Kings Court: Stay or Go

Sao Paulo Sour Diesel Papadeuce's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Default Kings Court: Stay or Go

Not a bad piece about whether certain players should stay another year or leave.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...uld-stay-or-go

Here's AG's Part:

Aaron Gordon, freshman forward, Arizona—“What’s the one thing he does really well? I’m not sure I know. He’s a better athlete than he is a basketball player. He can really defend, and he can defend multiple positions, which will help him. But is he a three (small forward) or a four (power forward)? Does he shoot it really great? Not really. I don’t think he’s a top 10 pick. He may go in the Top 10, but that’d just be a case of someone betting on upside. Right now he’s a good college player. Not a great one, but a good one. Because of his size and athleticism he may come around, but right now he’s a gamble.”

Here's NJ's Part:

Nick Johnson, junior point guard, Arizona—“He’s a potential first-round guy, a borderline first-rounder. He’s quick off the dribble, a quick first step. I like his athleticism. He’s got good balance and a solid stroke. I love the way he competes. He’s more of a combo guard than a true point guard, although he’ll need to play some point in the NBA. He’s a guy you could put out there to give your starting point guard a rest, but he’s not a guy where you’d say, ‘Here’s the ball. Go run my team.’ It’ll be a spot duty thing. I definitely think he’s turning more and more heads. He’s trending upward.”

LOL, and just for kicks, here's Jahii's part:

Jahii Carson, sophomore point guard, Arizona State
    —“I’m not a big fan. He’s not even in the top 10-12 in his league for assist-to-turnover ratio. He’s extremely quick, and he’s a tough kid. But he’s a streaky shooter and just really, really small. I think he’ll get drafted but he’ll be a backup in the NBA at best.”
    “São Paulo is not for amateurs.”

KillerCarlson

Sounds like an amateur depiction on Gordon's game if you compare it to the lengthy scouting report video that DraftExpress put together.

Though, as a fan it would be great for Gordon to return to Arizona next year. Hopefully Sean Miller reminds him that even Blake Griffen played college ball for 2 years!

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
    Though, as a fan it would be great for Gordon to return to Arizona next year. Hopefully Sean Miller reminds him that even Blake Griffen played college ball for 2 years!
    As well as his idol, Magic Johnson.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Arizona

Originally Posted by KillerCarlson View Post
    As well as his idol, Magic Johnson.