Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

The Atrocity

Hybrid View

Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default The Atrocity

it is an atrocity that 2 GAMES this season where we lost, the opposing team has rushed the court before the ****ing game is even over ! something has to be done about this..no tech on carson for hanging on the rim ?

an tj, you hit pullup midrange jumpers all night, why do a scoop layup when you couldve easily just pulled up ?

so confused at Millers offense man, it just seems like he doesnt want to unleash our offense, why ? i dont know, but 66 points in double overtime is ridiculous.

still think we'll make a strong push at a final four, but ssshhheeesshhh , we're hard to watch at times

https://twitter.com/UofAPointGuardU/...386241/photo/1
    Last edited by ACE; 02-14-2014 at 08:53 PM.
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Cause Scott is dirty and should be investigated by the FBI. I bet you his wife wishes he would die in a fire.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by catdefender View Post
    Cause Scott is dirty and should be investigated by the FBI. I bet you his wife wishes he would die in a fire.
    we've been completely disrespected at the end of our 2 losses, no excuses because we put ourselves in those positions but still, SOMETHING has to be done about storming the court before the buzzer even sounds
    The difference is VAST

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

No!! His wife is loves the all the money he gets from Vegas, seriously. She probably makes Grizelda Blanco look like Snow White
    Last edited by W.Cats33; 02-14-2014 at 08:40 PM. Reason: cuz

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by W.Cats33 View Post
    No!! His wife is loves the all the money he gets from Vegas, seriously. She probably makes Grizelda Blanco look like Snow White

Thanks for the laugh.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

and york has been given a golden opportunity to to produce and hasnt capitalized, like, what the hell york ?!?!
    The difference is VAST

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I understand your frustration, I feel it too, but any fan that questions coach millers offense after seeing our players miss wide open shot after wide open shot is blind as a bats blind grandma.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by W.Cats33 View Post
    I understand your frustration, I feel it too, but any fan that questions coach millers offense after seeing our players miss wide open shot after wide open shot is blind as a bats blind grandma.
    on our great offensive nights we STILL barely scratch the 80 point mark.
    The difference is VAST

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by azfansincebirth View Post
    Its because we cant make shots. We cant make free throws either. You think miller has anything to do with that? We had great opportunities all game. give me a break with blaming this on Miller.

Baltimore Blowfish TraneofThought's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by azfansincebirth View Post
    At some point, you people will realize offensive efficiency > the actual number of points scored. Until then, SIGH.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Free throws...wtf? I think it is reasonable to put that on a coach.
    Last edited by ffcatfan; 02-15-2014 at 09:46 AM.

Baltimore Blowfish TraneofThought's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by ffcatfan View Post
    Free throws...wtf? I think it is reasonable to put that on a coach.
    I'm curious...do you people ACTUALLY believe that Sean Miller ignores free throw shooting as a practice tool or something? I'm seriously starting to wonder.

No one here is more pissed than I am about that abortion last night, but some of these posts are flat out f*cking ridiculous. In what universe is the players missing free throws in a game setting the fault of the coach?? He can't force guys to shoot free throws for 24 hours straight. The NCAA and, I don't know, REASON, would probably frown on that.

I mean, would you rather have Randy Bennett? Jim Boylen?? Tim Floyd???????? Do you think those guys would do a better job "coaching" in-game free throw shooting?? I mean, seriously, WHAT THE F*CK ARE WE TALKING ABOUT HERE????

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Please stop blaming tech fouls for end of game theatrics. It should have never even come down to that. Instead blame out trash offense over the pAst 6+ games. Brick Johnson is back in full force and the freshman can't hit a 10-15 foot shot to save their family. And let's not get started on free throws.

This is game should have been an easy and I mean easy 15+ point win. So **** the crying about officiating, and technical foul talk for end of game trash. You deserve to lose if u can't shoot above 40% as a team and above 60% from the foul line

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by moosety2008 View Post
    Please stop blaming tech fouls for end of game theatrics. It should have never even come down to that. Instead blame out trash offense over the pAst 6+ games. Brick Johnson is back in full force and the freshman can't hit a 10-15 foot shot to save their family. And let's not get started on free throws.

This is game should have been an easy and I mean easy 15+ point win. So **** the crying about officiating, and technical foul talk for end of game trash. You deserve to lose if u can't shoot above 40% as a team and above 60% from the foul line
    Exactly. We should have led by 15 at the half and then buried them. Great D is not gonna cut it when you shoot like we did. The ref should never be a factor

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Agree completly No excuses. We were terrible as far as our offense was concerned. Can't expect many victories with this production

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I don't see many people blaming the refs for the loss. But we have every right to be upset that rules are not being enforced, and we have every right to call out the PAC12 on their absolutely pathetic officiating crews.

40 minutes of fun for us, 40 minutes of pain for you. ARIZONA WILDCATS BASKETBALL.
    "On my deathbed, my final wish is to have my ex-wives rush to my side so I can use my dying breath to tell them both to go to hell one last time." - Ron Swanson

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

We ran the same offensive play the entire 2nd ot. And it worked. Went away from it and that's what we got. Honestly millers offense isn't the problem. The players are just struggling to be completely honest.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Pay the Choll Toll View Post
    We ran the same offensive play the entire 2nd ot. And it worked. Went away from it and that's what we got. Honestly millers offense isn't the problem. The players are just struggling to be completely honest.
    You do realize that we don't even score 70 a game in pac play.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

You do realize that we don't even score 70 a game in pac play.
    thank you, they dont understand that..our great offense isnt doing anything but allowing us to barely come away with wins. you guys do realize we arent even playing ranked opponents right ? even when the shots are falling we still dont have a high end game score.
    The difference is VAST

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I won't say it but it rhymes with shmashmortion.
    I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Kaleb Tarczewski, C 45 3-8 0-0 7-10 6 7 13 0 0 0 2 4 13
    Aaron Gordon, F 46 5-9 0-1 3-8 0 10 10 3 0 0 1 4 13
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, F 45 3-4 0-0 3-4 3 5 8 1 2 1 2 2 9
    T.J. McConnell, G 47 7-15 3-5 0-2 1 4 5 2 1 1 6 3 17
    Nick Johnson, G 45 5-20 1-6 3-6 0 9 9 3 2 0 3 3 14
    BENCH MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Matt Korcheck, F 1 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 1 0 0 1 0
    Elliott Pitts, G 5 0-2 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 0
    Jordin Mayes, G 2 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0
    Gabe York, G 14 0-6 0-4 0-0 2 1 3 0 0 0 1 2 0
    TOTALS FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    23-64 4-16 16-30 18 36 54 9 6 2 15 20 66
    35.9% 25.0% 53.3%

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

We shot 35.9% from the field. 25% from 3point range and 53% at the freethrow line! and u guys are complaining about technical fouls and the refs? WTF?

we did exactly as we always do on defense. ASU shot 40% from the floor, 33% 3point range and 57.7% freethrows. That's pathetic!! Yet we were worse.

in now our two loses we've shot less than 36% from the floor while holding our opponents to 40%. Let's be real, this is not on the coach, our players can not ****ing shoot

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

We shot 35.9% from the field. 25% from 3point range and 53% at the freethrow line! and u guys are complaining about technical fouls and the refs? WTF?

we did exactly as we always do on defense. ASU shot 40% from the floor, 33% 3point range and 57.7% freethrows. That's pathetic!! Yet we were worse.

in now our two loses we've shot less than 36% from the floor while holding our opponents to 40%. Let's be real, this is not on the coach, our players can not ****ing shoot

Who recruited the players? Who coaches them? How do you blame a kid but not blame a guy who make millions to maximize them.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Who recruited the players? Who coaches them? How do you blame a kid but not blame a guy who make millions to maximize them.
    Catdefender youre rediculous. We have almost 4 mcdonalds all Americans on this team. Please shut it with regards to coach Miller and his offense.

the. Bottom line is our players are missing open shots and half their freethrows. That 100% on them and not the coach. Nice try though

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

We should have scored more points. It is on the kids-but it is history now and we have to hope that the team can learn from this experience and move on. It is all up to the CATS now- Bear Down or go home

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Who was complaining about the players during the first 17 to 18 games? Who was complaining about who recruited them during those games. When did these players start to miss wide open shots regularly? I could be wrong(but I seriously doubt it on this), but I believe it was when the press finally started believing they're great. I believe it was when the NBA scouts started showing up at games in numbers. I believe it was when all of the Wildcat fans were saying every day how great this team is and how far it'll go.

If you think it's Coach Miller's fault that the players started to feel the pressure of all of this caused by Coach Miller getting them to the #1 position in the country and keeping them there for 8 weeks....then what should he do? Should he make sure that they're not good enough to be exposed to that pressure so that they play a smooth even effort season?

The problem is that these young men want to get to the next level of a sport that they all love, but they haven't learned to handle the pressures that playing good enough to be considered for a job at that next level brings. How will they handle the pressures to perform when they are at the next level and getting paid the big bucks? That's one of the things that the NBA scouts/teams are looking for. They want young men that can handle the pressure and still play a great game. Look at Aaron. They want him and he isn't what is considered a great scorer. But he keeps going ALL THE TIME. Even when the Wildcats are losing, he keeps going. In other words, he doesn't buckle to the pressure. He will still play as hard as he can. That in my opinion is one the many things these young men need to learn. You don't have to set records scoring, hang from the rim so everyone knows you made a basket at the end of the game. You have to keep playing, trying your best, no matter what is going on.

Who do you think the NBA would rather have, the guy who held his ground and blocked a shot(which is who won that game) or the guy who went down and scored two extra points instead of just running out the clock, and then hung from the rim to get all the attention he could...leaving time on the clock which could have tied the game and caused another overtime? Jahii will get a job playing basketball. Probably someplace like India. Bachynski will go to the NBA.

The Wildcats need to stop thinking about the next level until they've been hired to play there. Until then they are in college playing basketball and need to enjoy it and if they want to get to the next level...This is where they have the opportunity to improve their game which is what will get them to the next level. Worrying about getting there will make sure you don't! JMO
    Last edited by titan4wildcats; 02-15-2014 at 09:49 AM.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post
    Who was complaining about the players during the first 17 to 18 games? Who was complaining about who recruited them during those games. When did these players start to miss wide open shots regularly? I could be wrong(but I seriously doubt it on this), but I believe it was when the press finally started believing they're great. I believe it was when the NBA scouts started showing up at games in numbers. I believe it was when all of the Wildcat fans were saying every day how great this team is and how far it'll go.

If you think it's Coach Miller's fault that the players started to feel the pressure of all of this caused by Coach Miller getting them to the #1 position in the country and keeping them there for 8 weeks....then what should he do? Should he make sure that they're not good enough to be exposed to that pressure so that they play a smooth even effort season?

The problem is that these young men want to get to the next level of a sport that they all love, but they haven't learned to handle the pressures that playing good enough to be considered for a job at that next level brings. How will they handle the pressures to perform when they are at the next level and getting paid the big bucks? That's one of the things that the NBA scouts/teams are looking for. They want young men that can handle the pressure and still play a great game. Look at Aaron. They want him and he isn't what is considered a great scorer. But he keeps going ALL THE TIME. Even when the Wildcats are losing, he keeps going. In other words, he doesn't buckle to the pressure. He will still play as hard as he can. That in my opinion is one the many things these young men need to learn. You don't have to set records scoring, hang from the rim so everyone knows you made a basket at the end of the game. You have to keep playing, trying your best, no matter what is going on.

Who do you think the NBA would rather have, the guy who held his ground and blocked a shot(which is who won that game) or the guy who went down and scored two extra points instead of just running out the clock, and then hung from the rim to get all the attention he could...leaving time on the clock which could have tied the game and caused another overtime? Jahii will get a job playing basketball. Probably someplace like India. Bachynski will go to the NBA.

The Wildcats need to stop thinking about the next level until they've been hired to play there. Until then they are in college playing basketball and need to enjoy it and if they want to get to the next level...This is where they have the opportunity to improve their game which is what will get them to the next level. Worrying about getting there will make sure you don't! JMO

I think all the talk of who will declare who will stay and thoughts about the next level are exactly what has caused this disturbing trend. I recall it all started after the Colorado game.

Ever since chatter about nick Johnson being player of the year started buzzing he's fallen flat, and I mean flat on his own face. It can only be attributed to this. Prior to that we handled business, Gordon could shoot, Johnson was a near 40% 3point shooter. McConnell was averaging a 3:1 assist to turnover ratio, and all was quality.

since chatter of who stays and and leaves started this team has spiraled down and hard.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

IF WE CAN'T HIT FREE THOWS- we are n big trouble. I love the cats but right now we don't deserve to be in the top 6

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

How about the atrocity of our team scoring only 66pts in a 2OT game?

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

TJ McConnell 6 TOs. 2 Assists.
    I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast