Arizona -5

Pick Em Rank

Default Arizona -5

Arizona is a 5 point favorite vs Stanford

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Flag Navy handicappers

Sometimes the handicappers make this tough. I think that is a very good number. I think if the number is tight like that, you may as well take the cats. Who are our resident handicappers here. Would like to hear their input on this line.

Go cats. I think they cover this line but not by very much. My heart pounds a lot less though when we win comfortably and for my hearts sake, I hope that happens
    Tucson Sam

Invincibility lies in the defense; the possibility of victory in the attack. Sun Tzu

Seattle Silver Foxes Don't Pay the Choll Toll's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

I do quite a bit of sports betting. Id personally take this and run with it. Sure Stanford can beat us, but a 8-15 point win for AZ is more likely. We just tend to run away with games at the end.

Pick Em Rank

Line seems right to me, this should be a tight game.
    "I know Ms. Pac-Man is special. She's fun. She's cute. She swallows."

Pick Em Rank

There's been a bit of a divergence lately between kenpom and vegas.. He has AZ -7 for instance right now. Not huge but not insignificant either.

Pick Em Rank

Last game left me with zero confidence. If AG tries to show out in front of his hometown peeps and starts forcing shots (like we saw for the majority of the Utah game), it could be a bad week for the Cats.

That said, I still don't know how teams are going to beat us, as we seem incredibly hard to put away as witnessed in Michigan. We're battle tested and I hope the Utah game was an actual wake up call.

5 points is a great number. Not too many people think there are key numbers in basketball. I tend to think 7 is a real key number and we're on the right side of that. We have lost ATS our last two games after entering last week as the team with the best ATS record, which saddens me.

Stanford has a decent starting 5, their depth is abysmal. They only really play 7 and the 2 off the bench are not impressive at all. Seems to play perfectly into our hands as we seem to do a remarkable job of wearing down our opponents. Any of their starting 5 get into foul trouble and it could get ugly for them very quickly.

I might bet a little on the game, but more than likely I will wait till half time to 1) see how we look 2) see how the refs are allowing us to play. If we going into half without foul trouble, most likely going to hammer the 2nd half line.

That said, it's unusual to see Vegas put up a number 2 to 3 points off where Massey and Kenpom predict.

I'll add write ups to this thread when they start rolling in.

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Tunafish View Post
    Last game left me with zero confidence. If AG tries to show out in front of his hometown peeps and starts forcing shots (like we saw for the majority of the Utah game), it could be a bad week for the Cats.

That said, I still don't know how teams are going to beat us, as we seem incredibly hard to put away as witnessed in Michigan. We're battle tested and I hope the Utah game was an actual wake up call.

5 points is a great number. Not too many people think there are key numbers in basketball. I tend to think 7 is a real key number and we're on the right side of that. We have lost ATS our last two games after entering last week as the team with the best ATS record, which saddens me.

Stanford has a decent starting 5, their depth is abysmal. They only really play 7 and the 2 off the bench are not impressive at all. Seems to play perfectly into our hands as we seem to do a remarkable job of wearing down our opponents. Any of their starting 5 get into foul trouble and it could get ugly for them very quickly.

I might bet a little on the game, but more than likely I will wait till half time to 1) see how we look 2) see how the refs are allowing us to play. If we going into half without foul trouble, most likely going to hammer the 2nd half line.

That said, it's unusual to see Vegas put up a number 2 to 3 points off where Massey and Kenpom predict.

I'll add write ups to this thread when they start rolling in.
    THIS.

I know red may take exception, but I'd really like to know what refs will be officiating this game and what their stats are.
    #4Bashley

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I think AG can defend and limit Dwight Powell. I also think Nick can defend and shut down or limit Stanford's other high scorer. From what I've heard of their front court, I don't believe Zeus and Brash will have any problems there. This could turn into a bigger win than the odds makers are figuring. Won't know 'till we know. But I think this one won't nearly as close as they think.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Sagarin PREDICTOR has Arizona a 11.14 point favorite on a neutral court, or 7.14 point favorite at Stanford. So, another model that would be for taking Arizona -5.