Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 31 of 32

Zimmerman

  1. #1
    Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    267
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    29068

    Default Zimmerman

    http://zagsblog.com/articles/zimmerm...n/#more-110169

    Stephen Zimmerman, the 7-foot center from Las Vegas Bishop Gorman ranked No. 2 in the Class of 2015 by Rivals, says three coaches have made a strong impression on him and his family during recruiting.

    “Coach Calipari from Kentucky, Coach Pitino from Louisville and Coach Miller from Arizona are a few,” Zimmerman told MidMajorHoopsReport.com in a written interview.

    Zimmerman says he’s planning to take a few unofficials in the summer and then officials next fall.

    “I’ve done unofficials to UNLV, UCLA and Arizona,” he said. “I may try to do a few unofficials this summer. I plan on scheduling my official visits for October & November before my Senior season begins.”

    Zimmerman plays alongside fellow 2015 big man Chase Jeter on the Dream Vision AAU team and Jeter is being courted hard by Duke, North Carolina, Arizona, Kansas and UCLA, Dream Vision director Clay Williams told SNY.tv.

    He is set to visit Duke March 8 for the North Carolina game. Jeter previously told SNY.tv that he didn’t think he and Zimmerman would wind up at the same school, but Williams doesn’t rule it out.

    “A lot of coaches say, ‘Hey, should we recruit one or or the other?’ and I say, ‘No, you gotta recruit ‘em both.’ They may say that [they won't go to college together] because they play together. They’re not brothers per se, but there’s a lot of rivalry there. They’re competitive.

    “I wouldn’t be shocked [if they went to college together].”
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

  2. #2
    Wildcat Fan Seans Cough's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    902
    Pick Em Rank
    147
    Rep Power
    99893

    Default

    He's not coming here. I hope Jeter does though.
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

  3. #3
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    i hope he comes here
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  4. #4
    Wildcat Fan 206 Wildcatswag's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    53
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    I will take one rabb please hold the Gorman.

  5. #5
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    FYI... it is not Rabb vs Zimmerman. They play different positions now and will likely in college..
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  6. #6
    Go strong to the mouth! Catbus's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Henderson/LasVegas, NV
    Posts
    1,441
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    1611816

    Default

    Originally Posted by HSP View Post
    FYI... it is not Rabb vs Zimmerman. They play different positions now and will likely in college..
    Rabb would be an outstanding college center at nearly any school in the country.
    "You're ruining the private forum."
    -ACE

  7. #7
    Solid Player Bacon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Pick Em Rank
    123
    Rep Power
    8474904

    Default

    Rabb would be the best starting center for any school in the nation next year. Sure if you're lucky enough to land a high level center to play next to him he could man the 4 just fine, but there's not one school who wouldn't have him man the 5 full time.

    We're not landing Zimmerman HSP, give it up. The Rice brothers don't let their guys play for Arizona.

  8. #8
    Wildcat Fan poobutt's Avatar
    Member Since
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Tucson
    Posts
    36
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    66451

    Default

    Where does Arizona stand with Thon Maker for 2016? Just in case there Miller & Co isn't able to grab a blue chip center in 2015.

  9. #9
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    Originally Posted by poobutt View Post
    Where does Arizona stand with Thon Maker for 2016? Just in case there Miller & Co isn't able to grab a blue chip center in 2015.
    Well Sean is quite a bit shorter when standing next to Thon. But we might have a shot, but given his Geographic location and the schools close to that offering him now, it won't be easy.
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  10. #10
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    Originally Posted by Catbus View Post
    Rabb would be an outstanding college center at nearly any school in the country.
    Originally Posted by Text PGU to 88202 View Post
    Rabb would be the best starting center for any school in the nation next year. Sure if you're lucky enough to land a high level center to play next to him he could man the 4 just fine, but there's not one school who wouldn't have him man the 5 full time.

    We're not landing Zimmerman HSP, give it up. The Rice brothers don't let their guys play for Arizona.
    So you guys are under the notion that the #1 guy in the nation is going to go and play Center in college and not his natural NBA position the 4? You know I've been wrong and I'll be wrong in the future, but based on the schools looking at him. I sure hope he is adamant about playing the 4.
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  11. #11
    Rogue DoubleDown's Avatar
    Member Since
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Scottsdeezy
    Posts
    845
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    177180

    Default

    Wize, the UNLV BG connection is obvious, but why anti-UofA? Does Livengood have anything to do with it? Are they ok with Stanford and UCLA or was Roscoe and Shabbazz already too far in motion prior to Dave taking the job at UNLV?

  12. #12
    Solid Player Bacon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Pick Em Rank
    123
    Rep Power
    8474904

    Default

    Originally Posted by HSP View Post
    So you guys are under the notion that the #1 guy in the nation is going to go and play Center in college and not his natural NBA position the 4? You know I've been wrong and I'll be wrong in the future, but based on the schools looking at him. I sure hope he is adamant about playing the 4.
    Quick name all the college centers who will go on to be a NBA 5 and not a NBA 4 if they're lucky enough to get there. No matter where Rabb goes he will get burn at the 5 whether he starts the game there or not, so what's the difference? Maybe if Comanche proves to be immediately effective then Rabb would start at the 4 here if we land both. We're not landing Zimm though, so I don't see the point in fawning over him.

    Also playing your NBA position has to be the most overrated thing ever for a guy's draft stock. If you want to be drafted highly you play your best position period to stick out. Derrick Williams, Russell Westbrook, Eric Bledsoe, Jared Sullinger, Channing Frye, etc., etc. If Rabb's best position right now is center he should play all the center he can handle to get drafted as high as possible.

    Originally Posted by DoubleDown View Post
    Wize, the UNLV BG connection is obvious, but why anti-UofA? Does Livengood have anything to do with it? Are they ok with Stanford and UCLA or was Roscoe and Shabbazz already too far in motion prior to Dave taking the job at UNLV?
    Bazz to UCLA was all an Adidas family thing. What threat is Stanford to the Rices? Lol I don't know what Livengood would have to do with it. All I know is that Arizona has another 3 games left in its series with UNLV and it'll likely be extended, so I don't think the Rices will go out of their way to supe up Arizona or any Western rival that UNLV plays consistently anytime soon.

  13. #13
    Dublin Celtics Ned Zissou's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    596
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    271272

    Default

    why would the UNLV coach have any say or influence where Zimm goes to college, if Zimm is not going to UNLV?

  14. #14
    Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    267
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    29068

    Default

    Originally Posted by Text PGU to 88202 View Post

    Bazz to UCLA was all an Adidas family thing. What threat is Stanford to the Rices? Lol I don't know what Livengood would have to do with it. All I know is that Arizona has another 3 games left in its series with UNLV and it'll likely be extended, so I don't think the Rices will go out of their way to supe up Arizona or any Western rival that UNLV plays consistently anytime soon.

    politics as usual (jay Z voice)
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

  15. #15
    Solid Player Bacon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Pick Em Rank
    123
    Rep Power
    8474904

    Default

    Originally Posted by Ned Zissou View Post
    why would the UNLV coach have any say or influence where Zimm goes to college, if Zimm is not going to UNLV?
    Rice's brother is the head coach of Bishop Gorman. He's not running Zimm's recruitment by any stretch, but HS coaches can influence their players in certain ways. It's very predominant in HS football, but it definitely happens in HS basketball. A HS coach has screwed over Arizona not too long ago and low and behold it involved unlv.

    As far as Zimm goes UNLV sure is a player in that recruitment.

  16. #16
    Wildcat Fan cmcgowan702's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Spokane,WA
    Posts
    482
    Pick Em Rank
    156
    Rep Power
    48446

    Default

    Originally Posted by Text PGU to 88202 View Post
    A HS coach has screwed over Arizona not too long ago and low and behold it involved unlv.
    Dwayne Morgan's coach?
    Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor, the accountant. Probably a great golfer... huge ass.

  17. #17
    Old Pueblo Peyote Poppers ZonaZoo2014's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    818
    Pick Em Rank
    48
    Rep Power
    148886

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wcatsbball4lyfe View Post
    He's not coming here. I hope Jeter does though.
    I'll just put this here ... http://zagsblog.com/duke/aau-coach-d...s-chase-jeter/

    I don't think Jeter is coming here personally, but this mentions Zona so maybe we can feed on it for a while.

  18. #18
    Old Pueblo Peyote Poppers ZonaZoo2014's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    818
    Pick Em Rank
    48
    Rep Power
    148886

    Default

    Originally Posted by Wcatsbball4lyfe View Post
    He's not coming here. I hope Jeter does though.
    I'll just put this here ... http://zagsblog.com/duke/aau-coach-d...s-chase-jeter/

    I don't think Jeter is coming here personally, but this mentions Zona so maybe we can feed on it for a while.

  19. #19
    Solid Player Bacon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Pick Em Rank
    123
    Rep Power
    8474904

    Default

    Chance Comanche sure seems to be rising the charts as of late.

  20. #20
    FUPA Puncher BillBrasky3's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    Posts
    307
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    26

    Default

    There are very few differences between the 4 & 5 positions in college. Although we have one, true "5's" are very rare in this day and age. A team would have to have some serious size for Rabb not to be playing the 5 in college.

  21. #21
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    Originally Posted by Catbus View Post
    Rabb would be an outstanding college center at nearly any school in the country.
    Originally Posted by Text PGU to 88202 View Post
    Rabb would be the best starting center for any school in the nation next year. Sure if you're lucky enough to land a high level center to play next to him he could man the 4 just fine, but there's not one school who wouldn't have him man the 5 full time.

    We're not landing Zimmerman HSP, give it up. The Rice brothers don't let their guys play for Arizona.
    Originally Posted by BillBrasky3 View Post
    There are very few differences between the 4 & 5 positions in college. Although we have one, true "5's" are very rare in this day and age. A team would have to have some serious size for Rabb not to be playing the 5 in college.
    like a player like zeus?

    top programs can get who they need.

    I want zimm and rabb
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  22. #22
    Solid Player Bacon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Pick Em Rank
    123
    Rep Power
    8474904

    Default

    Originally Posted by HSP View Post
    like a player like zeus?

    top programs can get who they need.

    I want zimm and rabb
    Congratulations, you named exactly one. You got us.

    Duke is a top program, they wish they knew what a true NBA center looked like this year.

  23. #23
    Old Pueblo Peyote Poppers ZonaZoo2014's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    818
    Pick Em Rank
    48
    Rep Power
    148886

    Default

    Originally Posted by Text PGU to 88202 View Post
    Chance Comanche sure seems to be rising the charts as of late.
    WOW no kidding! He's anywhere from #15 to 27 in reliable recruiting services (I don't count ESPN here). #15 Rivals, #24 247 and #27 on Scout. Definitely has a chance to start right away if he continues to improve.

  24. #24
    Wildcat Fan Statman's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Arlington, Texas
    Posts
    10,002,638
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    8156794

    Default

    Originally Posted by Text PGU to 88202 View Post
    Congratulations, you named exactly one. You got us.

    Duke is a top program, they wish they knew what a true NBA center looked like this year.
    Rabb can go to NMSU and play w/ the Bhullars if he HAS to play the 4.

    I so don't care about player position assignments.

  25. #25
    Wildcat Fan Seans Cough's Avatar
    Member Since
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Banned
    Posts
    902
    Pick Em Rank
    147
    Rep Power
    99893

    Default

    You want a 7 footer who likes to play on the perimeter?
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

  26. #26
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    I mean why would we want him? UNC / UK / and UL are falling over themselves to get him...

    http://blogs.courier-journal.com/rec...an-impression/
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  27. #27
    Baltimore Blowfish HSP's Avatar
    Member Since
    Apr 2009
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    2,133
    Pick Em Rank
    96
    Rep Power
    926096

    Default

    Miller on the U18 team has to help in regards to any "previous" animosity HS coaches had

    I want Zimm
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"


  28. #28
    Wildcat Fan Statfreak101's Avatar
    Member Since
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    360
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    6195

    Default

    Rabb & Comanche...that is where it starts for me...

  29. #29
    Wildcat Fan moosety2008's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    813
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    35843

    Default

    Don't forget Carlton Bragg!

    rabb, Bragg, Comanche, Dorsey, (Zimmerman). ... Man that would be eye gauging!

  30. #30
    Solid Player Bacon's Avatar
    Member Since
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    1,348
    Pick Em Rank
    123
    Rep Power
    8474904

    Default

    Originally Posted by moosety2008 View Post
    Don't forget Carlton Bragg!

    rabb, Bragg, Comanche, Dorsey, (Zimmerman). ... Man that would be eye gauging!
    There's no way Arizona lands all 3 of Rabb, Bragg, & Comanche.

  31. #31
    "He touched the ball" Wildcat_13's Avatar
    Member Since
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    1,339
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A
    Rep Power
    206183

    Default

    Originally Posted by www.facebook.com/pointguardu View Post
    Rabb would be the best starting center for any school in the nation next year. Sure if you're lucky enough to land a high level center to play next to him he could man the 4 just fine, but there's not one school who wouldn't have him man the 5 full time.

    We're not landing Zimmerman HSP, give it up. The Rice brothers don't let their guys play for Arizona.
    So we don't have much of a chance with Jeter either?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  • Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •