Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 31 of 41

RHJ

  1. #1
    Wildcat Fan anguskahn's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    204
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    23760

    Default RHJ

    Chad Ford now has RHJ going 1st round at 28th on his big board.

    Man, I really hope he stays another year but his value seems to be skyrocketing. When we win the NC this it will be impossible for him to say no to the NBA.

    Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

  2. #2
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    I hate to say it, but we need to make room some where, something has to give lol, i guess he could slide over into the 4 but the ashley will be back at some point
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  3. #3
    Wildcat Fan moosety2008's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    813
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    35843

    Default

    We will have at least 3-4 players enter the draft IMO. If not, we're better for it

  4. #4
    Rawdoggy Dog El Cunado's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Henderson, NV
    Posts
    1,435
    Pick Em Rank
    1
    Rep Power
    588636

    Default

    RHJ strikes me as a kid who is really enjoying the college experience. I'm not saying he won't leave early (whether it's this year or the next two years), but even if he winds up being about 20th on the big board I could see him coming back for one more year to get even better and vault himself into the top 10.
    "I know Ms. Pac-Man is special. She's fun. She's cute. She swallows."

  5. #5
    Seattle Silver Foxes UA_in_FL's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    Pick Em Rank
    31
    Rep Power
    112247

    Default

    I think he is gone if he is projected high enough in the draft. He has mentioned in the past about giving back to Chester, he has strong ties to that area and if he can do that earlier than was envisioned, he will do that.

  6. #6
    Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    268
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    29068

    Default

    yea i think if he's projected as a lottery pick he'll leave. the man has big plans for his mom, i wouldnt be mad if he left, he needs to develop a consistant jumper though
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

  7. #7
    PGU OG Wyo's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Rock Springs, WY --> The Dirty T
    Posts
    7,538
    Pick Em Rank
    30
    Rep Power
    6401436

    Default

    Originally Posted by UA_in_FL View Post
    I think he is gone if he is projected high enough in the draft. He has mentioned in the past about giving back to Chester, he has strong ties to that area and if he can do that earlier than was envisioned, he will do that.

    He could give back a lot more to chester if hes a too ten pick than a late first rounder. But we'll see if he continues to tear it up the rest of the way he could play hinself into lottery discussion

  8. #8
    Sonoran Hoops Cartel Hellas's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    206
    Pick Em Rank
    97
    Rep Power
    1389

    Default

    rondae just doesnt strike me as one and done type player. not that hes not good enough, but more of a personality thing. if he stays for next season he will certainly be gone after that. either way i hope he has a stellar rest of this season

  9. #9
    Norcal Ninjas bengcord3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Posts
    4,875
    Pick Em Rank
    78
    Rep Power
    85356

    Default

    I hate to say it but I think RHJ is gone. If he's at 28 now, where will he end up after he continues to dominate (and he will) and shows what he's made of in the tourney? Like others have said, Rondae is determined to start being that role model for the kids in Chester, and to help his Mom and city out and I think anything top 20 (and have you looked at mock drafts, is Doug McDermott really going to get drafted ahead of Rondae????) and he's outta here.

  10. #10
    RawDoggy Style IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Member Since
    May 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    7,046
    Pick Em Rank
    2
    Rep Power
    7661134

    Default

    I'm pretty sure his brother is playing in europe and while it's no where near NBA money, players still make pretty good money so the fam may not be hurting for money quite as much as they would without that.

  11. #11
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    Originally Posted by bengcord3 View Post
    I hate to say it but I think RHJ is gone. If he's at 28 now, where will he end up after he continues to dominate (and he will) and shows what he's made of in the tourney? Like others have said, Rondae is determined to start being that role model for the kids in Chester, and to help his Mom and city out and I think anything top 20 (and have you looked at mock drafts, is Doug McDermott really going to get drafted ahead of Rondae????) and he's outta here.
    This is kind of my thought, we get back ashley but at the cost of giving up RHJ
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  12. #12
    Wildcat Fan littlegeorge's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,029
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    137221

    Default

    Those who say RHJ and AG dont have the O to go right away seemed to forget about a few of the guys who made a livi g playing D and rebounding. Rodman made a career of it.

  13. #13
    Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    499
    Pick Em Rank
    40
    Rep Power
    52808

    Default

    Originally Posted by littlegeorge View Post
    Those who say RHJ and AG dont have the O to go right away seemed to forget about a few of the guys who made a livi g playing D and rebounding. Rodman made a career of it.
    Rodman was also a 2nd round pick, not a lottery pick.

  14. #14
    Wildcat Fan jackg44's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    119
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    9207

    Default

    Even if AG and RHJ go, our 2014 front line of Zeus, Ashley, Stanley and Craig Victor ain't all that shabby.

  15. #15
    Wildcat Fan Trumpet Cat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    18
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I'm just gonna enjoy the ride and worry about this stuff come April. No one will be disappointed if we lose 3-4 to the draft after winning the NC.

  16. #16
    Wildcat Fan Born & Breaded AZ's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Baltimore, MD
    Posts
    35
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Originally Posted by jackg44 View Post
    Even if AG and RHJ go, our 2014 front line of Zeus, Ashley, Stanley and Craig Victor ain't all that shabby.
    I agree to a point but just remember 2 of those guys you mention will be freshmen. And as we all know ALL Hyped up freshmen don't develop into studs all the time!

  17. #17
    Wildcat Fan buzzard's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2011
    Location
    East Bay - NorCal
    Posts
    683
    Pick Em Rank
    189
    Rep Power
    14866

    Default

    It's Iggy all over again.

    We saw Dre come in his freshman year and surprise a lot of people with a skill set very similar to RHJ. He stayed another year, improved his offense then went lotto.
    He'll be back unless he projects lottery by March/April. But I don't think that will happen.

  18. #18
    Wildcat Fan desertdink's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    382
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    40679

    Default

    Right now here are RHJ's stats...

    Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 24 24.1 8.5 5.6 1.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 .477 .637 .167

    However, consider just the last two games where he has started...

    With Oregon...
    Arizona Wildcats
    STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, F 34 6-10 0-0 2-2 4 6 10 3 1 2 1 2 14

    With Oregon State...
    Arizona Wildcats
    STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, F 29 6-13 0-0 4-5 3 2 5 3 2 0 1 3 16

    Now consider the averages if you only consider the TWO games above he actually STARTED...

    Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2 31.5 15.0 7.5 3.0 1.5 1.0 1.0 .531 .857 --

    So...How long before RHJ gets on ESPN's Fatuous Freshman Focus?

    Jabari Parker...19.2 PTS, 8.5 REB, 1.3 AST (avg 29.7 MIN)
    Tyler Ennis...11.8 PTS, 3.3 REB, 5.7 AST (avg 34.4 MIN)
    Andrew Wiggins...16.0 PTS, 5.9 REB, 1.6 AST (avg 32.4 MIN)
    Julius Randle...16.0 PTS, 9.8 REB, 1.7 AST (avg 29.6 MIN)
    Aaron Gordon...11.8 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.7 AST (avg 30.8 MIN)
    Joel Embiid...10.7 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.3 AST (avg 22.3 MIN)
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson...15.0 PTS, 7.5 REB, 3.0 AST (avg 31.5 MIN)

    Rondae puts up a couple more games like the last two and he will be hard to ignore...


  19. #19
    Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    268
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    29068

    Default

    Originally Posted by desertdink View Post
    Right now here are RHJ's stats...

    Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 24 24.1 8.5 5.6 1.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 .477 .637 .167

    However, consider just the last two games where he has started...

    With Oregon...
    Arizona Wildcats
    STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, F 34 6-10 0-0 2-2 4 6 10 3 1 2 1 2 14

    With Oregon State...
    Arizona Wildcats
    STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, F 29 6-13 0-0 4-5 3 2 5 3 2 0 1 3 16

    Now consider the averages if you only consider the TWO games above he actually STARTED...

    Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2 31.5 15.0 7.5 3.0 1.5 1.0 1.0 .531 .857 --

    So...How long before RHJ gets on ESPN's Fatuous Freshman Focus?

    Jabari Parker...19.2 PTS, 8.5 REB, 1.3 AST (avg 29.7 MIN)
    Tyler Ennis...11.8 PTS, 3.3 REB, 5.7 AST (avg 34.4 MIN)
    Andrew Wiggins...16.0 PTS, 5.9 REB, 1.6 AST (avg 32.4 MIN)
    Julius Randle...16.0 PTS, 9.8 REB, 1.7 AST (avg 29.6 MIN)
    Aaron Gordon...11.8 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.7 AST (avg 30.8 MIN)
    Joel Embiid...10.7 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.3 AST (avg 22.3 MIN)
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson...15.0 PTS, 7.5 REB, 3.0 AST (avg 31.5 MIN)

    Rondae puts up a couple more games like the last two and he will be hard to ignore...


    wow
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

  20. #20
    Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    32.235608, -110.953251
    Posts
    2,488
    Pick Em Rank
    93
    Rep Power
    685582

    Default

    I'm fine with this. AG and RHJ leaving in the 1st round would be a good recruiting pitch for us in the long term.

  21. #21
    Seattle Silver Foxes UA_in_FL's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,713
    Pick Em Rank
    31
    Rep Power
    112247

    Default

    Originally Posted by AztecWildcat View Post
    I'm fine with this. AG and RHJ leaving in the 1st round would be a good recruiting pitch for us in the long term.
    ....as long as we win the ship!

  22. #22
    MartysCardiacCats G2Martinez's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Phoenix (Scum Devil Central)
    Posts
    55
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    33810

    Default

    Originally Posted by UA_in_FL View Post
    ....as long as we win the ship!
    ^^^THIS!!!....WILL HAPPEN! :-D

  23. #23
    Wildcat Fan NastinessIsRequired's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    86
    Pick Em Rank
    182
    Rep Power
    26307

    Default

    Great post!

  24. #24
    Wildcat Fan NastinessIsRequired's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    86
    Pick Em Rank
    182
    Rep Power
    26307

    Default

    I meant this, ha. Grandpa is still figuring out computers.
    Originally Posted by azfansincebirth View Post
    wow

  25. #25
    Will BTFD Forever Rocky3838's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    745
    Pick Em Rank
    51
    Rep Power
    74452

    Default

    Originally Posted by desertdink View Post
    Right now here are RHJ's stats...

    Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 24 24.1 8.5 5.6 1.7 0.8 0.9 1.0 .477 .637 .167

    However, consider just the last two games where he has started...

    With Oregon...
    Arizona Wildcats
    STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, F 34 6-10 0-0 2-2 4 6 10 3 1 2 1 2 14

    With Oregon State...
    Arizona Wildcats
    STARTERS MIN FGM-A 3PM-A FTM-A OREB DREB REB AST STL BLK TO PF PTS
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson, F 29 6-13 0-0 4-5 3 2 5 3 2 0 1 3 16

    Now consider the averages if you only consider the TWO games above he actually STARTED...

    Player GP MIN PPG RPG APG SPG BPG TPG FG% FT% 3P%
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson 2 31.5 15.0 7.5 3.0 1.5 1.0 1.0 .531 .857 --

    So...How long before RHJ gets on ESPN's Fatuous Freshman Focus?

    Jabari Parker...19.2 PTS, 8.5 REB, 1.3 AST (avg 29.7 MIN)
    Tyler Ennis...11.8 PTS, 3.3 REB, 5.7 AST (avg 34.4 MIN)
    Andrew Wiggins...16.0 PTS, 5.9 REB, 1.6 AST (avg 32.4 MIN)
    Julius Randle...16.0 PTS, 9.8 REB, 1.7 AST (avg 29.6 MIN)
    Aaron Gordon...11.8 PTS, 8.0 REB, 1.7 AST (avg 30.8 MIN)
    Joel Embiid...10.7 PTS, 7.8 REB, 1.3 AST (avg 22.3 MIN)
    Rondae Hollis-Jefferson...15.0 PTS, 7.5 REB, 3.0 AST (avg 31.5 MIN)

    Rondae puts up a couple more games like the last two and he will be hard to ignore...

    And aside from Gordon has the highest motor and defensive skill set of these freshmen.

  26. #26
    Norcal Ninjas bengcord3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Posts
    4,875
    Pick Em Rank
    78
    Rep Power
    85356

    Default

    Originally Posted by jackg44 View Post
    Even if AG and RHJ go, our 2014 front line of Zeus, Ashley, Stanley and Craig Victor ain't all that shabby.
    how many times must I (and I am sure others have said it plenty) repeat that CV will not be ready to produce as a freshman! KT, BA (once healthy, which isn't a guarantee) and SJ will be our front line. That's why it would be so nice to have RHJ back next year

  27. #27
    Wildcat Fan arizona_pausch's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    347
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    21167

    Default

    Originally Posted by bengcord3 View Post
    how many times must I (and I am sure others have said it plenty) repeat that CV will not be ready to produce as a freshman! KT, BA (once healthy, which isn't a guarantee) and SJ will be our front line. That's why it would be so nice to have RHJ back next year
    You can say it all you want, but give some legit reasons why....I'm pumped you know this but I'd like to know you're reasoning

  28. #28
    Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    268
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    29068

    Default

    Originally Posted by NastinessIsRequired View Post
    I meant this, ha. Grandpa is still figuring out computers.
    im no grandpa, im younger than you think actually, and i said "wow" because of how his adjusted stats stacked up against others on the freshman focus.
    working a computer has never been an issue
    Last edited by azfansincebirth; 02-12-2014 at 01:45 PM.
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

  29. #29
    Will BTFD Forever Rocky3838's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Az
    Posts
    745
    Pick Em Rank
    51
    Rep Power
    74452

    Default

    IMO this was a 2 year plan for RHJ from jump. I hope he stays so he can anchor our D next year.

  30. #30
    Howler Monkeys aaa's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    5,736
    Pick Em Rank
    107
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by bengcord3 View Post
    how many times must I (and I am sure others have said it plenty) repeat that CV will not be ready to produce as a freshman!
    Why not? I think everyone is expecting him to be a vital part of the post rotation next year.

  31. #31
    Yay Area Killa Beez AzJunky's Avatar
    Member Since
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    617
    Pick Em Rank
    92
    Rep Power
    169645

    Default

    I thought from the beginning of this year that we would lose 2/4 of our front line guys after this season, originally I figured it would be Gordon and Ashley but if its Jefferson instead of Ashley then we will still be perfectly ok moving forward. I already have and am going to continue to wish rondae all the personal success possible that comes along with his increased minutes and helping us win. If he decides to go then he has my support, if he choses to stay then CBB better watch out next year.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •