Aaron, Keep Shooting

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default Aaron, Keep Shooting

You WILL find your stroke, and it will be right on time. I have faith in you!

You can fly
    You can fight
    You can crow
    You are the pan!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=C6hmQwfEmzc

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Keep shooting, as long as they are dunks

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default AG No Jumper

I mentioned this last week when everyone said he was gone after this year, and I still know he's gone after this year, but how successful will he be in the NBA without a good jump shot? Look at Derrick Williams...we know he has a good shot and can throw down inside but he's not exactly having a breakout year (avg 8 pts/ 4 boards) a few years into the league.
    AG would be wise to stay another year and find his jumper and his stroke at the line. He makes Shaq look like Kerr at the line (ok that's not the best comparison but you get the point). His athleticism will only get him so far...

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Trumpet Cat View Post
    "if you're not bearin down, i dont know whatcha doin"

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Trumpet Cat View Post
    I'm sorry, maybe my exaggerated positive post has confused some people here. This is meant to be a supportive post for our talented freshman. Take your negativity to another thread please.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Aaron can shoot the ball. He does in practice, he has in the past.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

And for all those who say "he shouldn't shoot anything but dunks" are conceding to at least a few loses on the season. We need him to shoot the ball. We need him to take what the defense gives him. If he doesn't (the last two games show us), we are not a complete team, and we are not as dangerous as we once thought.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Without Aaron shooting and making the occasional three pointer or jump shot, this team has a glaring weakness

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

... So... Aaron, keep shooting. For goodness sake keep shooting. Find your stroke. Find your confidence. Find your swagger. In one month we are going to need you to ball like I, we, your teammates, and YOU know you can!

Pick Em Rank

It's all Aaron Gordon vs Aaron Gordon right now. GTFO your head and just play. Shoot good shots and rhythm and you'll be fine AG. Baycat thanks the bogie for this post.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

bogie--Appreciate the post. I'm with ya! GO AG

Washington, District of Columbia, United States
    Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by bogie View Post
    And for all those who say "he shouldn't shoot anything but dunks" are conceding to at least a few loses on the season. We need him to shoot the ball. We need him to take what the defense gives him. If he doesn't (the last two games show us), we are not a complete team, and we are not as dangerous as we once thought.
    I want AG to have confidence as well, and I don't want to bash him because even when he is missing shots he is still such an impact player that I don't care quite as much as others. But I am pretty sure the last two games have shown us exactly the opposite, that when he is taking jumpers it is like a turnover and our offense is NOT as good because of it. Sorry, but it's the truth.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by bengcord3 View Post
    I want AG to have confidence as well, and I don't want to bash him because even when he is missing shots he is still such an impact player that I don't care quite as much as others. But I am pretty sure the last two games have shown us exactly the opposite, that when he is taking jumpers it is like a turnover and our offense is NOT as good because of it. Sorry, but it's the truth.
    Your right, but what I'm getting at is that he needs to make a few of these shots. I think he can, and I think he should keep trying.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I agree that Aaron should keep shooting. There have been a few games where he's made some nice mid-range jumpers that not only stunned me, and possibly some other Wildcat fans, but what's even better is he stunned the opponents. He should keep shooting those. But I think that between TJ, Nick, Gabe, and Brandon...there's plenty of other Wildcats who should be shooting the 3's. I think Aaron should work his way "out". Perfect the mid-range shots, then start working on the longer range ones. Sure he's being left wide open on the 3's. If you look at his stats, though, it's easy to understand why the other teams will leave him wide open. And a huge percentage of the time, they are justified. Having said that, if the clock is running down and our Wildcats can't get a decent look and Aaron gets the ball past the arc, then go ahead and shoot. That's better than having a shot clock violation. But I just can't abide by him getting the ball as soon as they come down the court and then letting loose with a 3 that ends up with the opposing players getting an easy rebound. JMO

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post
    I agree that Aaron should keep shooting. There have been a few games where he's made some nice mid-range jumpers that not only stunned me, and possibly some other Wildcat fans, but what's even better is he stunned the opponents. He should keep shooting those. But I think that between TJ, Nick, Gabe, and Brandon...there's plenty of other Wildcats who should be shooting the 3's. I think Aaron should work his way "out". Perfect the mid-range shots, then start working on the longer range ones. Sure he's being left wide open on the 3's. If you look at his stats, though, it's easy to understand why the other teams will leave him wide open. And a huge percentage of the time, they are justified. Having said that, if the clock is running down and our Wildcats can't get a decent look and Aaron gets the ball past the arc, then go ahead and shoot. That's better than having a shot clock violation. But I just can't abide by him getting the ball as soon as they come down the court and then letting loose with a 3 that ends up with the opposing players getting an easy rebound. JMO
    Well put! Agreed!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post

I agree 100%. Work his way out, but keep shooting.

We all know, as does Aaron, that he's in a slump. I don't understand the point of those that feel they should point this out or give him a hard time. If you've ever slumped in any sport you know the enemies name is self doubt. Keep working Aaron. We're fortunate to have you as a Wildcat.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

@MOWildcat-Like your post. That's one of the reasons I'm not real crazy about the MVP thing. I mean it's fun and a good way maybe to encourage the other Wildcats to try to pick up their game...but at the same time we should show support for every Wildcat. Because like you say, self doubt is a killer. Not being mentioned while one of them gets praise though can cause some resentment maybe. Hope not, but maybe. I always want to vote the MVP was the Wildcat team. Just my quirky ways. No offense meant to anyone.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Don't get me wrong, I think Aaron needs to shoot but he also showed the last two games exactly they type of player he is. He is a FRESHMAN, he took shots too early in the shot clock and not in the scope of the offense. Spot up jumpers are good if we are moving the ball around and he is wide open, not at the beginning of the shot clock. he has proven he can make shots but mostly his offense is from tip ins and dunks. I thought the Stanford game he tried to go outside his normal game and seemed rushed.

"Be quick, but don't hurry"

Pick Em Rank

At this point I don't want Gordon to shoot from anywhere outside of 12-15 feet.
    Yes he has hit from deep earlier but right now he is in a slump and you can tell sometimes that he believes in himself while shooting but another thing you notice is that Miller doesn't yank him whenever he takes a shot from deep?
    When Aaron drove to the middle I would have wanted to see him take that shot in rhythm but he would pick up his dribble and look to pass.

I think that shot to Gordon's game would build his confidence and could possibly allow him to step back and start to hit some of those from deep he's been missing.
    Marcus Garvey,MLK,Malcolm X,Joe Louis,Rosa Parks,etc..
    All these men & woman and several more African-Americans helped paved the way to allow me to chase my dream and to pursue greatness,to sit in the same classroom as those whose ancestors thought they were more superior than mine..

Pick Em Rank

We NEED Aaron to hit the wide open free throw line jumpers and 12-15 foot jumpers from the wing or baseline. It was painful last night to watch Stanford leave him completely unguarded, and him hesitantly shoot and brick the wide open shot. Good teams are going to watch that tape and take advantage of that -- Utah and Stanford, packed the lane, contested our drives and didn't allow us to make our usual interior passes that lead to easy layups and dunks, because they're giving us the midrange and outside shot, and dropping help defenders down into the lane.

Not pressing the panic button, but this is the first time I've been worried about a significant weakness showing up that a good team can take advantage of and expose

Pick Em Rank

What games was it that he hit 2 3s to start the game off?
    "When I took my visit to UofA, it was like the heavens opened up and showed me the light and behind that light, McKale Center" - Channing Frye

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

He has it in him. His mentality is getting the best of him. That is all. He should keep shooting. shoot 50 misses if it means he will make the next 50

Pick Em Rank

AG should keep shooting but in the rhythm of the offense. He is a poor three point shooter - the worse of the starters that shoot 3 point shots. He is at 27% as compared to Ashley at 39%. We all know is FT shooting is very poor, now down to 45%, this compares to Ashley at 76%. Field goal % is 48% as compared to Ashley at 53%. My issue is games like yesterday where he did not play team ball. His defense is outstanding, he just needs to let his offensive game mature. Some one said he should shoot 12 to 15 ft shots and get that down before trying 3 point shots. I could not agree more. He is after all a freshman and still sometimes like yesterday tries to do too much.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

BANGARANG!

Pick Em Rank

In terms of jump shooting, Ashley should play like our SF and AG like our PF. Same goes for Rondae.

Aaron is at his best around the rim, and jump shots take him away from that. Any jump shot in the flow of the offense is fine, but rushed or early shots usually lead to fast break the other way.
    "It's all basketball oriented," Aaron Gordon on why he chose Arizona.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I agree Gordon needs to keep shooting because if he can't make a jump shot from any distance like he has shown the last few games our offense is going to suck for all the reason already discussed. Cal is going to totally back off him and dare him to shoot even a free throw range shot just like Stanford did until he proves he can make it. If Cal can get away with playing him that way we will loose or be forced to send him to the bench. Lets go Aaron, we know you can do it, you have put in the hours, we are all behind you.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Aaron also needs to keep moving on O in the Cal game. If he can keep moving and make continual cuts to the basket it will keep his defender more occupied and he wont be able to help off him as easily.

Wildcat Fan dr.kennethnoisewater's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Pras View Post
    In terms of jump shooting, Ashley should play like our SF and AG like our PF. Same goes for Rondae.

Aaron is at his best around the rim, and jump shots take him away from that. Any jump shot in the flow of the offense is fine, but rushed or early shots usually lead to fast break the other way.
    That's pretty much what Miller has been doing when teams sell out on defense in the paint. Some have been complaining about Ashley's floating on the perimeter/lack of post touches, and they will have more chances to complain because he's become the de-facto floor spacer. Simply not enough room for him to post up unless Miller goes 3 guards.

The reason teams can get away with this is because Arizona won't take 25-30 threes in a game even if they are great looks (nor should they). Only 14 attempts against Stanford and it could have been double that, really, and most all would have been clean looks. Floor spacing is a bigger issue than free throws or shooting for me. AG and Rondae just aren't good shotmakers, although they do everything else so well sometimes it doesn't matter. Sometimes.