Pittsburgh papers on Miller's nuts....LOVE IT !!!

KneeGrowMan

Default Pittsburgh papers on Miller's nuts....LOVE IT !!!

Both major newspapers here in Pittsburgh are running a story on Coach Miller today. Knowing the typical stupid Pittsburgh sports fan like I do, they will think that Miller will be leaving Arizona to coach his alma mater. Why would he take such a step down ??

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/P...s/201402150160

http://triblive.com/sports/nationwor...#axzz2tR3zMPeh

KneeGrowMan

Good reads though, the Post - Gazette dropping Tucson landmarks in the article.....

KneeGrowMan

But the job of restoring a once-notable program, as he has done with at Arizona, erodes family time like battery acid. He is 45, and it gnaws at him. Still, he said, enjoys the work, especially helping his players improve in basketball and beyond.

With point guard T.J. McConnell, from Chartiers Valley via Duquesne, running the show on the court, the Wildcats are national championship contenders. The money isn't bad, either (Miller's contract extends through 2018 and increases to $2.6 million a year with incentives). But the pace and pressure and grind and endless details can be oppressive. He said he can't see himself coaching as long as his father, who retired at 62.

“There's a lot you sacrifice,” Sean said. “You're torn in a lot of different directions, and there are a lot of things you can't control.”

Hopefully Miller stays here until he retires......

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

More kudos to a great coach and a great person. The University of Arizona is VERY lucky AND VERY proud to have Coach Miller guiding the Wildcats back to the elite level in Div. I basketball and equally proud and lucky to have him as a Tucson resident.

He made a great play when playing college basketball which in turn created a great catch phrase.

I think he'll create a new one as the UofA basketball coach. This one will be in regards to what the Coach Miller has the Wildcats do to teams they face on the courts; "Send them home Sean!"

Bear Down Coach Miller!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Being somebody that was born and raised in the city of Pittsburgh I can say that the typical Pittsburgh sports fans are very passionate and extremely loyal to their teams, not very different from the U of A fans and their love for their teams. A fan is a fan, doesn't necessarily make them stupid! In my humble opinion there is no reason for him to go and coach Pitt unless he feels a sense of nostalgia and a personal want in that transition. Pitt is a great University with slightly above average sports teams. In terms of college basketball, no where near what U of A has done, accomplished and can aspire to be. Would make no sense to try to build Pitt while having to recruit in the ACC against the Duke's and UNC's of the world when he has the choice of the best West Coast talent at his fingertips. I ASSUME that Coach Miller is very humble and committed to the project of winning a championship at U of A.

KneeGrowMan

Originally Posted by GoCats1 View Post
    Being somebody that was born and raised in the city of Pittsburgh I can say that the typical Pittsburgh sports fans are very passionate and extremely loyal to their teams, not very different from the U of A fans and their love for their teams. A fan is a fan, doesn't necessarily make them stupid.
    If you think that 2 Super Bowl victories in 33 years makes you the best football team EVER .......
    If you think that failing to make it past the second round of the NHL playoffs since winning a cup = DYNASTY........
    If you didn't care about baseball for 20 years until this past year.......
    If you think 1 Elite Eight appearance in 39 years = national powerhouse......
    If you think that 5 titles in your major sports in 33 years= city of champions......

You are the typical stupid Pittsburgh sports fan !!!

When I went to a Bengals - Steelers game a few years ago, Carson Palmer got sacked. As he was falling down, BOTH his knees hit the ground and a few moments later the ball came out. On the replay you could clearly see that he was down before the ball came out on the video board at Heinz Field. Yet the fans booed and screamed " the refs are cheating us ", " that's a fumble", " why don't the Steelers have the ball?". Unable to take this sheer display of stupidity any longer, I jumped up and yelled at the top of my lungs, " Do you people even see the replay and see how his knees are clearly down before the ball comes out ??!!??". All I got looking back at me were a bunch of confused looking Steeler fans in their Hines Ward jerseys with a glazed look in their eyes.

P.S.-- Greatest TV moment I have ever witnessed?? Steeler trivia game show on a Saturday on KDKA. 3 teams of 3 people each. At the first commercial break ?? All 3 teams in the negative.....

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Gee, not sure KneeGrowMan, but I do not think I stated anything that you are going off about above. Maybe you need to take a step back and realize that people are allowed to be fans. I had nothing but compliments for U of A, but you feel the need to bash all Pittsburgh sports and Pittsburgh fans as one whole.

U of A fans feel that their team is great as do I, but the Cats have only ever won 1 championship in its whole history. You will never see me post that the fans are stupid and their teams are crap because of that. U of A does have a great program and championships are very difficult to come by. I would argue my Steelers, but I realize this is a college basketball blog so I refrain out of courtesy for others.

KneeGrowMan

Being somebody that was born and raised in the city of Pittsburgh I can say that the typical Pittsburgh sports fans are very passionate and extremely loyal to their teams, not very different from the U of A fans and their love for their teams. A fan is a fan, doesn't necessarily make them stupid!

KneeGrowMan

Being somebody that was born and raised in the city of Pittsburgh I can say that the typical Pittsburgh sports fans are very passionate and extremely loyal to their teams, not very different from the U of A fans and their love for their teams. A fan is a fan, doesn't necessarily make them stupid!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Disagree or not, those are funny a** clips. Nicely done!

KneeGrowMan

Maybe you need to take a step back and realize that people are allowed to be fans.
    And I'll be there to bring them back to reality......like I do on a daily basis here in Pittsburgh

KneeGrowMan

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by KneeGrowMan View Post
    If you think that 2 Super Bowl victories in 33 years makes you the best football team EVER .......
    If you think that failing to make it past the second round of the NHL playoffs since winning a cup = DYNASTY........
    If you didn't care about baseball for 20 years until this past year.......
    If you think 1 Elite Eight appearance in 39 years = national powerhouse......
    If you think that 5 titles in your major sports in 33 years= city of champions......

You are the typical stupid Pittsburgh sports fan !!!

When I went to a Bengals - Steelers game a few years ago, Carson Palmer got sacked. As he was falling down, BOTH his knees hit the ground and a few moments later the ball came out. On the replay you could clearly see that he was down before the ball came out on the video board at Heinz Field. Yet the fans booed and screamed " the refs are cheating us ", " that's a fumble", " why don't the Steelers have the ball?". Unable to take this sheer display of stupidity any longer, I jumped up and yelled at the top of my lungs, " Do you people even see the replay and see how his knees are clearly down before the ball comes out ??!!??". All I got looking back at me were a bunch of confused looking Steeler fans in their Hines Ward jerseys with a glazed look in their eyes.

P.S.-- Greatest TV moment I have ever witnessed?? Steeler trivia game show on a Saturday on KDKA. 3 teams of 3 people each. At the first commercial break ?? All 3 teams in the negative.....
    Did you even read GoCats 1 post? This has nothing to do with what he said. And 6 rings makes the Steelers pretty darn close to the best football team historically. Also, ANY where you go you will see fans booing a call made against their team, no matter the call. It's sports, that's what happens.
    THIS IS ARIZONA

KneeGrowMan

Originally Posted by JT31 View Post
    Did you even read GoCats 1 post? This has nothing to do with what he said. And 6 rings makes the Steelers pretty darn close to the best football team historically. Also, ANY where you go you will see fans booing a call made against their team, no matter the call. It's sports, that's what happens.

Pick Em Rank

When discussing the best NFL teams, the Steelers have to be in the conversation. I don't care if you hate the city, hate the fans….that is a fact.
    Last edited by JT31; 02-16-2014 at 12:47 PM.
    THIS IS ARIZONA