Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Oden sucks, told ya

Pick Em Rank

ACE FTW, as usual.

Statman

Originally Posted by Spookylegs View Post
    pgu has it's own Sam Rostein!

u have any killer projections in the last 2 years?
    Well, I am an Arizona fan - yet I balls up and posted this a year and a half ago using college stats to foretell possible Bayless' struggles in the NBA:

http://wildcatsportsreport.com/forums/blog.php?b=127

That blog post pissed off a few, people telling me that Jerryd was destined for NBA greatness.

Pick Em Rank

people listen to espn over there eyesight. I trust my eyes. I'll take the baller over the gonna be baller everytime

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Well, I am an Arizona fan - yet I balls up and posted this a year and a half ago using college stats to foretell possible Bayless' struggles in the NBA:

http://wildcatsportsreport.com/forums/blog.php?b=127

That blog post pissed off a few, people telling me that Jerryd was destined for NBA greatness.
    Spot on. I still think he's destined for great things, but I don't think they will happen in Portland.

Pick Em Rank

sorry oden got hurt, dont wish anyone that. However, you can see all this was predictable if u looked at the facts.

Pick Em Rank

Not only does Oden look old, he seems to have the body of an old guy by what his injury report lists....I feel terrible for the guy since he had so much potential and hype which I'm sure he felt the pressure to live up to....Seems like a good human being and I look forward to the day that he overcomes this latest obstacle.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by Statman View Post
    Where was Duncan? Well - he WASN'T coming off two fractures, out for the season with surgury, and already showing a degenerative disk in his back.

The only reason I'm bothering to bring this up is how EVERYONE (besides Ace obviously) thought it was crazy talk to even mention Durant being drafted over Oden - despite the negative Oden signs.

Oh, yeah - Bill Walton only once ever had over 2000 minutes in a season (2264 in 1976-77). The Blazers did win a championship with him (Maurice Lucas was arguably their best player) - but he was gone after 4 seasons. Until he was lucky enough to get to play for Boston in 85-86 - only 2 of his 8 pro seasons was he able to lead his team to even a winning record.

If that is good enough for you - especially if your team passed up on a future Hall of Famer (Durant) for it - well, keep drinking that cool aid! Not only that - pass some of that feel good juice over to us!
    Had to bring up the ol' Oden/Durant debate - since Greg is trying his comeback. I really hope the guy can have a Bill Walton with the Celts resurgence - but I ain't holding my breath. You never know.

I highlighted above my predicting Durant as a Hall of Famer (in '07 mind you) - which caused OSU8085 some serious consternation.

Maui Big Black Howler Monkeys UAZCTSFAN1's Avatar
    Pick Em Rank

Man look at all the classic members on here that I haven't seen in awhile, OSU, N1, (the old ACE)...the good ol' days...
    "I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you **** with me, I'll kill you all." - Marine General James Mattis, to Iraqi tribal leaders

ASSU Sucks, that is all!

ArizonaSting13

This thread is brilliant. Is ACE ever wrong?

Pick Em Rank

Originally Posted by OSU8085 View Post
    You are right, Oden was absolute **** in college, I mean its not like he took a team that lost what? 4 starters from a 2 seed team the year before and lead them to the title game...and in that title game be the literal only reason for his team not being blown out by the defnding champs all the while playing with 1 hand...

But I'm sure your boy Durant is worthy, I mean what with his choke job against SC and all
    M
    This thread is a clear example of how people think they know Sports but dont. I don't get into discussions like this anymore because I don't respect most people's opinions.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default Re: Oden sucks, told ya

Originally Posted by ACE View Post
    M
    This thread is a clear example of how people think they know Sports but dont. I don't get into discussions like this anymore because I don't respect most people's opinions.
    People that don't know sports includes the professionals ( Portland ) !!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12