OU coming in confident with "big" win over USC!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Arizona OU coming in confident with "big" win over USC!

http://dailyemerald.com/2014/02/04/c...etball-season/

“…The Ducks will need to tighten up their defense when they travel to No. 2 Arizona on Thursday, and Altman said he might be more cautious with the press because
    Arizona has such talented, experienced guards. But senior guard Johnathan Loyd said the press can cause problems against anyone, including the Wildcats.

“If we are having a lot of energy and flying around, we could definitely do the same thing to them,” Loyd said.

The main focus for Oregon, though, is improving their worst parts on defense, like rim protection and containing the Pac-12′s abundance of talented guards. If the Ducks can become a better all-around defensive unit,the press will be one of many barriers opposing offensives will struggle to penetrate.

“If we can kind of perfect that (thepress),” Moser said, “I think that will be a great tool for us to have.”…”

They're going to press us with a new defense, that they're hoping to perfect at McKale...?

GO CATS

Stereotypical Asian Guy AztecWildcat's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

We're ****ed.
    I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Scandinavia Dirty Pirates Wildcat Dad's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by AridZonaWldCat View Post
    http://dailyemerald.com/2014/02/04/c...etball-season/

“…The Ducks will need to tighten up their defense when they travel to No. 2 Arizona on Thursday, and Altman said he might be more cautious with the press because
    Arizona has such talented, experienced guards. But senior guard Johnathan Loyd said the press can cause problems against anyone, including the Wildcats.

“If we are having a lot of energy and flying around, we could definitely do the same thing to them,” Loyd said.

The main focus for Oregon, though, is improving their worst parts on defense, like rim protection and containing the Pac-12′s abundance of talented guards. If the Ducks can become a better all-around defensive unit,the press will be one of many barriers opposing offensives will struggle to penetrate.

“If we can kind of perfect that (thepress),” Moser said, “I think that will be a great tool for us to have.”…”

They're going to press us with a new defense, that they're hoping to perfect at McKale...?

GO CATS
    Lol, win over USC prepares OU for the Cats! OU a defensive team... really. Please try and press the Cats

Pick Em Rank

Lol big win? Nice.
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

RawDoggy Style IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I hope they try to press, the way we pass it'd just open up players for scoring opportunities.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Don't lose at home.

São Paulo Sour Diesel KansasCityCats's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Our only player that loses the ball off the dribble is Brandon Ashley. I'd love to see UO try to press...we may put up 100.

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys DoubleJ's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Oklahoma?! It's "UO," you realize, just in case you've ever been annoyed with someone mentioning Arizona with an "AU" tag...

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The worst thing that could happen right now would be for the Wildcats to start overlooking teams. Having said that, I don't believe the Wildcats would even think of that. Having just suffered their first defeat, and having to re-arrange their offense, I don't think that will happen.

After Brandon's injury, I started thinking that we should have at least 8 top tier players on the roster. That would mean they could each get 25 minutes and the Wildcats wouldn't be too affected by an injury. But since Coach Miller has about a 1,000 times more basketball smarts than me...and gets the big dollars, I'll let him worry about those things.

Bear Down Coach Miller!
    Bear Down Wildcats!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post
    The worst thing that could happen right now would be for the Wildcats to start overlooking teams. Having said that, I don't believe the Wildcats would even think of that. Having just suffered their first defeat, and having to re-arrange their offense, I don't think that will happen.

After Brandon's injury, I started thinking that we should have at least 8 top tier players on the roster. That would mean they could each get 25 minutes and the Wildcats wouldn't be too affected by an injury. But since Coach Miller has about a 1,000 times more basketball smarts than me...and gets the big dollars, I'll let him worry about those things.

Bear Down Coach Miller!
    Bear Down Wildcats!
    I, and I'll bet many others, agree completely with your thought. I sure wish we were deeper. It seems like we leave an awfully lot of talent on the bench. But Coach Miller is the man. He's the reason we're even in the NC conversation this year. So I just take a deep breath and keep my mouth shut.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by KansasCityCats View Post
    Our only player that loses the ball off the dribble is Brandon Ashley.
    KCCat, meet Rondae. Rondae, this is KCCat.
    If God isn't a Wildcat fan, then why do I bleed Red and Blue?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by DoubleJ View Post
    Oklahoma?! It's "UO," you realize, just in case you've ever been annoyed with someone mentioning Arizona with an "AU" tag...
    My mistake, I never disrespect a program because of a few overzealous fans.

BEAR DOWN

RawDoggy Style IT'S MILLER TIME's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by YoDeFoe View Post
    Rondae actually has a turnover rate of 13.5% which is quite good, 3rd best on team actually (only York and AG are lower). His turnovers have gone up a bit as the year has gone on, but overall I'd say Rondae is a good ball handler with good vision and passing. I really think pressing Arizona would mostly backfire.

Pick Em Rank

They are welcomed to try and press. A point guard is key to breaking a press -- and WE HAVE a point guard!

Wildcat Fan acatthereforeidrink's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post

Bear Down Coach Miller!
    Bear Down Wildcats!
    We just got beat, and lost a starter for the year. Anyone who's not laser-focused on Oregon ought not see the court tomorrow unless they buy a ticket.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by AridZonaWldCat View Post
    My mistake, I never disrespect a program because of a few overzealous fans.

BEAR DOWN
    UNLESS it is Kansas!............

São Paulo Sour Diesel KansasCityCats's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by YoDeFoe View Post
    Rondae has a bad habit of erratically dribbling into traffic, but he has a great handle n the ball (especially for his size) and he excels in the open court. Breaking the press with Rondae would undoubtedly lead to easy points

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by KansasCityCats View Post
    Rondae has a bad habit of erratically dribbling into traffic, but he has a great handle n the ball (especially for his size) and he excels in the open court. Breaking the press with Rondae would undoubtedly lead to easy points
    Totally correct there. I think Rondae would do fine in the press - his trouble is traffic.
    If God isn't a Wildcat fan, then why do I bleed Red and Blue?

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Geez...listening to a Moser interview is about as exciting as watching grass grow...ZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...