Carson as an idiot with a basketball IQ of 0.
    THIS! For god sake we had our chances. We missed shot after shot. Shot BARELY over 50% from the line with 14 points unaccounted for because of it. We didn't deserve to win. Period. Yeah we should have had two more free throws and possession that may have given us a better chance to tie/win. The fact is, we shouldn't have been in that situation in the first place. We are better than that.

Let's all quit bichin' (me included) and move on the the next game to ****ING KILL UTAH. I want blood...

Baltimore Blowfish TraneofThought's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

While I agree the team (and fans, I guess) should be focusing on things they can control (making layups and FT's, getting stops on D), and I'm hardly on the "non-call technicals cost us the game" bandwagon, I don't understand this "we didn't deserve" stuff. How does Arizona "deserving" or "not deserving" a technical foul call even factor in here? What does that even mean? And what is the basis behind the comment?

All that moron Carson had to do was dribble the clock out or throw the ball in the damn air. Instead he went full retard, almost cost his team the game, and in the process made a play that SPECIFICALLY calls for a technical to be whistled. I don't see any reason why any team wouldn't deserve having that called. It's a simple rule. What am I missing here?

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by TraneofThought View Post
    While I agree the team (and fans, I guess) should be focusing on things they can control (making layups and FT's, getting stops on D), and I'm hardly on the "non-call technicals cost us the game" bandwagon, I don't understand this "we didn't deserve" stuff. How does Arizona "deserving" or "not deserving" a technical foul call even factor in here? What does that even mean? And what is the basis behind the comment?

All that moron Carson had to do was dribble the clock out or throw the ball in the damn air. Instead he went full retard, almost cost his team the game, and in the process made a play that SPECIFICALLY calls for a technical to be whistled. I don't see any reason why any team wouldn't deserve having that called. It's a simple rule. What am I missing here?
    Because a player hanging on the rim and the ASU students displaying their poor counting skills is completely incidental to the 50 minutes of actual basketball that were played prior to that point in which ASU actually played the game of basketball better than we did, obtaining more points, and therefore winning the game. Imagine how you would feel if Duke won a game off a BS tech called in the final second. Outraged yes? It would be because they won a game they didn't deserve. ASU won the game and didn't deserve to have it taken away because a once in a lifetime moment for the ASU players and fans caused them to do stupid things.

Pick Em Rank

Because a player hanging on the rim and the ASU students displaying their poor counting skills is completely incidental to the 50 minutes of actual basketball that were played prior to that point in which ASU actually played the game of basketball better than we did, obtaining more points, and therefore winning the game. Imagine how you would feel if Duke won a game off a BS tech called in the final second. Outraged yes? It would be because they won a game they didn't deserve. ASU won the game and didn't deserve to have it taken away because a once in a lifetime moment for the ASU players and fans caused them to do stupid things.
    Oh god spare me the pride angle here, we're Arizona fans and we shouldn't have to depend on rules to bail us out blah blah ****ity blah. The tuck rule was a stupid rule, yet the refs still called it at a crucial time in a big game. There are always stupid rules, yet they're followed. You know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE ****ING WRITTEN RULES AND IT'S THE REF'S JOB TO ENFORCE THEM. The fact that Jahii and the entire ASU bench were moronic enough to both egregiously break rules all in one fell swoop just because it was a real huge moment for them doesn't mean the rules shouldn't be followed. Also why are you bringing up Duke? If someone was dumb enough to do what Jahii and the ASU bench did against Duke then they'd deserve the same damn misfortune, because the rulebook states as much. This isn't rocket science, leave emotion and pride at the door, a rule is a rule. It is what it is.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Oh god spare me the pride angle here, we're Arizona fans and we shouldn't have to depend on rules to bail us out blah blah ****ity blah. The tuck rule was a stupid rule, yet the refs still called it at a crucial time in a big game. There are always stupid rules, yet they're followed. You know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE ****ING WRITTEN RULES AND IT'S THE REF'S JOB TO ENFORCE THEM. The fact that Jahii and the entire ASU bench were moronic enough to both egregiously break rules all in one fell swoop just because it was a real huge moment for them doesn't mean the rules shouldn't be followed. Also why are you bringing up Duke? If someone was dumb enough to do what Jahii and the ASU bench did against Duke then they'd deserve the same damn misfortune, because the rulebook states as much. This isn't rocket science, leave emotion and pride at the door, a rule is a rule. It is what it is.
    Please point out where I said anything about Arizona pride? It doesnt matter who you are, you shouldn't hope to win a game for a BS reason. I guarantee you none of the players give a **** that no tech was called. They got beat and they know it. Don't get me wrong, I would've taken a tech if they had called it, but I certainly wouldnt expect it, and I CERTAINLY wouldnt still be bitching about it 3 days after the fact. As for the rules are the rules, please oh please Sunshine don't tell me you are one of those "if it's a foul in the first half, its a foul in the final seconds" people. We all know the game is called differently in the final minute, as it should be. Let the players decide the game. Remember that college football game where a BS unsportsmanlike penalty was called on a game-winning TD, and it cost them the game? That was a ref deciding a game and calling a tech for hanging on the rim is the equivalent. As for rushing the court prematurely, that should be legislated against the schools in the form of fines or other penalties, not against the players who have no control over it. Also, dont forget that the U of A has a history of rushing playing surfaces prematurely, and even more embarrassingly, doing so when the game was very much still in doubt and then losing.

Baltimore Blowfish TraneofThought's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

My point is that it wouldn't have been a BS technical. Carson literally did chin-ups on the rim. If the situation was reversed, and one of our guys went brain-dead there and did chin-ups on the rim, I'd be pissed at our guy, not the officials. It takes a special kind of moron to do some sh*t like that, dude.

And that brings me to another point: I hate the "let the players decide the outcome; not the officials" argument - not for its actual meaning - but for the perception people have assigned to it. Too many people believe it means that officials should basically become spectators at the end of games. Well, guess what? A player fouling or doing chin-ups on the rim IS letting the players decide the outcome. If a player makes a mistake, he decided to make the mistake. The official didn't force him to foul or do chin-ups on the rim. And to maintain the integrity of the game, it has to be called, whether it was an accident or not.

I just don't buy this "deserve" business. Yes, asu would've/should've won if Carson just dribbled the ball until the clock ran out. But he didn't. He decided to go full-retard, and should've been whistled for it. asu likely still wins the game, and that sequence isn't why the Cats lost. But it doesn't mean it should be ignored.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The technical should have been called. Not because it could affect he outcome but because it's the rule. Carson's rim hang was intentional, extreme, and pure showboating. Yes it was the emphatic punctuation mark of a great game by ASU, but he lost control and was showing up the opponent and broke the rule.

Pick Em Rank

I would agree with you about the refs stopping play except for this:

"The Pac-12 also said the court-storming was not an issue because there was not an immediate attempt by Arizona to inbound the ball and officials then stopped the game to view the monitor and determine exactly how much time remaining should be put on the clock."
    "With the game stopped, the fans and team followers who rushed the floor did not create a delay that interfered with play," the Pac-12 said. "Therefore, by the NCAA basketball rules, when the delay does not interfere with play, it shall be ignored."

If the refs are ALWAYS going to stop the game to check the clock, then how can a team EVER attempt an immediate inbounds play??????

Let's get this straight, the ASU bench and fans rushed the court BEFORE the refs EVER stopped play.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Let's face it...there was no way they were going to assess this against ASU in TEMPE. There would not have been enough law enforcement on-site to prevent an all out riot if we were allowed to somehow tie and/or win off a TF. The spitting incident would have paled in comparison.

We lost this game in so many other tangible ways...low shooting %, low FT %, turnovers, blah, blah, blah....WELL before the refs screwed us in the end. Screw them, and screw ASU. We have got to get our offensive sh!t together this week for the Utah/CO roadtrip or we will EASILY have two more losses by this time next week.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Carson will get plenty exposed when the season is over. He says he's definitely entering the draft. I wonder how he'll like playing in Mongolia. He's a scoring guard....a 5'8" scoring guard. Yeah, he's got a big future in pro ball. NOT!!!

Pick Em Rank

LOL Mongolia!

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post
    Carson will get plenty exposed when the season is over. He says he's definitely entering the draft. I wonder how he'll like playing in Mongolia. He's a scoring guard....a 5'8" scoring guard. Yeah, he's got a big future in pro ball. NOT!!!
    "If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

Pick Em Rank

Look I agree we deserved to lose this game. But you can't ignore the rules whenever you feel like it.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Larry Scott better get his act together that's now two games where the call or lack of went against Miller and Co. Its situations like this that coaches eventually leave to better conferences. The Pac 12 is turning into a joke of a hoops conference. In the ACC or SEC would not allow these moron refs in their league.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by zellerware View Post
    Larry Scott better get his act together that's now two games where the call or lack of went against Miller and Co. Its situations like this that coaches eventually leave to better conferences. The Pac 12 is turning into a joke of a hoops conference. In the ACC or SEC would not allow these moron refs in their league.
    Larry Scott has his act together.... one more marginal PAC-12 team in the dance. Now all Utah needs is a top ten win... hummm who will that be?
    If I didn't play ball at Arizona i would have still went to Az just to be a regular student. The tradition is pure. Miss school! - Kevin Parrom (Twitter)

Pick Em Rank

Default Re: PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

Originally Posted by Caz View Post
    The refs didnt stop play...nice B.S..
    The scummie fans and players did. what a cop out you sh**** refs

Exactly!!!

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 10.12.00 PM.jpg
    Just to lighten the mood, this bag of douche is totally finger banging Jahii's snatch

2012 Angler of the Year revodog11's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by _BOGIE_ View Post
    Screen shot 2014-02-16 at 10.12.00 PM.jpg
    Just to lighten the mood, this bag of douche is totally finger banging Jahii's snatch
    I wonder if Jahi ever gets tired of scrubs hanging on his nutts?
    The secret to success is knowing who to blame for your failures

Pick Em Rank

hahaha bogie
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Pick Em Rank

Well, if its a rule - it should be enforced no matter how much time is left on the clock, or whether it will affect the outcome or not. Just because we shot poorly, and according to some, didn't deserve to get the free throws awarded to us on the tech -doesn't negate the fact it's the refs job to call it! So a bad team like Wash St or USC shouldn't get any calls their way, 'cuz they're a crappy team? Ok.

And the refs didn't want to call it in Tempe? Well, they had no problem calling a tech on both Kaleb and Aaron for hanging on the rim this year. At McKale.

I seriously can't wait to get conference play over with, and on to the Ncaa tourney.
    I always think we're gonna' win

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

what i got from this is that whenever there is a break in play for official review, since the officials created the break in play our fans/benchplayers/coaches can then rush the court and stay for as long as it takes to get us all re seated.

Pick Em Rank

Default Re: PAC-12 Admits missed Technical Foul

Originally Posted by nonaz13 View Post
    what i got from this is that whenever there is a break in play for official review, since the officials created the break in play our fans/benchplayers/coaches can then rush the court and stay for as long as it takes to get us all re seated.
    That was my understanding too. What a load of crap. SMH.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast