Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

The refs and us

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Please!!! Road game...you're not going to get most calls...As much as Nick has saved us at the end of close games...he cost UA this game! Zeus was dominating and we didn't even think about going to him at the end of the game...Cats blew a game they should've won...let's just hope Ashley isn't out for too long!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
    They had some to do with it. They lost us 2 clear possessions that were clearly off of Cal players. Cal seemed like they were bumping our players and hacking us. They could have called a tech on the Cal fans and bench for being on the court (I am glad they didn't). Solomon hit Gordon in the face and fouled Zues on every possession.

We got bad away calls this trip. We get good calls sometimes when we are at home. Refs aided in homecooking for the Syracuse/ Duke game as well. It is what it is, but the officiating was a little more frustrating this trip.

Our guys did not come through and beat that adversity, long season. I am just proud our guys don't over react to the bogus calls.
    And Im sure there were plenty of calls that went the other way. But you only notice the 2 that you want to notice.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by anguskahn View Post
    There are many reasons we lost and the refs arent one of them. Stop being a whiny bitch.
    If you don't see a tech. At the end of the game. If you don't see inconsistency then you are ignorant to the game itself. F u, and f anyone who thinks I'm a bitch, cause bogie cares, and bogie will care forever.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Nick has been great all year. This is his down game. 1-14 and 5 turnovers from our best player doesnt get it done. Zero assists from our point guard doesnt get it done. I feel the refs are horrible most games but they didnt cost us this game.

Pick Em Rank

We just need to man up. Our shooting was terrible. It was inevitable we'd eventually lose. We should still be 4-5th ranked. Need to regroup on our game plan and focus on the conference and hope that parlays into a one seed.

More than anything else, I hope BA is ok. If it's a fracture and he's out for the season our NC hopes are in serious trouble.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by tpc82 View Post
    I can't believe people on this site are actually calling for a technical foul for rushing the court. The game was over at that point.

You could see the pressure of being undefeated starting to wear on this team. I think the loss will do us good in the long run.
    I'm sorry, but every case study in history studies precedent. That my friend is a tech for delay of game, period.

However, it is not the only reason we lost.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

And Im sure there were plenty of calls that went the other way. But you only notice the 2 that you want to notice.
    There were some, but inconsistent calling can beat any team.

Seattle Silver Foxes Applequest's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I thought we got the balance of the calls tonight, without question. If we had won because of a tech called at the end, thats a hollow victory. The refs have a built in excuse that they had to check the time on the clock. It should be extremely egregious to have a tech called at the end of the game like that, and it wasn't. If Aaron had inbounded quicker we might've had a case, but oh well. We shot 32%, its nearly impossible to win a game with that stat.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Bear View Post
    Nick has been great all year. This is his down game. 1-14 and 5 turnovers from our best player doesnt get it done. Zero assists from our point guard doesnt get it done. I feel the refs are horrible most games but they didnt cost us this game.

Fact! Refs AND us cost us the game.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Get all the venom out. It's cathartic. Then just pray Brandon isn't done for the year. Didn't look like an ankle to me. Looks like a broken bone. Maybe just a deep bruise. Looked like the guy came down on it rather than brash rolling it. The ice bag was on top of his foot. But the sight of that boot is what's going to give me nightmares tonight more than the loss.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Illegal screen on the final cobb shot. But I'm getting nitpicky

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Applequest View Post
    I thought we got the balance of the calls tonight, without question. If we had won because of a tech called at the end, thats a hollow victory. The refs have a built in excuse that they had to check the time on the clock. It should be extremely egregious to have a tech called at the end of the game like that, and it wasn't. If Aaron had inbounded quicker we might've had a case, but oh well. We shot 32%, its nearly impossible to win a game with that stat.
    I see that

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

O well, fuk it. I love this team.

Please let Brash be healthy.

Please let me calm down

Huntington Beach Honey Badgers Arizona's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Yeah, I watched the game. There were some charges blocks that could have gone either way too. I just pointed out those two calls because they weren't judgement calls.
    _A R I Z O N A_

Nastiness is Required! BTFD

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Refs had nothing to do with it.
    Respectfully strongly disagree

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Just want to say. TJ---------0, and I say 0 assists...

Huntington Beach Honey Badgers Arizona's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

There are many reasons we lost and the refs arent one of them. Stop being a whiny bitch.
    Hey man there is no need for that here. We can discuss the officiating like adults. It's part of the game obviously. We don't make posts when the officiating goes our way, that's just human nature.
    _A R I Z O N A_

Nastiness is Required! BTFD

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Arizona View Post
    Hey man there is no need for that here. We can discuss the officiating like adults. It's part of the game obviously. We don't make posts when the officiating goes our way, that's just human nature.
    Backin me up.... Respect

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

You must be new here. Welcome. Now that you are off the rag, lets have a discussion.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

BTW Brash has a broken 5th metatarsal in his foot... better get used to a 6 man rotation

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by _BOGIE_ View Post
    BTW Brash has a broken 5th metatarsal in his foot... better get used to a 6 man rotation
    This is scary as ****

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

If you believe that then you are either blind deaf dumb stupid dead or lazy.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

The only two calls I saw that really made me scream was the charge call on TJ when he dished to Aaron. TJ barely bumped the Cal player,who was bigger than him, and he flopped. Period. And the call where the Cal player missed and Kravish went over Aaron's shoulder. Whether he hit the ball or not, it was an over the back foul and the refs ignored/missed it. That one reminded me of the play last year against ASU where Zeus was given a foul for shoving Gilling off of him after Gilling came over his back and tried to get the rebound and continued struggling to get the ball, over Zeus's shoulder. And then they had the audacity to go to the monitors to determine if Zeus should get a flagrant one or two. They kept showing the replay over and over and not even the announcers would mention the fact that Gilling fouled the he*# out of Zeus.

But there were some calls that the Wildcats didn't get called for as well...so, asi es la vida aqui!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Rondae Zeus and Nick were all fouled in last two mins. The refs refused to call it and should be shot immediately for rigging a game.

Pick Em Rank

RULE 10, SECTION 2, ARTICLE 8

"Team followers, as in Rule 4-27, shall not commit an unsportsmanlike act, including, but not limited to, the following:

d. Delaying the game by preventing the ball from being promptly made live or by preventing continuous play, such as but not limited to, followers entering the playing court before the player activity has been terminated. When the delay does not interfere with play, it shall be ignored.

PENALTY: (Art. 8) Two free throws awarded to the offended team. The ball shall be put back in play at the point of interruption."

Baltimore Blowfish TraneofThought's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

The officials were awful - par for the course in this conference - but they're not to blame for the loss. It was by far Zona's worst-played game on offense this season. And Cal isn't exactly a good defensive team.

Ashley playing 2 minutes, Nick playing possibly the worst game of his career, Cal making a ton of shots they haven't made all season, and Tarczewski struggling on defense vs a suspect Cal front line (in the first half, at least) didn't exactly help.

Add it all up, and that's what you get.

Pick Em Rank

While I'm not on the blame the officials team here, I can't agree with what I highlighted there. If anything, it was bad both ways; but we certainly didn't reap any benefit.
    PM Me for a good time

Pick Em Rank

And...there's your reason.
    Last edited by TraneofThought; 02-02-2014 at 10:44 AM.

Pick Em Rank

This was such a sad loss on so many levels and it is hard to accept it. However, I am really concerned about Ash and the broken bone if what Bogie wrote is correct and the bigger concern is Nick's wrist for me as we don't know what is going on there. When I watched him shoot his first couple of shots I told my husband that something was wrong with his left arm/hand. Then he either got hit on that hand/arm or hit the rim with it and it was obvious that it was a problem. Then they said he re-injured his wrist. As we and others have said all season that in order for another team to beat us they would have to have a lot of luck and have the U of A either get into foul trouble or have an injury. I think that the tech should have been called for delay of game at the end if it is a rule it should be enforced. I don't consider that a hollow victory but living by the rules. There were a lot of fouls not called both ways but I felt overall this weekend at both games we got the shaft with most of the fouls that weren't called. I am surprised that Coach Miller didn't pick up a tech this weekend.
    All we can do is go forth, Bear Down and learn from this game. There is still a lot of basketball to play yet.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Hmmmmm. Well, from my perspective - easily the three worst calls in the game went against Arizona - two out of bounds called on AG when both times it was off a Cal guy going over him - and that complete BS charge call on TJ that negated the AG dunk. In a 2 pt game - those calls were killer.

But, Arizona still should have won.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Just wanna point out - on the road against the 3rd ranked conference team - worst games of the season for both NJ and TJ - team as a whole shot horribly - BA was hurt and out early - the O charge call on TJ on the AG dunk blinded me with rage (and Arizona never plays well when I'm blinded with rage) - and it took a clutch shot from one of the best P12 players and a little "we'll just ignore the people running on the court while Arizona is gonna inbounds" (which, to me, is kinda understandable since they probably were gonna review the time anyway) for Arizona to lose.

**** happens.

Man - if it had been me - I woulda grabbed that ball after the game winning shot and immediately inbounded it to one of the multitude of people that ran on the court - make the refs decide what to do then. They did not blow the whistle until they realized Arizona couldn't inbound with everyone running on court (like 2 or 3 seconds later).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast