Okay, Now we have a new Us Against the World motivation..

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default Okay, Now we have a new Us Against the World motivation..

No one thinks we can win it without Ashley, hmmmm let's see the magic that comes. For several reasons, albeit not for Ashley, it may be a "good" thing for the Wildcats. York, Pitts and Korchek HAVE to step up. As mentioned in previous threads, Rhondae will now have to play in control as part of a unit. This also gives Miller the reason to slide Gordon to his perfect college position....the 4. We all know Miller can coach....and now he will step it up again. I say look out tournament, we will be a final four contender.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I was really impressed with Rondae in this game. He looked really under control, he slowed down some break situations and got the ball to TJ to set up the offense instead of just putting his head down and pushing through.

If anyone is going to have to step up its Zeus. He looks like he is going to be averaging 35 minutes a game or so here on out. Our starting 5 is still comparable to anyone in the country, but that bench...

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Pay the Choll Toll View Post
    If anyone is going to have to step up its Zeus. He looks like he is going to be averaging 35 minutes a game or so here on out. Our starting 5 is still comparable to anyone in the country, but that bench...
    If you ask me Zeus stepped up last game and for whatever reason we didn't get him a touch in the final three or so possessions...and that could have made the difference in the game. So I don't think he needs to "step up" like you're saying but he needs to be given the opportunity to score more.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

He did get his dunk swatted by Kravish which would have put us up 2

Baltimore Blowfish TraneofThought's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by moosety2008 View Post
    He did get his dunk swatted by Kravish which would have put us up 2
    This was a huge play that it seems no one has mentioned. Tarczewski and Miller were asking for a foul, but I'm not convinced he was fouled. Tarczewski has a habit of cocking the ball back behind his head when he dunks. There aren't many guys who will bother Tarczewski while dunking, but weak ass Kravish got him somehow. Probably time for Tarczewski to work on taking the ball straight over his head when he attacks the rim.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by TraneofThought View Post
    This was a huge play that it seems no one has mentioned. Tarczewski and Miller were asking for a foul, but I'm not convinced he was fouled. Tarczewski has a habit of cocking the ball back behind his head when he dunks. There aren't many guys who will bother Tarczewski while dunking, but weak ass Kravish got him somehow. Probably time for Tarczewski to work on taking the ball straight over his head when he attacks the rim.
    is he capable of dunking with one hand? preferably the hand opposite the defender? to shield off the defender with the other? that is allowed, right?

it's kind of a joke how often he gets his dunks blocked.
    "if you're not bearin down, i dont know whatcha doin"

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Zeus has a limited offensive skill set by what I've seen so far, he is always having the ball stripped away by guards, and seems at times hell bent on shooting no matter what is in front of him. Bottom line is EVERYONE will need to step up their game to replace BA, and we have about 6 weeks to figure out how to do it. It will be interesting to see Miller do his thing, and earn some of those coaching award kudos.

Seattle Silver Foxes Applequest's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

He's been blocked like that quite a few times this season. Love that hes going up strong but an adjustment might be necessary.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

With RHJ now playing, I believe this will be quicker, not as tall or physical, but quicker. This may help on the "D" side, which wasn't a problem in the first place. I am curious to see how this new starting line gels. On a positive side, if this was going to happen, at least it wasn't the game before tournament time, because they can all learn to play together and be a great unit come March.

The question still hangs, who steps up from the bench.... I am thinking we will see a series of opportunities for Pitts and Korchek to prove they deserve the minutes, along with a lot more York, probably in some sort of small quick lineup...York, NJ, TJ, RHJ, and AG.....
    "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
    John Wayne

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

ABACF, you posted the obvious and quite possible a true vision. We will be quicker, the key will be for Rhondae to play within the team concept which at times he has a tendency to do.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Sini View Post
    ABACF, you posted the obvious and quite possible a true vision. We will be quicker, the key will be for Rhondae to play within the team concept which at times he has a tendency to do.
    At least they have some time to work with him and get those bad tendencies out of his game, at least limit them. I must add, the intensity he plays with is greater than any player on the team....IMO We just have to have him control it and redirect it. They have 40 or so days to work on that.....then game on.
    "Courage is being scared to death - but saddling up anyway."
    John Wayne