DWill- Rough Night At The Office

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default DWill- Rough Night At The Office

I took my five year old to his first NBA game last night to see the Kings vs Pacers. Since Rudy Gay wasn't playing DWill got the start. I was really excited to see how he would do with starters minutes. Well, playing against Paul George, as one might guess, it wasn't any easy assignment?

DWill played with a lot of effort and was great on the boards but his offense wasn't much to write home about.

11 RBs
    2/9 FG
    0/1 3pt
    3/7 FT- Two of those missed free throws were big ones late in the game with the Kings clinging to a lead. It was so painful watching him clank them.

DWill played hard on the defense end but George had a pretty big night. He played hard on defense with perhaps one noteable exception? At one point DWill missed a long jumper and kind of stood there watching. George saw it and sprinted up court where the Pacers found him for an easy two on the other end.

The heart breaker though was when the Kings were up four with 18 seconds in the 4th and DWill fouled George on a made 3pt shot. Its been a long time since ive heard that arena get that quiet that fast? Still not sure if it was a good call? Regardless, George hit the FT to tie the game. Game went to OT and the Pacers ended up winning.

I know I sound down on DWill but he really did play hard. Frankly, it doesn't get much tougher than playing against Paul George and trying to get to the hoop with Roy Hibbert around. With Rudy Gay likely out a few more games DWill should get plenty of minutes. Still very hopeful that he's going to take full advantage of this opportunity.

Still love me some DWill
    BTFD!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I'll begin the blasphemy. He isn't a good NBA player and he isn't going to be.

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk

Pick Em Rank

Damn, just reading this makes me wince - that was to the OP.

As for Angus beefstick - nice support for the Wildcat family there bud, opinions are like...
    "Dorsey is as versatile a guard as I have coached, would consider him as good or better at the same stage as other guards I have coached like Brandon Jennings, DeMar Derozan and Jrue Holiday." Dinos Trigonis

Pick Em Rank

I saw the play. Seemed like it should have been a no call. Sigh. :(

I blame ESPN, PAC-12 Network, Larry Scott, East Coast Bias, Direct TV, Dish Network, The Honda Center, PAC-12 Refs, and Mark Lyons

Pick Em Rank

Definitely should've been a no call, that's a call only superstars get. He was off balance, fading to his left as soon as he rose for the shot off the screen

Pick Em Rank

Default The definition of a Terrible Call

Pick Em Rank

wow that ref knew he was making that call pretty ****ing early. shady ass nba.

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys Caz's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

BAD CALL!
    Ref is right there...smh!
    Air-Zona!!!!
    " I'm just a basketball player, I don't really have a true position. I just play hard on every possession " - Derrick Williams

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Wow! Horrible, horrible call, that ref is blinder than a bat.

Pick Em Rank

Horrible call.

With that said, I really hate reading the Kings box scores seeing DWill go 5 for 7, while midget man Thomas goes 7 of 21!! 21 shots?? Really???
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I know the Kings are not a good team right now. The new ownership group has been aggressive this year about making changes and locally we are encouraged and finally have some hope for the future.

The DWill trade was a nice move for the team as was adding Rudy Gay. The latter in particular has been putting up career numbers since he arrived here. And that is going to part of DWills problem getting more minutes here. Love him or hate him but Rudy Gay is playing great here and the team REALLY likes him and Cousins together. Bleacher Report actually had a really nice write up on why he's been so much better in Sacramento than he was in Toronto.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...cramento-kings

So DWill isn't going to start at SF and I don't see hIm getting much of a shot to start at PF either. But let's put things in perspective. DWill was wasting away in Minnesota. He didn't play much and when he did he got a quick hook a lot. Here, at least he's gotten a chance to showcase that he can in fact play in the league. I love teasing my family in Minneapolis on the occasions DWills had some highlight dunks. They're so mad at Adelman for not figuring out how to get some production out of him.

With that said If DWill stays in Sacramento he's likely going to be a very valuable sixth man( don't kill the messenger). Keep in mind the team has been aggressive about making moves so it wouldn't shock me to see them move DWill as part of a deal to upgrade one of their other positions.