Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

fyi

Pick Em Rank

Default fyi

Now is when you root for Syracuse to lose. Rooting to be the last undefeated was re re. It was always going to take care of itself.

Desert Diamond Cardsharks Nickelback's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    Now is when you root vs Syracuse to lose. Rooting to be the last undefeated was re re. It was always going to take care of itself.
    Just a matter of time whether they fall at Pitt, Duke, Virginia or lose a game they shouldn't. Will be interesting to see how far Wichita State goes.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Nickelback View Post
    Just a matter of time whether they fall at Pitt, Duke, Virginia or lose a game they shouldn't. Will be interesting to see how far Wichita State goes.
    I agree. It will be interesting, but it just doesn't matter to me. They play absolutely no one. It is absurd to me that they are that high. They haven't played a ranked team this year. I would be hard pressed to find more than a couple tournament teams in their resume.

Syracuse will trip. They got lucky with Hood's botched dunk.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by TRQ3 View Post
    I agree. It will be interesting, but it just doesn't matter to me. They play absolutely no one. It is absurd to me that they are that high. They haven't played a ranked team this year. I would be hard pressed to find more than a couple tournament teams in their resume.

Wichita gets more respect than your typical unbeaten mid major because of their tourney run last year. We'll see how they do with the target on their back this year as opposed to playing the Cinderella role. No way they should get higher than a 2 seed even if they end up as the only unbeaten team.

Cuse have gotten lucky a few times. Miami isn't even a tourney team this year and took down them to the wire twice.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

They will likely fall when they play at Duke on the 22nd, although I'm hoping that they lose to ND tonight or to Clemson or Pitt soon after...

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I don't see any way cuse gets by dook at home. I figure 1 or 2 others knock them down too. That 3-4 game stretch after this week is a KILLER.
    "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
    John Wayne

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

We can beat this Syrc. We will if we meet.

Their audience sucks btw. No support or anything when their team needs most.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I feel like Cuse never plays on the road. I still cant believe they beat Duke with like 16 three pointers.

Pick Em Rank

they also had about 25K+ people cheering for them

I'm almost guaranteeing a loss @ duke, can't wait to put money on that.
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by HSP View Post
    they also had about 25K+ people cheering for them

I'm almost guaranteeing a loss @ duke, can't wait to put money on that.
    I think it was almost 35k, granted I'm sure there were a couple thousand dookies in there.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

'Cuse is a very good team. I don't know how well we will attack their zone. They are the best at playing it. That's what I love about college hoops. Bear Down

Pick Em Rank

two things, first, it's not absurd that they're ranked where they are at...if a team continues to win and everyone ahead of them over the weeks keeps taking losses then they simply keep moving their way up the rankings. Once they get to the top five you keep them out for so long before everyone else has enough losses and you just have to move them into the top spots like they are now. I agree they haven't played much of a schedule but they also haven't lost to anyone they should have beaten either like most other teams (including us). Second this is that ****ing syracuse got lucky that the refs decided to play a role in their game against duke. 25-15 foul differential isn't normally a huge deal unless you take a look at the fouls that were actually being called. A couple of charges in that game near the end were bull**** and Parkers 5th was a joke. The player flopped big time and the ref bought the flop. Pisses me off when refs call what they 'think they saw' instead of what they 'actually see'. Huge difference.

Old Pueblo Peyote Poppers ZonaZoo2014's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

They won at the current number 13 team in the country. So ... yeah ... you're wrong about that one.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by thecatsmeow View Post
    two things, first, it's not absurd that they're ranked where they are at...if a team continues to win and everyone ahead of them over the weeks keeps taking losses then they simply keep moving their way up the rankings. Once they get to the top five you keep them out for so long before everyone else has enough losses and you just have to move them into the top spots like they are now. I agree they haven't played much of a schedule but they also haven't lost to anyone they should have beaten either like most other teams (including us). Second this is that ****ing syracuse got lucky that the refs decided to play a role in their game against duke. 25-15 foul differential isn't normally a huge deal unless you take a look at the fouls that were actually being called. A couple of charges in that game near the end were bull**** and Parkers 5th was a joke. The player flopped big time and the ref bought the flop. Pisses me off when refs call what they 'think they saw' instead of what they 'actually see'. Huge difference.
    I hear what you're saying and watching the game I totally agree with you. But I'm never going to complain about Dook not getting the calls and it costing them the game. They will get all the calls when they play again at Cameron.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Syracuse getting the calls was good for two reasons. It bloated their egos by giving them another win they wouldn't realistically get...setting them up for the big fall. Second, it let Dook know what it feels like to be on the other side for a change and deflated their egos.

Pick Em Rank

Someone will catch up to Cuse and break that zone with one or two players. I just hope it's a nobody team in the first round of the tournament.
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr5sogzd4j1qfd3x7.gif

I am the one who knocks....I am the Danger!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I too grew tired of the whining that they should be #1 instead of us but this hatred of everything Orange seems a bit misplaced. I don't want Syracuse to lose in the first round and I'm not that excited to see them lose during the season so we can back in to the number one spot again. Let them stay number one in the polls for the rest of the season when it doesn't really mean anything. Let them win every game in the tourney up to the championship game. Let Arizona be that team they meet in the championship game and let's leave it all on the floor for all the marbles.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by catshoopfan View Post
    'Cuse is a very good team. I don't know how well we will attack their zone. They are the best at playing it. That's what I love about college hoops. Bear Down
    They are good at that but I see that most of the time it is their opponents who can't simply assist to their players inside. If we can get the ball there, we can find very easy dunks. I am sure NJ and TJ would survive the pressure. Let's get to there first

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

At this point, I'd rather see Syracuse remain undefeated for a while and have the focus of the nation on them. I think it was pretty clear the pressure was getting to our guys, as the team has pretty much laid an egg offensively the last 3.5 games. The Cats have almost always played better when they're under the radar. Too many national articles extolling the guys' virtues, and I think they were starting to buy into the hype. Now they have to go out and prove it all again. Which, in my mind, is a good thing. They seemed to have lost the hunger and the edge. When you believe you have an extra gear and can pull it out any time you need it, is exactly when you're ripe for an upset.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by ZonaZoo2014 View Post
    They won at the current number 13 team in the country. So ... yeah ... you're wrong about that one.
    They won at St. Louis? Oops, thought you were talking about Cuse.....missed the point about Wichita
    Last edited by El Cunado; 02-04-2014 at 06:16 AM. Reason: Reading comprehension fail
    "I know Ms. Pac-Man is special. She's fun. She's cute. She swallows."

Honey Badgers Rookie The Doodie Master's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Anyone else think that Florida is a better team than Syracuse?
    Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    When I stood next to Stanley I didn't feel like a man.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by The Stairmaster View Post
    Right now? No. I think if Chris Walker can become a factor and give the Gators more size, and another scoring option, then yes they could be.

From all the rumblings in this thread, it kind of feels like Syracuse is over-looked a bit. Anytime you're undefeated at this point you have a very good team. I was really impressed with what they showed offensively against Duke (I know most offenses look good against Duke this year), and obviously that's not an easy zone to beat. Im not sure without BA that we could beat them. We obviously couldn't have a lot of success shooting the 3 against the zone, and we lost a big part of our ability to beat zones by getting down low.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by MOWildcat View Post
    I too grew tired of the whining that they should be #1 instead of us but this hatred of everything Orange seems a bit misplaced. I don't want Syracuse to lose in the first round and I'm not that excited to see them lose during the season so we can back in to the number one spot again. Let them stay number one in the polls for the rest of the season when it doesn't really mean anything. Let them win every game in the tourney up to the championship game. Let Arizona be that team they meet in the championship game and let's leave it all on the floor for all the marbles.
    By "back in" are you saying get it back just because of a Syracuse loss or "move back in to" the number one spot? If you don't want to get the number one spot because of a Cuse loss I think this is perhaps the single most worthless post of all time...you don't "back in" to the number one ranking, you earn it.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by MOWildcat View Post
    By "back in" are you saying get it back just because of a Syracuse loss or "move back in to" the number one spot? If you don't want to get the number one spot because of a Cuse loss I think this is perhaps the single most worthless post of all time...you don't "back in" to the number one ranking, you earn it.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Syracuse's schedule has been laughable to this point. Their best road win to this point would be against St. John's, and that game was played in MSG. It probably won't matter since Syracuse likely won't have to leave New York for their first 4 games of the tournament. However, things are going to start getting tough when they go @Pitt, @Duke, @UVA, @Maryland, @Florida State and then the ACC Tournament is in far-off Greensboro, NC. They have feasted on the weakest of the weak ACC teams for their road games to this point but some real competition is coming up.

I'm not worried about Syracuse losing. They are going to lose at least 3 games before we get to March Madness.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Arty View Post
    Someone will catch up to Cuse and break that zone with one or two players. I just hope it's a nobody team in the first round of the tournament.
    I believe Syracuse will lose 3 games before their tourney. Pomeroy's #'s predict that also. They are a very good team, but are not a "great" team according to about any metric.

Syracuse is the type of high seeded team that could easily lose within the first two rounds of the NCAA tourney imo.

Wichita State will probably go undefeated into the NCAA tourney. They are very good also, probably a slight notch below the top teams, including Syracuse. Indiana State (tomorrow) and N. Iowa are probably the only two conference teams that could possibly beat them if the stars aligned. Those are their next two road games. They'll be an out waiting to happen also in the NCAA tourney, after round 1 they probably won't face another team that they'll be demonstratively better than.

I personally believe Arizona will lose 2 or less games before the P12 tourney, and win the conference fairly easily. P12 tourney, well - we'll see. None or the remaining games are gimmes by any stretch, many of them may be fairly close.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by The Stairmaster View Post
    Healthy Florida is a better team imo.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

They got lucky with Hood's botched dunk.
    Originally Posted by Wyo View Post
    Cuse have gotten lucky a few times.
    Winning the NCAA tournament is in large part luck, right aRed?
    "You're ruining the private forum."
    -ACE

Pick Em Rank

I just went to the Clemson at FSU game last weekend, Cuse will have no trouble winning that game.
    Originally Posted by Azwldctfan View Post
    Syracuse's schedule has been laughable to this point. Their best road win to this point would be against St. John's, and that game was played in MSG. It probably won't matter since Syracuse likely won't have to leave New York for their first 4 games of the tournament. However, things are going to start getting tough when they go @Pitt, @Duke, @UVA, @Maryland, @Florida State and then the ACC Tournament is in far-off Greensboro, NC. They have feasted on the weakest of the weak ACC teams for their road games to this point but some real competition is coming up.

I'm not worried about Syracuse losing. They are going to lose at least 3 games before we get to March Madness.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by UA_in_FL View Post
    I just went to the Clemson at FSU game last weekend, Cuse will have no trouble winning that game.
    Florida State plays good defense and has 4 guys that can shoot three pointers. Will be one of Syracuse's hardest games of the year to date.

Pick Em Rank

I hope so, my kids go to FSU. But they sure didn't show it against Clemson, they went 1 for 8 in 3 point shots, in a loss and only scored 49 points. It was tough watching them.

Originally Posted by Azwldctfan View Post
    Florida State plays good defense and has 4 guys that can shoot three pointers. Will be one of Syracuse's hardest games of the year to date.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast