2T's

São Paulo Sour Diesel KansasCityCats's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Love it. This proves that the fans weren't even the focal point of e blame. Thanks for the pic. The ASSU bech rushed the court without calling timeout (while the negligent flopped was still hanging on the rim).

So much for rules...

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Ace, does Miller even say anything behind the scenes?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

35% FG, 23% 3pt FG and 53.3% from the freethrow line... That's our offense. But yea.. They should have called 2T's

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by moosety2008 View Post
    35% FG, 23% 3pt FG and 53.3% from the freethrow line... That's our offense. But yea.. They should have called 2T's
    We all know the offense stunk. That doesn't mean that you throw the rule book out.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

They should never be in a position to rely on 2T's. If you need those to win, then you need to look in the mirror a little closer. They had plenty of opportunities to pull away and they just kept giving it away. Players play and they just were not in it tonight. ACE would know, but I would doubt Miller blames the game on not getting 2T's. Just my opinion of course, but I'm sure he would rather have a few of the FT's that were missed and maybe a couple of Gabe's 9 missed shots.

Pick Em Rank

the refs are pussies though

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by catdefender View Post
    We all know the offense stunk. That doesn't mean that you throw the rule book out.
    0 people care about the rule book when everyone thinks the game is over. Look we're all upset about this loss. It's honestly unacceptable for high D1 players with NbA aspirations to consistently demonstrate shooting 53% from the freethrow line. This game should not even come close to these finishes.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by GoCats1 View Post
    They should never be in a position to rely on 2T's. If you need those to win, then you need to look in the mirror a little closer. They had plenty of opportunities to pull away and they just kept giving it away. Players play and they just were not in it tonight. ACE would know, but I would doubt Miller blames the game on not getting 2T's. Just my opinion of course, but I'm sure he would rather have a few of the FT's that were missed and maybe a couple of Gabe's 9 missed shots.
    Totally true but at the same time ASU shouldn't of put themselves in a position to get to 2 Ts. A foul is a foul is a foul. I don't care if there's 19 mins on the clock or 1.9

São Paulo Sour Diesel KansasCityCats's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

So the refs should never make calls for Wazzu? Their team is so miserable on offense that they should just 'make more shots' instead of using their 20 FT attempts per game as a weapon.

I don't know if the rule book should be thrown out because a team sucks.

Our team played like **** on offense, but the refs didn't have to give up

Pick Em Rank

Holy **** that picture.

Conference is a goddamn joke. Only conference in the history of the world that goes out of its way to fukk its biggest money maker in that sport.

Pick Em Rank

Moosety , you are spot on. We have no O. The free throws are just ridiculous. Inexcusable

Pick Em Rank

Disgraceful actions by ASSu fan, gutless referees, clueless PAC 12 commissioner (still no Direct TV deal). Larry Scott is the same jackass that told Miller to apologize to disgraced ref Ed Rush who he had to relieve from his duties. Tired of this WWE conference embarrassing itself on national TV.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Yeah, as if last night's game didn't prove that the Pac-12 and it's officials have a vendetta against Coach Miller....

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by moosety2008 View Post

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by GoCats1 View Post
    While I agree with your sentiment that it should never come to needing technical calls made to win a game, it is infuriating that in two games now the opposing team has committed violations that stop the play of game, delay the inbounds, and allow themselves time to get set on defense. In a high-stakes, pressure situation with the game on the line, how can you allow the opposing team to take an advantage like that? How can you stick your fingers in your ears and hum, "Nope, didn't see that. Nope, don't care."?

We lost, and we deserved to lose with our play. But a blatant re-writing of the rules, to our consistent detriment, is disturbing.

Pick Em Rank

The game never should have come down to the technicals but that's no excuse for the refs not calling them. You call those fouls no matter the situation. No excuses.

Pick Em Rank

Yup.
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

1 L
    The only thing AZ's record has to show for it.
    "You're ruining the private forum."
    -ACE

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I can't imagine how lousy I'd feel if the refs had called two technicals and we'd won by a point. Sorry, but I don't want to win that way. Yeah, the refs were supposed to call the techs. Yeah, it would be following the rules. But for me that game was lost when we failed to convert at the end of regulation, end of first OT, and end of second OT.

Let's find our shooting touch, drown Utah and Colorado, and the world will be a much brighter place next Monday.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Statfreak101 View Post
    Yeah, as if last night's game didn't prove that the Pac-12 and it's officials have a vendetta against Coach Miller....
    Unfortunately this is true. This starts at the top, the PAC-12 commisioner. Larry Scott has a thing against Coach Miller. I think there are 2 reasons for this. 1) In Scott's mind, the PAC-12 can only be successful if the California teams are at the top, which means UCLA (large media markets). He is not happy that a team from a small market is the best team in the league, has the highest attendence, and has a great away from McKale presence. And that team does not have the good sense to be located in Phoenix! 2) Scott believes Coach Miller's coaching style is not conducive to the style he wants his conference teams to have. Coach Miller is very animated all game long as he is a perfectionist. He is very vocal to his team and to the refs. Scott believes Coach Miller should receive at least 1 technical foul every game because of his actions on the sideline. Believe what you will about the Ed Rush incident last year but the coordinator of officials for a major Division 1 program does not say or do things like that on his own. Those words (or at least the idea) were given to him by his boss. Further validation of this came from the reaction of the Commisioner's office that Coach Miller apologize to Ed Rush or face a 25K fine!

The officials in this conference (with few exceptions) will not respect Coach Miller until he makes the Final Four or wins the NC. Lute seemed to get the benefit of the doubt during games after we won it all in 97.

All we have to do is get through the PAC-12 tournament and be rid of the PAC-12 officials. When we get to the NCAA Tournament, we will have well-qualified officials work our games that will let us play and allow us to take advantage of our strength inside. AND they will be consistent throughout the game!

(OK, off my soapbox now)