Bishop Gorman upsets Findlay Prep

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys Caz's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Flag Navy Bishop Gorman upsets Findlay Prep

After losing to Findlay 6 straight years
    Bishop Gorman finally beat their cross town rivals

Air-Zona!!!!
    " I'm just a basketball player, I don't really have a true position. I just play hard on every possession " - Derrick Williams

Pick Em Rank

Air-Zona!!!!
    " I'm just a basketball player, I don't really have a true position. I just play hard on every possession " - Derrick Williams

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Who the hell is that dude from Findlay that let Bishop drive for tying layup at buzzer? Dope

Pick Em Rank

Justin Jackson. Sad.

Pick Em Rank

We're recruiting Justin Jackson
    Air-Zona!!!!

Pick Em Rank

I honestly don't think this Findlay team is on par with the Findlay teams of the past.
    They were stacked at all five spots on the floor and usually were better than their opponent.
    This team is definitely good with Thornton/Vaughn/Oubre/Jackson/Victor but I wouldn't say they are stacked.

I have seen them play and they don't have the look or swag of the past Findlay teams.
    I don't know what it is but Junkyard needs to get on the recruiting trail and start to bring in some elite talent next season.
    Rabb/Dorsey would be 1A/1B on my list for the off-season.
    Hell throw Comanche in there as well..
    Marcus Garvey,MLK,Malcolm X,Joe Louis,Rosa Parks,etc..
    All these men & woman and several more African-Americans helped paved the way to allow me to chase my dream and to pursue greatness,to sit in the same classroom as those whose ancestors thought they were more superior than mine..

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I also don't think that this Findlay team is as good as year's past. Here is my review:

Overall the team defense can be excellent at times but, like any HS team can have major lapses.
    This team struggles most on offense due to lack of consistent mid-range and outside shooters.

Kelly Oubre is probably the most consistent, explosive offensive player on the team.
    Vaughn is very good but also very streaky.
    Craig Victor plays solid on-ball defense, has good length rebounds well and shows flashes of ball handling and passing brilliance but his shot is far less developed.
    Justin Jackson's game is similar to Craig Victor's but he isn't as good of a passer and isn't as strong.
    PG Derryck Thornton is going to be special but the fact that he is only a Sophomore is evident at times in his strength and decision making and he can get "sped-up" at critical times in the game instead of being the calming effect the team needs. When he is going well, especially against weaker competition the team is fluid, against top-tier teams... you can see he needs to polish his game but you can also his potential for the future.
    Last edited by Catbus; 01-27-2014 at 06:39 AM.
    "You're ruining the private forum."
    -ACE