With Ashley Being Out..

Wildcat Fan, I am azfansincebirth's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default With Ashley Being Out..

is it a foregone conclusion that he declares for the draft at the end of the season ?
    Theres good, and there's ARIZONA good..
    The difference is VAST

Pick Em Rank

Not sure I follow the logic.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by dpw0405 View Post
    Not sure I follow the logic.
    It was a question. I personally think he still goes. IDK gut feeling

Pick Em Rank

My confusion comes from the OP comment which suggests this injury makes it a foregone conclusion he will enter the draft. Not sure how one leads to the other.

Pick Em Rank

So feel free to chime in on these percentages and play with them a bit... but this is how i see it.

100% Gone = Projected Lottery Pick
    75% Gone = Projected a solid 1st rounder
    50% Gone = Projected draft pick

I think for Ashley he would only declare if he was a projected 1st rounder at the very least, It's really hard to leave money on the table at that point, this draft will be crowded, but let's be honest, his frame and motor are a rarity. Once the draft projections come out you will have a better idea based on the above assumptions. The good news is he just watched two of his teamates go in the Draft last year only to pretty much A) Ride the pine or B) Play D league and get paid less than minimum wage (or there abouts)
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Pick Em Rank

I think we need more information on his projected recovery time--too much conjecture at this point. He's a smart young man, and will do what he thinks is right for him.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by azfansincebirth View Post
    is it a foregone conclusion that he declares for the draft at the end of the season ?
    Is it a foregone conclusion that he DOESN'T declare for the draft at the end of the season?

....there...fixed it for ya...

RawDoggy Style IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

The injury doesn't help his draft stock so wouldn't be surprised if he declared or stayed another year, but I'd say this injury reduces the chances he declares for this year's draft.

Pick Em Rank

it all depends on the injuries severity...
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Pick Em Rank

Put your GM hat on peeps, are you going to use a 1st round pick on a guy that was marginal 1st rd to begin with and now has the unknown of injury recovery? A foot injury, no less. I don't see the case for Brash having a tough decision to make, that 1st round option just isn't going to be there - he's not Nerlens Noel. Let's just hope our boy can get fully healthy again, that has to happen before anything else even matters.
    Old Pueblo Peyote Poppers

"Dorsey is as versatile a guard as I have coached, would consider him as good or better at the same stage as other guards I have coached like Brandon Jennings, DeMar Derozan and Jrue Holiday." Dinos Trigonis

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The bright side to the Grant Jerrett situation is that we are going to have several players that face the stay or go decision and Coach Miller can always point to what has happened to Grant as the reason you stay and improve your stock. We also had Solomon Hill that can attest to how crappy life is in the D League. With these very recent examples, Coach is going to have a lot more credibility in the heart to hearts.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I think it really depends on the injury. If it's the type that can be really difficult to heal without follow-on problems, then I'd think they'd wait to draft him until it's shown to have healed completely/permanently.

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I don't think the injury is a deal breaker for his draft status. If hes a projected 1st rounder, I imagine he leaves. The loss of playing time in prime moments like the tournament are gonna hurt his draft stock a bit I imagine. But if that money is there, I bet he takes it, especially now. What a nightmare for him if he decided to come back and got hurt again. His draft stock would absolutely plummet (Mitch McGary anybody?).

Pick Em Rank

I think that he stays and develops another year. He definitely has extended his range out to be a three point threat and one more year in college could help polished his skills. As many people have said this year is a loaded draft and it could look more promising for him next year.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by HSP View Post
    it all depends on the injuries severity...
    Average recovery for a break in the fifth metatarsal: "Exercise can begin in a single plane (bike, elliptical trainer, swimming pool) by 4 weeks, but monitored according to swelling and discomfort. Running in a pool, with the help of a buoyancy belt, followed by running on a hard surface can begin once soreness is relieved, usually at 6-8 weeks, and then finally a return to full activities including twisting and pivoting by 8-10 weeks."
    8 weeks until the Final Four.. just saying.

Pick Em Rank

If he's projected first round I think he'll leave. The last thing he wants is to come back and show signs of injury or re-injure his foot. He might get a pass from evaluators right now, but if he comes back next year and anything happens to either foot it could really hurt his draft status.

But it will all come down to how well he's evaluated at the end of the season, and what teams think about his injury. If he doesn't get a first round grade he might just come back to prove himself.
    HTTFB

Pick Em Rank

After this injury I would think that he would stay. Just imo. This draft is loaded, he is already a potential late first rd draft pick (before the injury) so that will most likely fall. I know the NBA drafts on potential but they may not want to take the risk given how fresh the injury is and they havent seen how he does after recovery. Once again, imo it would be best for him to stay one more year, rehab over the offseason, come back hungrier than ever and show he is one of the leaders of the team, increase all his numbers while dominating competition and enter a substantially weaker draft than this year. Could be the difference of a couple million. Just a few thoughts.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by azfansincebirth View Post
    needs surgery.

such a stupid thread less than 24 hours after his injury.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by WildcatinNW View Post
    Put your GM hat on peeps, are you going to use a 1st round pick on a guy that was marginal 1st rd to begin with and now has the unknown of injury recovery? A foot injury, no less. I don't see the case for Brash having a tough decision to make, that 1st round option just isn't going to be there - he's not Nerlens Noel. Let's just hope our boy can get fully healthy again, that has to happen before anything else even matters.
    Exactly. I thought NBA GMs like to see how a player reacts to a major injury before risking a pick.