What do you guys think came first? Our guards inability to set up our post players for an easy score resulting in regression of our post players or a loss of faith by our guards in our post players after blown opportunities resulting in a regression of our guards in terms of setting up our big men?
Also, a few thoughts from the game...
1. I understand shots not falling when the bright lights are on you, but that shouldn't effect defense and rebounding position.
2. Nick Johnson had no chance in defending Larry Drew.
3. Lyons had 0 assists, but we also were not hitting shots.
4. Zeus had 0 defensive rebounds, but UCLA rarely missed a shot when he was in.
5. Bill Walton wants to adopt Shabazz.
6. One or both of the Wears always kills us.
7. KP has never missed that many shots in a game.
8. As Lyons goes, we go.
9. The sky isn't falling.
10. I'd be interested in seeing a game where NJ plays primarily the 1 and Lyons the 2.
11. If we can't establish a threat down low, we will continue to play into the hands of the other team. You should HAVE TO double a 7-foot post player who gets the ball within 5 feet of the basket.
12. We missed more open shots last night than we have all season.
13. Our seniors played more like freshman last night and their freshman played more like seniors.
14. I don't know how Miller refrains from physically assaulting certain players.
15. We'll be okay.
Thoughts? One-liners to add?