Camera Work

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default Camera Work

Was anyone else bothered by the camera work/angles last night? It was nearly impossible to watch. Felt like you were either watching from atop a skyscraper, or standing on the edge of the court looking through binoculars. From the high angle, it was difficult to identify players. From the low angle, you could only see one or two players and the camera couldn't move quickly enough to follow the action.

The worst was maybe midway through the second half, I think, when Gordon went up for a defensive rebound and a Cal player seemed to reach between his arms and knock the ball out of bounds. The refs spent 2-3 minutes reviewing to determine possession. But they didn't couldn't make a reasonable assessment, because the only camera angles available was one from atop the arena that was too far away and directly behind the play, and one from somewhere under the basket where the ball moved to quickly for the camera to follow.

Has it always been that way when we play at Cal? I've watched every game this year, and loved every one. But the camera work last night removed a lot of enjoyment and emotion from the game.

Brandon Ashley, you have been a warrior this season. We wish you a speedy and, most importantly, complete recovery.

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Yep. It was annoying. You couldn't even see half the court. Every time they pass back out i thought it was a turnover because the field of view was so small.
    I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Pick Em Rank

Yes, it felt like I was suspended from the ceiling looking down.
    "If you want what you've never had, you have to do what you've never done." -- Thomas Jefferson

Pick Em Rank

Default Camera Work

I heard they were trying some new camera angles for the PAC-12 tournament.

Pick Em Rank

Yes, agree with all above. Those that watched it with me all said the same thing - we felt like we were in the nosebleed seats! After watching college hoops all day, that was a lousy telecast in comparison, with some equally lousy announcers. The game was difficult to watch, and the court rushing at the end made the whole thing simply unbearable.... sigh......
    I always think we're gonna' win

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The camera was 2 rows behind me, so that's pretty much the same view I had all through the game, lol (DVR'd the game when I got home) . Seriously, though, Haas blows. I don't think there are other places that cameras could be mounted - it's just such a poorly designed stadium. Couldn't even see the score board from where I was sitting and had to walk back a few rows every time I wanted to see the score!

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by skyblue314 View Post
    The camera was 2 rows behind me, so that's pretty much the same view I had all through the game, lol (DVR'd the game when I got home) . Seriously, though, Haas blows. I don't think there are other places that cameras could be mounted - it's just such a poorly designed stadium. Couldn't even see the score board from where I was sitting and had to walk back a few rows every time I wanted to see the score!
    was just about to ask if it was more a factor of the arena or the camera work. always thought Haas was a POS place to play, this is just another pathetic factor.

surrounded by an army of 2. Which i created...
    Pick Em Rank

I hate most camera views anyway. I absolutely despise the showing of the coach, bench, anyone but the FT shooter when shooting FT's. I also hate when they show the guy running down the court after making a shot. It seems to always coincide with a stolen inbounds or something of much greater importance than the back of a kids head.

Not specific to the Cal game, just rambling.

Pick Em Rank

It was horrible.
    http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lr5sogzd4j1qfd3x7.gif

I am the one who knocks....I am the Danger!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Was worst telecast I've seen this year, all the way around! BLAH!