Brian Jeffries

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys mchil's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Default Brian Jeffries

Can I listen to him call the games online? I'm watching from out of state and I think someone mentioned there's a website where I can. I'm not sure if syncing would be a problem but I figured I'd give it a try. Jarron Collins was driving me nuts..the sound of his voice, and listening to him talk about playing for Stanford and beating us in McKale forced me to mute. Would appreciate any suggestions or help.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Tunein.com or their app for smartphones.

Pick Em Rank

He is pretty good, really enjoy listening to him
    Twitter: @BeardownBill
    Papadeuce - "Whenever i meet up with kane my wife says to "tell your boyfriend hi for me""
    AztecWildcat - "There are more lawyers than people on this website. Jesus."
    GulfCoastCat - "grapejuice isn't rod?"
    Ryno - "
    ****, I better take a shower before work. I smell like DawgWarrior"
    cjw2222 - "The only thing Rondae can't shoulder shimmy? eeisners sex life"

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by mchil View Post
    Can I listen to him call the games online? I'm watching from out of state and I think someone mentioned there's a website where I can. I'm not sure if syncing would be a problem but I figured I'd give it a try. Jarron Collins was driving me nuts..the sound of his voice, and listening to him talk about playing for Stanford and beating us in McKale forced me to mute. Would appreciate any suggestions or help.
    K-HIT 107.5 for 107.5 FM in Tucson

1290 AM The Source for 1290 AM in Tucson

I thought about doing the same thing...love hearing Jeffries and often cannot stand the TV announcers. The problem, however, is that the TV is on about a 5-second delay from the radio broadcast. In other words, I could not figure out a way to not HEAR everything happening 5 seconds before I SEE it happening...which I found to be even MORE annoying than the dolts on TV. Unfortunately the delay is not the other way around, since I can easily pause/record live TV on my Dish DVR.

So unless someone has ideas about easily pausing the live radio feed to sync with the TV broadcast, I am not sure what to tell you other than to just mute the dolts on TV. I suppose if either of the above radio stations were on a satellite feed, I could pause/record the radio broadcast just like the TV broadcast. If you then had two TVs (or ability to watch TV through your computer) you could sync the radio broadcast 5 seconds behind the TV broadcast.

The other option, if you DVR the game on TV to watch later (and NOT watch live), is to then also digitally record the Jeffries radio broadcast. There are solutions out there to do so on your computer (just Google "record radio stream"). You can then replay the game on TV without sound and listen to a synced radio recording from your computer. Sound like a bit of a pain, but not if it is that important to you.

Sonoran Hoops Cartel GoAzCatsBlows's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

http://www.amazon.com/SR-202-SportSy.../dp/B00628AOW8

Originally Posted by desertdink View Post
    K-HIT 107.5 for 107.5 FM in Tucson

1290 AM The Source for 1290 AM in Tucson

I thought about doing the same thing...love hearing Jeffries and often cannot stand the TV announcers. The problem, however, is that the TV is on about a 5-second delay from the radio broadcast. In other words, I could not figure out a way to not HEAR everything happening 5 seconds before I SEE it happening...which I found to be even MORE annoying than the dolts on TV. Unfortunately the delay is not the other way around, since I can easily pause/record live TV on my Dish DVR.

So unless someone has ideas about easily pausing the live radio feed to sync with the TV broadcast, I am not sure what to tell you other than to just mute the dolts on TV. I suppose if either of the above radio stations were on a satellite feed, I could pause/record the radio broadcast just like the TV broadcast. If you then had two TVs (or ability to watch TV through your computer) you could sync the radio broadcast 5 seconds behind the TV broadcast.

The other option, if you DVR the game on TV to watch later (and NOT watch live), is to then also digitally record the Jeffries radio broadcast. There are solutions out there to do so on your computer (just Google "record radio stream"). You can then replay the game on TV without sound and listen to a synced radio recording from your computer. Sound like a bit of a pain, but not if it is that important to you.
    “Our program is different. Our program is used to being in this situation, because that's the biggest problem in terms of turning a program around is that you have to realize - and our guys do - that every time you come out you have 'Arizona' on your chest. We're used to that.” -Dios-

Sonoran Hoops Cartel GoAzCatsBlows's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I guess that wouldn't work for you because you're trying to stream it. Still pretty cool for local fans that prefer Brian Jeffries.
    “Our program is different. Our program is used to being in this situation, because that's the biggest problem in terms of turning a program around is that you have to realize - and our guys do - that every time you come out you have 'Arizona' on your chest. We're used to that.” -Dios-

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

If people are recording the video of games on their DVR, and want to listen to the Jeffries radio broadcast when they replay, I found a good free source on-line to do so on the cloud, that does not require you to download or install anything.

Go to Record radio: How To Record Radio - All AM/FM/Net Shows

1. You will need to first create a free account by registering an email and password.
    2. Then enter "KHYT Tucson" or "KCUB Tucson" in the search box of the above website for either 107.5 FM or 1290 AM, respectively.
    3. This will bring up a page with established shows, but also allow you record blocks of time either immediately or on on a particular date.
    4. Enter the date, time of start (with proper GMT), length, how often (which should be once), and name it.
    5. Press "Schedule this recording" to log it into your account (you can check your schedule later).

When recorded, you should get an email notification, and you simply log in to your account, and bring up your list to listen to it. If you have a laptop or other computer near your TV, just run the DVR recording muted and listen to Brian Jeffries on your internet recording. You can keep or delete them there as you wish, just like your DVR at home.

Please note, if you just want only the game and not much else, the 107.5 FM broadcast works fine. However, if you are a stat geek, and want all the analysis by Jeffries both before and after the game (the best part about listening to him IMO), you will want to record before, during, and after the game from KCUB (1290 AM). The FM station cuts to the game, and back away to music, not long before or after the game (respectively), so you miss quite a bit of Jeffries broadcast and analysis.

The only drawback to the above, is skipping through commercials is much more difficult, since you will need to re-sync each time you skip the video by also skipping the radio recording. C'est la vie...

Anyway...hope this helps you guys out. I might give this a try the next time I have to record and watch the game later...and let you know how it works out.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

More on the above...

It is also possible to listen to recordings as they are happening! The FAQ on the website said this...

Q: Can I start playing back a show while it is recording?
    A: Yes. As soon as parts are recorded and stored they are available for listening. All DAR recordings are saved in 15 minute parts, so you can expect to start listening in about 30 minutes after the start of the recording.

Not sure why each 15 minute block takes another 15 minutes to become available for listening. In theory, however, you could pause your TV for awhile, until the first packet gets stored from the radio recording, the start listening to Jeffries synced to the TV broadcast.

I am definitely going to do some experimenting to see how well this all works. I would love to listen to Jeffries somehow synced to the satellite video feed. If anyone has any easier or better method, let me know.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

BTW...there are also Iphone apps in the FAQ, if you wish to schedule and listen on your phone. Also, the free account will let you store 2 GB of recorded material, or approx. 100 hours.