Arizona without BrAsh

surrounded by an army of 2. Which i created...
    Pick Em Rank

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Pretty much the same positives/negatives I have regarding Ashley's injury.

I really don't see Arizona's defense falling off much...but offensively, I have some real concerns.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I address this a little in my last article - just in simple terms (HnI of "top 6" rotations).

http://hoopsnerd.com/?p=157

Personally - I have little faith in Jordin outside of being maybe a + perimeter defender, but Korcheck and possibly Pitts may be totally fine in their 5 to 10 combined minutes we may occasionally see game to game. There is no way they are some drop off at 7-9 compared to, say, what Wichita State has at 7-9. I won't address it in terms of ratings for now, since there's too little data.

This is still arguably the very best defensive team in the entire nation - even if Mayes/Korcheck/Pitts see a few minutes and RHJ/York have minutes increases. There won't be much of a drop off in rebounding - RHJ and Korcheck are probably better rebounders than BA. RHJ will get his rebounds on the offensive end better than ANY Wildcat, and is a much more versatile defender.

BA's range and ability to hit the open J will hurt. He isn't a volume shooter, but nailing a few nice open looks a game helps keep defenses honest.

TJ McConnell HAS to shoot more and more efficiently from range. I think he will, he is a better shooter/scorer than he's shown.

It is imperative Zeus/AG/RHJ continue to stay out of foul trouble in general. Two of these guys in foul trouble in any given game could be very tough.
    Last edited by Statman; 02-04-2014 at 10:18 AM. Reason: typo

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    I address this a little in my last article - just in simple terms (HnI of "top 6" rotations).

Personally - I have little faith in Jordin outside of being maybe a + perimeter defender, but Korcheck and possibly Pitts may be totally fine in their 5 to 10 combined minutes we may occasionally see game to game. There is no way they are some drop off at 7-9 compared to, say, what Wichita State has at 7-9. I won't address it in terms of ratings for now, since there's too little data.

This is still arguably the very best defensive team in the entire nation - even if Mayes/Korcheck/Pitts see a few minutes and RHJ/York have minutes increases. There won't be much of a drop off in rebounding - RHJ and Korcheck are probably better rebounders than BA. RHJ will get his rebounds on the offensive end better than ANY Wildcat, and is a much more versatile defender.

BA's range and ability to hit the open J will hurt. He isn't a volume shooter, but nailing a few nice open looks a game helps keep defenses honest.

TJ McConnell HAS to shoot more and more efficiently from range. I think he will, he is a better shooter/scorer than he's shown.

It is imperative Zeus/AG/RHJ continue to stay out of foul trouble in general. Two of these guys in foul trouble in any given game could be very tough.
    I read it. Nice job, as usual.

Makes a lot of sense and is very objective.

Desert Diamond Cardsharks Nickelback's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Statman View Post

What about York? The guy averages just 3.7 three point attempts per game. I've gotta think he at least picks up the 1.3 attempts that BA was attempting every game and may add on some additional attempts moving forward. Wouldn't be surprised if he averages 6 attempts the rest of the way.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Nickelback View Post
    What about York? The guy averages just 3.7 three point attempts per game. I've gotta think he at least picks up the 1.3 attempts that BA was attempting every game and may add on some additional attempts moving forward. Wouldn't be surprised if he averages 6 attempts the rest of the way.
    3 point attempts isn't the issue (I think we shoot too many some games given our personnel) its that 15-18 ft jumper. No one other than BA has knocked those down consistently this season

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Pay the Choll Toll View Post
    3 point attempts isn't the issue (I think we shoot too many some games given our personnel) its that 15-18 ft jumper. No one other than BA has knocked those down consistently this season
    good call.