What if...

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Default What if...

This might sound crazy, but what if Zues and AG switched positions on offense? Meaning, what if we played Gordon in the interior and zues in the mid-range area. I know it sounds rediculous, but:

Aaron is a beast inside and playing the center role would keep him comfortable to excel at what he's really good at, which is dunks, layins, offensive rebounds.

zues has a chance to be a great face up player, even though he's predominantly played as a back to the basket center. I believe if zues plays the 4, where he extends to the mid range area, he'll have significant success making high low passes, hitting the freethrow in shot, and allow our offense the needed spacing it desperately needs right now.

I caveat this theory, based on how well zues shoots freethrows,

thoughts?

Pick Em Rank

I can't remember the last time Zeus took a shot w/out starting his move with his back to the basket (excluding catch and dunks).

but i would like to see zeus get more touches and shots. It still wouldn't help our spacing issues however.
    Golf requires goofy pants and a fat ass. You should talk to my neighbor, the accountant. Probably a great golfer... huge ass.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I don't know Moosety2008. From all the games we've watched so far, it seems Aaron has done best when he came down the baseline or straight down the key to get the slam-set-up or the rebound put back/jam. If he was to actually play the 5, I think it would be a problem. Aaron has tried in the past to defend against a 5 and got moved like he was a guard playing against a center. But, then again, you don't know 'till you try it. Maybe with him there and Zeus coming to double when the opponent's center starts his move could work. JMO

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I don't think the change needs to be that drastic but I would like to see AG spend most of his time in the key area catching passes and post entries. The most comfortable he looked last night is when he caught that pass at the free throw line and drive from there. I would like to see him in the high post more often. If Rondae could hit a shot that would work really well I would think and when we have three perimeter shooters with AG in the game I think he would be fantastic at the high post like Dwill used to do a lot of. But even then the other team can always foul him every time he makes a move to the basket. He could pass the ball very well out of the high post to.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

Originally Posted by titan4wildcats View Post
    I don't know Moosety2008. From all the games we've watched so far, it seems Aaron has done best when he came down the baseline or straight down the key to get the slam-set-up or the rebound put back/jam. If he was to actually play the 5, I think it would be a problem. Aaron has tried in the past to defend against a 5 and got moved like he was a guard playing against a center. But, then again, you don't know 'till you try it. Maybe with him there and Zeus coming to double when the opponent's center starts his move could work. JMO
    Titan, i what you're saying. I was just implying Gordon playing the 5 on offense, but then on defense playing the 3-4. I think zues has an unexplored midrange game, and feel he maybe more valuable offensively to extend out and let Gordon roam the interior. As it is, zues can't get the ball inside because Gordon's man sags off so much it makes it difficult to feed zues without worrying about the imminent double team.

I've seen people complain we don't pass it enough to Zeus on the inside, and that's about 80% out of fear that we can't quite get zues isolated, as Arron's defender is lurking weak side.

switch Arron and Kaleb on offense and I think it creates an interesting proposition for the defense. Sag off zues and he buries you with his mid-range shot. Play him honest and he dumps a high low pass to Gordon who is great at interior and post play.

Pick Em Rank
    N/A

I see now what you mean Moosety, and that could possibly work. Now all we have to do is get to the bench during the game, and convince Coach Miller he's got a very important phone call. LOL.